2017 4* LB Will Ignont (Vols 10/26/16)

McLoofus

ETA: Bammer is after Moultry pretty hard.

Yup & some of his family want him there. He told SEC Country 2 days ago AU & Bama are tied again.

He just too Scout that he has no current leaders after UGA just offered

He did not say he opened things back up because UGA offered as you are thinking. Trust me. Some of his fam are pushing him to Bama.

His uncle is. Have to uat credit here they are doing a great job on TD. And having to do it the right way.

Ignont is from AL originally, IIRC.

From what i can gather from several sources, and a few intrawebz, we lead for Ignont, Benton, Moultry, and Wooten.

Not saying we sign all four, but I don't think we fall short at LB this year.

I'm doubtful that we will be able sign two of the above. I'd be happy with two, delighted with any three of those.

PS: I don't mean I'd be happy with signing only two linebackers. I mean I'd be happy with two of those and two more of the "diamond in the rough" types that seem to be our normal catch at LB.

We will sign three of the above. IMO right now.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup & some of his family want him there. He told SEC Country 2 days ago AU & Bama are tied again.

He did not say he opened things back up because UGA offered as you are thinking. Trust me. Some of his fam are pushing him to Bama.

His uncle is. Have to uat credit here they are doing a great job on TD. And having to do it the right way.

From what i can gather from several sources, and a few intrawebz, we lead for Ignont, Benton, Moultry, and Wooten.

I'm doubtful that we will be able sign two of the above. I'd be happy with two, delighted with any three of those.

PS: I don't mean I'd be happy with signing only two linebackers. I mean I'd be happy with two of those and two more of the "diamond in the rough" types that seem to be our normal catch at LB.

"Right now" being the operative term. Too many recent years we've been in so called "great shape" with any number of top linebacker prospects and by the time signing day gets here they've all slip-slided away to other schools. It seems there's always some reason or another why they didn't sign with Auburn but the fact remains that they signed elsewhere. I'll believe this year is different when I see it on signing day.

"Right now" being the operative term. Too many recent years we've been in so called "great shape" with any number of top linebacker prospects and by the time signing day gets here they've all slip-slided away to other schools. It seems there's always some reason or another why they didn't sign with Auburn but the fact remains that they signed elsewhere. I'll believe this year is different when I see it on signing day.

If we can put a decent team on the field, I think we will be fine. Big IF.

If we don't sign the names mentioned, it will be because of Gus, not because of Twill and Steele recruiting these guys.

I'm still a little MEH on Steele as AU's D but the guy can recruit and can really recruit LBers. CTW is also turing out to be a good recruiter.

Why shouldn't we go for the best 4 and 5* players. UAT is not the only DI team in the SEC west and from Alabama.

Free read from Rivals. AU still leads after visiting Bama & AU Monday & Tuesday respectively to watch practices

AUBURN, Ala. | Auburn remains the favorite to sign the No. 2 inside linebacker in the 2017 class.

Will Ignont said so after his visit to Auburn on Tuesday.

“They are still on top,” Ignont said. “Auburn is still my leader.”

Ignont, who transferred from Buckhorn to IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., visited Auburn along with IMG four-star tight end Tre McKitty. The teammates watched the Tigers practice and met with the coaches.

“The visit went very, very good,” Ignont said. “I really enjoyed myself. I really enjoyed getting the chance to spend a lot of time with Coach T-Will (Travis Williams) and Coach (Kevin) Steele. I really like both of them.”

Ignont, who is ranked No. 55 in the Rivals100, was familiar with Steele before the former Alabama and LSU defensive coordinator became the current Auburn coordinator. The long-standing relationship between coordinator and recruit is an advantageous one for the Tigers.

“There was a time LSU was in my top five solely because of Coach Steele,” Ignont said. “They were in my top group because I wanted to play for him. He’s a great coach and a great guy, and now he’s at Auburn. It’s just crazy how it all works out.”

