2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I don't get that deep into the ratings stuff, but if you're again' it, I'm again' it!

* firm handshake* lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Bo-Nix-77945 L O L what a f#$%^n joke that tua's brother gets this massive bump on the 247 rankings update and they barely have bo in the top 200 of players in the country for 247. barton simmons is a a%^ clown truly. He seriously needs to be stripped of his title of director of scouting for doing this bad of a job. 

It wasn’t just Nix.  The drop also got Ja’Len Sims as well it appears.  However he isn’t a commit but looks to be an early AU lean.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

It wasn’t just Nix.  The drop also got Ja’Len Sims as well it appears.  However he isn’t a commit but looks to be an early AU lean.

Is he the one at jackson olin or is that someone else?

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

A little early in cycle to be complaining about rankings don’t you think? 

nope. Not when it comes to our franchise commit. absolutely no reason for 247 to have him ranked so low when everyone else has him ranked so high and in the top 50 I believe on all the other sites. he has killed every 7 on 7 camp he has been to and won numerous individual awards on the camp circuit. Not to mention he had better stats than most Qbs this past season in 5 less games that he missed because of injury. He absolutely annihilated the 6 a AHSAA playoffs so yah I am going to complain.

• Thanks 1

Simmons is truly the definition of a$$ clown.  I thought Scout's rankings were not going to count in the composite in the future anyway.  What a joke.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, NorthGATiger said:

Simmons is truly the definition of a$$ clown.  I thought Scout's rankings were not going to count in the composite in the future anyway.  What a joke.

scout is no more I believe. And yes totally agree with you on that. Like seriously how can you watch asa and bo's tape and have them ranked so low. At least on asa everyone else but rivals had him ranked criminally low. But on bo? Yah he is just on a island on that one by himself.

41 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Is he the one at jackson olin or is that someone else?

Fultondale.  Was the number 5 rated ILB and I think number 9 in the state.  Now 11 and 14 respectively.  Not certain but I think from a 92 down to an 88

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Fultondale.  Was the number 5 rated ILB and I think number 9 in the state.  Now 11 and 14 respectively.  Not certain but I think from a 92 down to an 88

wow that is steep. holy crap.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Bo-Nix-77945 L O L what a f#$%^n joke that tua's brother gets this massive bump on the 247 rankings update and they barely have bo in the top 200 of players in the country for 247. barton simmons is a a%^ clown truly. He seriously needs to be stripped of his title of director of scouting for doing this bad of a job. 

ABA72B6F-0779-4DF2-B248-B876036BA196.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

nope. Not when it comes to our franchise commit. absolutely no reason for 247 to have him ranked so low when everyone else has him ranked so high and in the top 50 I believe on all the other sites. he has killed every 7 on 7 camp he has been to and won numerous individual awards on the camp circuit. Not to mention he had better stats than most Qbs this past season in 5 less games that he missed because of injury. He absolutely annihilated the 6 a AHSAA playoffs so yah I am going to complain.

I’m sure Bo is losing a ton of sleep over it. 

On 2/1/2018 at 8:25 PM, ClaytonAU said:

I’m sure Bo is losing a ton of sleep over it. 

Did I say he was? This is about rating a guy what he deserves to be rated. It is about what is fair. Do you not care that he is rated so low? I do. Listen guys want to play with the top QB recruits in the country. It is a huge deal in recruiting when you get a top QB like we did committed early and he is ranked really high. It sets the tone for the whole class. The 247 rating pull down his composite score over 20 points. Do you think he is the 172nd ranked player in the country? If you do then it makes sense you arguing with me. If you think like me and others do he is ranked to low then why the hell are you giving me so much pushback on this? You arguing just to argue?

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

ABA72B6F-0779-4DF2-B248-B876036BA196.gif

lol never in my life did I think I would see a biebs gif on here!!! well done mr fred! you have outdone yourself.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Do you not care that he is rated so low?

No because it’s January of 2018. You’re upset because of a rating of a kid who won’t even be on campus for another year and half. All I said was it was a little early to get your feelings hurt over a rating a year in advance. Not to mention you quoted me first... so who is trying to argue again? 

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

No because it’s January of 2018. You’re upset because of a rating of a kid who won’t even be on campus for another year and half. All I said was it was a little early to get your feelings hurt over a rating a year in advance. Not to mention you quoted me first... so who is trying to argue again? 

lol were you not talking to me? Why say that and not quote me? You were talking to me were you not? OH NO! I want a Auburn recruit to be rated higher! THE HORROR!!! How awful of me. I apologize this is such a terrible thing and I will never do it again................... But lets be real at worst He is a top 50 recruit in the country and he should be rated as such like he is on rivals and espn. Film don't lie. Numbers do not either. His performances on 7 on 7 speaks for itself. 

