2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Is there a chance that he will be the number one quarterback in the country this year?

My guess is that he will be in the hunt for it. A lot of water will pass under the bridge before anybody claims that position though.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Mikey said:

My guess is that he will be in the hunt for it. A lot of water will pass under the bridge before anybody claims that position though.

We will see in the Fall. Definitely a chance! 

9 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Is there a chance that he will be the number one quarterback in the country this year?

He is number one in my book, if that matters to you!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Yes there's a chance. Justin Fields went from a 3* to the #1 player in the nation in 4-6 months. Trevor Lawrence recently just took it back from him.

I know Bo is a legacy and was more than likely going to cast his lot with Auburn. But I wonder how much the extension given to Gus had to do with Bo pulling the trigger this early?

6 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I know Bo is a legacy and was more than likely going to cast his lot with Auburn. But I wonder how much the extension given to Gus had to do with Bo pulling the trigger this early?

He had already planned to commit around this time.

5 hours ago, milehighfan said:

It had to help. Not long ago Jimbo Fisher was thought to be a big player in Bo's decision. Seems like Gus's new contract put the skids to that.

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Yes, but the question was commit to where? Gus's guaranteed stability at AU provided a clear picture of what the situation at Auburn would be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

It had to help. Not long ago Jimbo Fisher was thought to be a big player in Bo's decision. Seems like Gus's new contract put the skids to that.

Yes, but the question was commit to where? Gus's guaranteed stability at AU provided a clear picture of what the situation at Auburn would be.

Maybe, the incoming AD can step up to the plate with a contract for CCL that keeps him here for a long time.

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Had planned to do it over the Summer. The extension helped getting him committed quicker.

19 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Maybe, the incoming AD can step up to the plate with a contract for CCL that keeps him here for a long time.

I don't see the need right now. He has 2 years left on his current contract & is not up for any HC jobs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

bo nix's 40 time looks to me like hes around the 4.5-8 range.

yall got any info on it

31 minutes ago, Jaxr29 said:

bo nix's 40 time looks to me like hes around the 4.5-8 range.

yall got any info on it

40 times are waaaaaaaaay over rated when trying to use them as a measuring stick in football. Some guys have better game speed than dash speed & vise versa.

• Like 2

Shoutout to Bo. This kid is recruiting hard for 2019. Really gonna be thankful he committed and shut it down early when we look back at his recruitment next year. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Shoutout to Bo. This kid is recruiting hard for 2019. Really gonna be thankful he committed and shut it down early when we look back at his recruitment next year. 

This is so, so good to hear. 

• Love 1

This is awesome

A match made in Auburn heaven? Maybe

Might an Auburn legend soon be coaching a future Auburn quarterback?

6_8089644.png Bo Nix (left) is an Auburn commit; Cam Newton is an Auburn legend. (Photo: 247Sports)

Might an Auburn legend soon be coaching a future Auburn quarterback?

It’s possible. Very possible.

According to Pinson Valley (Ala.) coach Patrick Nix, Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has invited Nix’s son, 2019 Auburn 4-star quarterback commit Bo Nix, to play for the 7-on-7 team Newton coaches.

Newton recently reached out to Patrick and Bo Nix to discus the opportunity with them.

“We’ve definitely talked to him,” said Patrick Nix, also a former Auburn quarterback great. “It’s an honor. It’s very humbling for him to be interested in Bo and wanting Bo to be on his team.”

The Cam Newton All-Stars are sponsored by the Cam Newton Foundation. Newton, who led Auburn to the 2010 national title while winning the Heisman Trophy, is extremely active with the squad he coaches, calling plays, offering guidance to players and often traveling by bus with them to out-of-town events.

“He told us he’s very involved (with the team),” Patrick Nix said.

6_7753875.jpg
GET THE SCOOP

Georgia 5-star signee Justin Fields was Newton's quarterback last year. Previous Cam NewtonAll-Stars quarterbacks include Deshaun Watson, who now is with the NFL's Houston Texans, and current Auburn quarterback Malik Willis.

Nix is the No. 57 overall recruit in the 247Sports Composite. He committed to Auburn on Jan. 10.

Bo Nix is strongly considering Newton’s offer. A decision will be made in Febuary.

“There’s a good chance it will happen,” Patrick Nix said.

To make things work, the Nix family must first make sure Bo can fit it into his busy schedule. Not only is he playing baseball this spring, but he will have multiple football camps to attend, including Nike’s The Opening Regional. There’s also the matter of driving two hours to Atlanta for practices.

“Quite honestly, the Nike Elite 11 and baseball are his top priorities,” Patrick Nix said. "Everything else comes behind that. But obviously, working with Cam Newton now is a top priority. It’s moved up there. He’s a Cam Newton fan. He grew up when Cam won the national championship at Auburn. For an Auburn kid, Cam is pretty important. To have a chance to work with Cam is a great honor and a great privilege. “

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

This is awesome

Neat, 7-on-7 is an excellent way to continue developing a passer.

• Like 1

https://247sports.com/Player/Bo-Nix-77945 L O L what a f#$%^n joke that tua's brother gets this massive bump on the 247 rankings update and they barely have bo in the top 200 of players in the country for 247. barton simmons is a a%^ clown truly. He seriously needs to be stripped of his title of director of scouting for doing this bad of a job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Bo-Nix-77945 L O L what a f#$%^n joke that tua's brother gets this massive bump on the 247 rankings update and they barely have bo in the top 200 of players in the country for 247. barton simmons is a a%^ clown truly. He seriously needs to be stripped of his title of director of scouting for doing this bad of a job. 

Your link leads you to #74 ranked Bo Nix, #1 DT.  Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

That is his composite score. The newly 247 rankings came out and he is barely in the top 200. His composite score was at 50 something before they updated their rankings. They moved him down a lot.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He is number 172 for 247's own rankings. LIKE **** with that bs. There is no way he is the 172nd ranked kid in the country. This is not just because he is a Auburn commit and legacy. He is just that damn good. A lot better than 172nd. Barton Simmons is freaking awful. He screwed up first with asa martin now with bo nix.

**edit** Lets not get carried away with certain acronym Gwill thanks

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is number 172 for 247's own rankings. LIKE GTFO with that bs. There is no way he is the 172nd ranked kid in the country. This is not just because he is a Auburn commit and legacy. He is just that damn good. A lot better than 172nd. Barton Simmons is freaking awful. He screwed up first with asa martin now with bo nix.

I don't get that deep into the ratings stuff, but if you're again' it, I'm again' it!

• Haha 1