Ignont also has developed a good relationship with Williams. Auburn’s first-year linebackers coach was the starting middle linebacker for the Tigers’ 2004 undefeated season and went on to play in the NFL. Williams’ experience shows in his coaching, which Ignont witnessed on Tuesday.

“Coach T-Will is an energetic guy and he’s real hands-on,” Ignont said. “He not only can tell you how to do something, but he can show you. He’s going to get on that field and show you as if he has cleats on himself. He’s going to coach you up and that’s the kind of coach I want to play for and the kind that I think can prepare me for the next level.”

Alabama, Georgia, Notre Dame and UCLA join Auburn in Ignont’s top five. The four-star recruit plans to visit Alabama and Georgia this spring and Notre Dame in the summer. A return trip to Auburn also is in the works.

Free read from Rivals. AU still leads after visiting Bama & AU Monday & Tuesday respectively to watch practices

AUBURN, Ala. | Auburn remains the favorite to sign the No. 2 inside linebacker in the 2017 class.

Will Ignont said so after his visit to Auburn on Tuesday.

“They are still on top,” Ignont said. “Auburn is still my leader.”

Ignont, who transferred from Buckhorn to IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., visited Auburn along with IMG four-star tight end Tre McKitty. The teammates watched the Tigers practice and met with the coaches.

“The visit went very, very good,” Ignont said. “I really enjoyed myself. I really enjoyed getting the chance to spend a lot of time with Coach T-Will (Travis Williams) and Coach (Kevin) Steele. I really like both of them.”

Ignont, who is ranked No. 55 in the Rivals100, was familiar with Steele before the former Alabama and LSU defensive coordinator became the current Auburn coordinator. The long-standing relationship between coordinator and recruit is an advantageous one for the Tigers.

“There was a time LSU was in my top five solely because of Coach Steele,” Ignont said. “They were in my top group because I wanted to play for him. He’s a great coach and a great guy, and now he’s at Auburn. It’s just crazy how it all works out.”

Ignont also has developed a good relationship with Williams. Auburn’s first-year linebackers coach was the starting middle linebacker for the Tigers’ 2004 undefeated season and went on to play in the NFL. Williams’ experience shows in his coaching, which Ignont witnessed on Tuesday.

“Coach T-Will is an energetic guy and he’s real hands-on,” Ignont said. “He not only can tell you how to do something, but he can show you. He’s going to get on that field and show you as if he has cleats on himself. He’s going to coach you up and that’s the kind of coach I want to play for and the kind that I think can prepare me for the next level.”

Alabama, Georgia, Notre Dame and UCLA join Auburn in Ignont’s top five. The four-star recruit plans to visit Alabama and Georgia this spring and Notre Dame in the summer. A return trip to Auburn also is in the works.

Glad to see this. It would be great to have our LB class committed before the new school year starts.

Just watched his interview. Georgia leads, followed by LSU and Notre Dame. Auburn Is Fourth. Alabama isn't in top five.

Watched what interview? He said last week AU leads. Links whenever possible peeps.

Just watched his interview. Georgia leads, followed by LSU and Notre Dame. Auburn Is Fourth. Alabama isn't in top five.

Watched what interview? He said last week AU leads. Links whenever possible peeps.

2 through 5 was LSU, UCLA, AU, ND.

sorry. I am not technologically competent to link. Looks like his favorite is whoever he visits last.

Looks like his favorite is whoever he visits last.

And he's visiting them again today or tomorrow. Not hitting the panic button at all but if we miss on Ignont it will sting. The staff expected him to be committed to AU a long time ago.

And he's visiting them again today or tomorrow. Not hitting the panic button at all but if we miss on Ignont it will sting. The staff expected him to be committed to AU a long time ago.

I always thought it was Benton that we had the best chance for.

If we miss on Ignont I'm going to start pulling fora different team.

Dude, it sucks but this happens in recruiting. It's just the inexplicable sometimes. BTW, 11 months to. NSD.

I always thought it was Benton that we had the best chance for.

Not sure about that. I just know the staff expected WI to be committed months ago. I have never been told that about Benton.

Archived