Edited by GwillMac6

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

lol were you not talking to me?

No. It was a blanket statement as there is uproar on AU boards across the internet about Bo and other recruits. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I want a Auburn recruit to be rated higher! THE HORROR!!! How awful of me. I apologize this is such a terrible thing and I will never do it again...................

Cool man. I’ve just never understood being butthurt about stars, especially not stars a year in advance. Justin Fields was a three star his junior year. 

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

No. It was a blanket statement as there is uproar on AU boards across the internet about Bo and other recruits. 

Cool man. I’ve just never understood being butthurt about stars, especially not stars a year in advance. Justin Fields was a three star his junior year. 

Because it is barton simmons. He has a history of doing this to us. The latest example was rating Asa Martin the guy who dominated alabama high school football this past year with over 2k yards and won MR Football at 281. His rationale was and I am paraphrasing OH he just did not impress me when I saw him in person. Lol ok barton. How on earth can he knock down Bo Nix 40 or so spots from in the 130's to in the 170's after the playoff run he had just blows me and others mind. That is why me and others are so upset. These 2 guys are studs and their play on the field justified giving them a ratings boost not downgrade. 

Edited by GwillMac6

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol never in my life did I think I would see a biebs gif on here!!! well done mr fred! you have outdone yourself.

There has been a troubling, almost criminal, Bieber deficit on this forum for some time. This is not what Bo wants! Wooo! Enjoy!

• Haha 1

Just now, fredst said:

There has been a troubling, almost criminal, Bieber deficit on this forum for some time. This is not what Bo wants! Wooo! Enjoy!

So true fam. Bo Knows bieber!!! WOOO!!!! lol

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Your link leads you to #74 ranked Bo Nix, #1 DT.  Am I missing something?

His 247 only score is in there too. Grade of 91 & 172 overall.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is his composite score. The newly 247 rankings came out and he is barely in the top 200. His composite score was at 50 something before they updated their rankings. They moved him down a lot.

He's actually been there a while. I noticed the 91 score & 172 overall a couple months ago.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's actually been there a while. I noticed the 91 score & 172 overall a couple months ago.

I saw he was at in the 140'ish from this article.

State of Alabama prospects in the Top247:

Clay Webb, OC, Oxford (Ala.) -- No. 38 to No. 35

Christian Williams, CB, Daphne (Ala.) -- N/A to No. 68

Amari Kight, OT, Alabaster (Ala.) Thompson -- No. 179 to No. 91

Taulia Tagovailoa, QB, Alabaster (Ala.) Thompson -- N/A to No. 100

Mohamoud Diabate, DE, Auburn (Ala.) -- No. 117 to No. 125

Bo Nix, QB, Pinson Valley (Ala.) -- Auburn commit -- No. 141 to No. 172

Paul Tyson, QB, Hewitt-Trussville -- N/A to No. 177

George Pickens, WR, Hoover (Ala.) -- Auburn commit -- N/A to No. 179

DJ Dale, DT, Pinson (Ala.) Clay-Chalkville -- N/A to No. 181

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I saw he was at in the 140'ish from this article.

State of Alabama prospects in the Top247:

Clay Webb, OC, Oxford (Ala.) -- No. 38 to No. 35

Christian Williams, CB, Daphne (Ala.) -- N/A to No. 68

Amari Kight, OT, Alabaster (Ala.) Thompson -- No. 179 to No. 91

Taulia Tagovailoa, QB, Alabaster (Ala.) Thompson -- N/A to No. 100

Mohamoud Diabate, DE, Auburn (Ala.) -- No. 117 to No. 125

Bo Nix, QB, Pinson Valley (Ala.) -- Auburn commit -- No. 141 to No. 172

Paul Tyson, QB, Hewitt-Trussville -- N/A to No. 177

George Pickens, WR, Hoover (Ala.) -- Auburn commit -- N/A to No. 179

DJ Dale, DT, Pinson (Ala.) Clay-Chalkville -- N/A to No. 181

You're right, which was bad then. I saw the same 91 score as last time so I "remembered" 172 as well. Lol My point even though info was incorrect was he was already very underrated by 247.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You're right, which was bad then. I saw the same 91 score as last time so I "remembered" 172 as well. Lol My point even though info was incorrect was he was already very underrated by 247.

absolutely. co sign to the max.

On 2/1/2018 at 4:00 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I feel you G. Missed 5 games and still got these stats. That completion percentage is bananas. He will be the no.1 QB  after next season and it will help our recruiting out even more. Hopefully he'll stay healthy.

IMG_1014.JPG

Edited by WFE12