2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

6 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Clemson should be pretty stacked at QB with their last two classes and the one they have committed this coming year. I don't see Nix going there just because of the very high level of competition. JMHO :dunno:

He likes their staff a lot. They are a real threat if they want him.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

He likes their staff a lot. They are a real threat if they want him.

"He likes their staff a lot" usually becomes a pretty weak pull once he realizes that he's behind two 5-star QBs, one of which is the #1 player in the country and drawing Peyton Manning level comparisons.

• Like 1

I don't know for a fact that we are. I was just going by the posters before me talking about Clemson coming into the picture. I always get antsy when schools from Power 5 conferences come calling.

On 2/23/2017 at 2:31 PM, metafour said:

"He likes their staff a lot" usually becomes a pretty weak pull once he realizes that he's behind two 5-star QBs, one of which is the #1 player in the country and drawing Peyton Manning level comparisons.

You may be right. I am just relaying from people with connections to BN that say he likes Clemson and they are a threat if they want to be.

Hopefully BN will be mesmerized by Jarret Stiham's back to back Championship and Heisman seasons and will desperately want to follow his legacy. A fan can dream can't he?  ??

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

I have to think we still look good for Nix. Clemson is stacked at the QB position. I am looking forward to hearing how Nix progresses in High School. He sure looks good at this point.

I can say Unequivocally that Bo does not compare to QB from cartersville that is signing with Clemson next yr.   if he wants to be a back up then go there, otherwise he will never see the field.  

On 2/23/2017 at 3:31 PM, metafour said:

And he is also Bo Freaking Nix. He's got AU in his blood. 

When Pat and I were on staff together at JSU, we talked AU more than we talked JSU. He is named after Bo. I would be absolutely shocked if he went anywhere besides AU. 

• Like 4

On 2/25/2017 at 6:28 AM, Gowebb11 said:

Hopefully BN will be mesmerized by Jason Stiham's back to back Championship and Heisman seasons and will desperately want to follow his legacy. A fan can dream can't he?  ??

Whoever has this Jason Stidham guy sure sounds like a lucky team...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

Whoever has this Jason Stidham guy sure sounds like a lucky team...

You're right, but Jarret is even better than Jason. ?

Someone posted earlier they got nervous when power 5 teams come after our recruits, I would be nervous if none were doing that myself!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

link

Alabama has joined the race for 2019, four-star Pinson Valley quarterback Bo Nix.

Nix, the son of former Auburn quarterback Patrick Nix, tweeted this afternoon that he received an offer from the Crimson Tide. The younger Nix received an offer from Auburn last June.

Nix will play at Pinson Valley next season after his father accepted the head coaching position after four seasons at Scottsboro.

The younger Nix (6-foot-1, 180 pounds) completed 55.2 percent of his passes for 1,737 yards, 16 touchdowns and four interceptions last season. He ran for 1,300 yards and 20 touchdowns on 130 carries and was a finalist for Class 5A Back of the Year.

Nix's other offers include Florida State, Ohio State, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

Blessed to receive an offer from the University of Alabama!?⚪️

The current qb situation at any program shouldnt have much bearing on the decision of a junior to be qb in HS. Things change to often. If he is already worrying about depth charts he is thinking and trying to predict too much.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, alexava said:

The current qb situation at any program shouldnt have much bearing on the decision of a junior to be qb in HS. Things change to often. If he is already worrying about depth charts he is thinking and trying to predict too much.

Exactly right. Between depth charts,coaching changes, coordinator/lead recruiter changes a lot happens year to year. Fortunately BN has a dad in the know to provide the right guidance. WDE. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bo Nix shines at prestigious Atlanta camp

BUFORD, Ga., — Competing against many rising seniors, some of whom already have picked their colleges, 2019 quarterback Bo Nix did more than hold his own Sunday at The Opening Atlanta regional camp.

According to those running the event, he performed the best.

Among a field that included Ohio State commit Emory Jones and Texas A&M commit Cade Fortin, it was Nix, who now attends Pinson Valley (Ala.) who walked away with quarterback MVP honors.

“I thought I did pretty good,” Nix said. “I came out here, I was myself and I threw the ball pretty well. And I had some good receivers to throw to and that always helps. I was pretty comfortable with all the drills we did. And comfortable with the coaches. We have a good relationship.”

A day earlier, Nix, son of Auburn quarterback great Patrick Nix (also his coach at Pinson Valley) visited Georgia and came away with an offer.

Out of school this week for break, he’ll visit even more colleges.

Monday, it’ll be Clemson. Tuesday, Nix heads to Alabama, which recently offered. And finally, Nix will visit Auburn to watch practice Thursday. For Nix, that will be his third known visit to Auburn this calendar year.

“It’s just to see how much more I like them,” Nix said. “The second visit it always key at some places. You get to open your eyes and get to see more about it.”

After that, there might not be any visits for awhile.

In fact, as of now do not expect Nix at Auburn’s A-Day game April 8. The reason? According to his father, they get more from attending practices so that is where the focus has been.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball predicts Nix to Auburn by a wide margin and Nix said he is extremely close to the Tigers staff. But, he noted Sunday he doesn’t plan to announce his college plans any time soon.

“I don’t know yet,” Nix said. “I’m still looking and I’ve still got two and a half more years.”

On B1 of the Birmingham News (Sports) It reads LEAVING THE FLOCK?
It turs out that Paul Bryant's great grandson is strongly considering Clemson and Notre Dame. Paul Tyson, a 6'4 pro style QB from Hewitt-Trussville might head out of state to play his college ball.

• Like 1