2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

If you have 2 QBs, you actually have none. Need to have a starter ready by game 1

Tell that to bama and Clemson 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, toddc said:

Tell that to bama and Clemson 

Bama starting QB has been Tua since the start of the season. Kelly Bryant was the starter day 1 and end up losing his position to Trevor hence why he is transferring. Don’t know what season you been watching

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bama starting QB has been Tua since the start of the season. Kelly Bryant was the starter day 1 and end up losing his position to Trevor hence why he is transferring. Don’t know what season you been watching

I still disagree.    We don't need to throw a true freshman out against Oregon, on the road in the largest NFL stadium in America.  His chance of success increases exponentially against Tulsa (yes, similar uni colors, but that's about it).   If he lights it up and shows the world we made a mistake vs Oregon, then so be it.   Gus has only been ready for game one, once (last year vs Wash).

But hey - if he is an early enrollee, let the chips fall where they may.

Gus:  go get a great QB coach and forget the charades of hiring an OC, please. 

On 12/2/2018 at 7:18 PM, milehighfan said:

His size and speed he could turn out to be something.

He could even be a QB. He was Under Armour MVP after all. 

26 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Gus:  go get a great QB coach and forget the charades of hiring an OC, please. 

This….^ ^ ^

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beaker said:

Is he an early enrollee?

Yes.

6 hours ago, Beaker said:

If so, what is the realistic possibility he starts game 2 and 3

As things are now it's likely between him & Cord to start game 1.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Bo Nix era starting summer of 2019. Get behind the man, the myth, and future AU legend.

I actually thought Bo was to be an early enrollee?

25 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I actually thought Bo was to be an early enrollee?

Correct. I think he’ll be announced as the starter in the spring or summer of 2019 before Fall Practices start. 

11 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Bo Nix era starting summer of 2019. Get behind the man, the myth, and future AU legend.

Lol let's not Jeremy Johnson the kid with too much pre-hype

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Lol let's not Jeremy Johnson the kid with too much pre-hype

No pre-hype from me. Just think he’ll be our guy. Think he works harder than any QB recruit we’ve had in recent memory, loves Auburn, he’s a coach’s kid too. 

• Like 1

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

No pre-hype from me. Just think he’ll be our guy. Think he works harder than any QB recruit we’ve had in recent memory, loves Auburn, he’s a coach’s kid too. 

I would love for him to be our Jake Fromm, and it seems like his ceiling might be exponentially higher than Fromm's who I view as a game manager. Would absolutely love a four year starting quarterback at Auburn who gives us consistency and leadership at the position. It's the time of the freshmen all across the country!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I would love for him to be our Jake Fromm, and it seems like his ceiling might be exponentially higher than Fromm's who I view as a game manager. Would absolutely love a four year starting quarterback at Auburn who gives us consistency and leadership at the position. It's the time of the freshmen all across the country!

I have to disagree about Fromm being a game manager.... Most games that is the role he has played but he had shown time and time again that when the game is put on his shoulders he is more than capable..... But I am excited for BO sand fully agree about his ceiling

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

The best way to keep him from getting screwed up during his one year under Gus is to hire Pat as QB coach, and let Gus act s his own OC.  Not sure Pat would want to put his HS job on hold for a year though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Welcome back bro! I hope you've been well!

• Thanks 1

I don't know anything about his work ethic and all of that, I just see he's been a winner. And I guess that's most recruits that's going on to play D1 but he has a big mountain ahead of him. Hope he can handle it because it's more than he should have to deal with

• Like 5

On 12/4/2018 at 3:22 PM, DAG said:

Your response was to starting one qb and then another takes over after he gets ready-Bo takes over for starter of first few games- that’s exactly what happened at Clemson. Then bama had tua take over in championship last year, and then had second string qb take over in sec championship this year, thus each team had two qbs and won. So I’ve been watching the last two seasons. Thanks for asking!

Edited by toddc

20 minutes ago, toddc said:

Your response was to starting one qb and then another takes over after he gets ready-Bo takes over for starter of first few games- that’s exactly what happened at Clemson. Then bama had tua take over in championship last year, and then had second string qb take over in sec championship this year, thus each team had two qbs and won. So I’ve been watching the last two seasons. Thanks for asking!

That’s is not what happened. There was no passing of the guard as you speak of between Trevor and Kelly. Kelly was starting and Trevor ended up playing better and literally overtook the position. Tua got hurt. That is the only reason Jalen got to play  in this years championship game. Is that really that complicated to understand? The guy I was responding to actually wants us to start Cord in game 1 because he doesn’t think Bo will be ready and then hand off the Starting role to him in game 2. Let the best man win the job and stick with them.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 11:27 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Correct. I think he’ll be announced as the starter in the spring or summer of 2019 before Fall Practices start. 

I highly doubt that. Gus has never named a starter in the Spring unless they are a returner like NM in 2014 or JS this year. 

He will regurgitate the same, "it's an open competition and everyone is doing a great job. The competition is really bringing out the best in each one of them. I look forward to the continuing battle".  

• Like 4

Think of it this way, if Bo isn't the clear starter at QB, it should be because someone else has stepped up their game. And if we can bring in a good QB coach, we should have a pretty high floor at the position.

• Love 1

Cord was well thought of in High School and has time to mature while playing Pro ball, Nix has shown excellent skills as a HS QB who has worked with his dad so his skill set in reading defenses and reacting is probably higher than most freshman QB's. The O-Line actually looked much better against bama and Georgia than beginning of year so if they can continue to improve over spring and summer we should at least have an adequate O-Line. We have a bunch of very skilled receiver returning including the two who were hurt and out all season and some new ones coming in. Boobie showed potential as did Shivers and Miller at RB.   I believe the returning skill players and O-line improvement will help the O this coming year.  I can't say what I expect from D next year as we have to see who decides to go NFL route. Depending on who returns the D could take a small step back or a large step back. If a small step back then they might be better statistically next year if O has improved enough to control the ball more and not keep D on field so long.

I am not as worried as some with the idea of Nix or Cord starting next year as I am with how we utilize them.  If we don't utilize tight ends and adjust our Offense around our strengths then we could have a worse record than this year if we adjust our O we could be a good bit better than this year.  The Oregon game is becoming increasingly important we need a good showing as we need to build up the teams confidence as confidence helps a player and a team a lot.

11 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am not as worried as some with the idea of Nix or Cord starting next year as I am with how we utilize them.  If we don't utilize tight ends and adjust our Offense around our strengths then we could have a worse record than this year if we adjust our O we could be a good bit better than this year.  The Oregon game is becoming increasingly important we need a good showing as we need to build up the teams confidence as confidence helps a player and a team a lot.

This is the key part to me for 2019 and I think it all hinges on the new OC.  If not HF, then GM is going to continue to meddle and we will have issues.  Unless it is GM & he brings in QB coach only.  Then MAYBE things will be different