2017 4* LB Will Ignont (Vols 10/26/16)

McLoofus

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Having a Makers Mark with you in the scoffing lounge while you scoff at trying to sign Davis Webb or Eli Jenkins? *laughing* *ducking*

Now that's good. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to see Will play for the first time this season last night. He had a great game and was very physical. Had 3 or 4 sacks and several more hurries. Looks like an SEC LB'er right now. Still looking like AU from what the local folks are saying.  :Sing:

On 9/24/2016 at 11:13 AM, NoALtiger said:

I went to see Will play for the first time this season last night. He had a great game and was very physical. Had 3 or 4 sacks and several more hurries. Looks like an SEC LB'er right now. Still looking like AU from what the local folks are saying.  :Sing:

Yup, he's ours as of now.

9 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think our improved LB play is probably helping also.

This is this next recruiting tool we can have right now besides winning.

15 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

This is this next recruiting tool we can have right now besides winning.

TRAVIS BLEEPIN WILLIAMS is the biggest reason for our improved LB play. He will be the reason stud LBs like Ignont will be chomping at the bit to play for Auburn to be coached by Twill!!!! My favorite coach on the staff now.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

TRAVIS BLEEPIN WILLIAMS is the biggest reason for our improved LB play. He will be the reason stud LBs like Ignont will be chomping at the bit to play for Auburn to be coached by Twill!!!! My favorite coach on the staff now.

Travis has been a nice addition to the field this year, but don't forget the LB play of Davis as well. Love his energy on the field. Not only is he making plays, he is pumping up the rest of the team. Gotta love his attitude.

8 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Travis has been a nice addition to the field this year, but don't forget the LB play of Davis as well. Love his energy on the field. Not only is he making plays, he is pumping up the rest of the team. Gotta love his attitude.

I was talking about Travis Williams the coach  the whole time not TREY Williams the player haha.

45 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I was talking about Travis Williams the coach  the whole time not TREY Williams the player haha.

Funny. Coach Williams has done a good job this year and the players seem to respond to him. He is recruiting well too.

58 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Funny. Coach Williams has done a good job this year and the players seem to respond to him. He is recruiting well too.

Absolutely! The additions of him and Crime Dawg have been 2 of the best additions in years to our Defensive Staff. If we can start winning some more games the recruiting will get even better. The negative recruiting and the losses is the only thing I can see holding us back when it comes to recruiting so far this season.

Any idea on when he will actually commit?  Commitments seem to go in groups. It seems when we get a commitment all of a sudden we get 2 or 3 more quickly after that.  Any ideas on who our next commitment will be?

12 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Any idea on when he will actually commit?  Commitments seem to go in groups. It seems when we get a commitment all of a sudden we get 2 or 3 more quickly after that.  Any ideas on who our next commitment will be?

Ignont has been saying he is a few weeks away from committing now for over a month.  I expect that when he does commit then the battle will not be over.

17 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

1. Anytime between now and NSD. 2. No

9 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Ignont has been saying he is a few weeks away from committing now for over a month.  I expect that when he does commit then the battle will not be over.

Ignont needs to be very careful if he chooses AU. I would not doubt the staff tells him to be 100% sure once he commits to us because if he starts playing games again and looking around and talking up other programs, then we will drop him for good.

20 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Ignont needs to be very careful if he chooses AU. I would not doubt the staff tells him to be 100% sure once he commits to us because if he starts playing games again and looking around and talking up other programs, then we will drop him for good.

As a fan I would like to believe that, but Ignont has a LOT of talent.  He had something like 6 TFL just last Friday.  If he can get his head out of his a~~ then he has potential to be great.  But as we all know potential can be a double edged sword.

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

IDK if the staff would depending how much they like him. Britt has made multiple silents to AU and UGA this cycle and we still appear to be on him hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Visiting Rocky Top this weekend for the bama game. I am gonna be honest I am a little suprised he has not jumped in the boat yet. Thought 1 of him or Britt would by now.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Visiting Rocky Top this weekend for the bama game. I am gonna be honest I am a little suprised he has not jumped in the boat yet. Thought 1 of him or Britt would by now.

I'm not surprised neither one has committed. Both have waffles back and forth between committing soon and holding off.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm not surprised neither one has committed. Both have waffles back and forth between committing soon and holding off.

this is accurate but its been pretty clear for awhile now at least to me that with the awesome LB play and defense as a whole they were feeling Auburn a lot and then you got the T will factor. I thought 1 of them would jump on board. On one hand I always thought Ignont would always end up at Auburn on the other hand it seems to me he is looking for a excuse to go anywhere but AU. Yes I know those 2 thought process totally contradicts itself! haha

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Not likely Auburn per Keith. He hasn't visited Auburn in a long time.

Based off that in his last visit was to Tennessee my guess is the Vols. Picks are pouring in for Tennessee since his tweet.

Archived