2017 4* LB Will Ignont (Vols 10/26/16)

McLoofus

Looks like his favorite is whoever he visits last.

And he's visiting them again today or tomorrow. Not hitting the panic button at all but if we miss on Ignont it will sting. The staff expected him to be committed to AU a long time ago.

I always thought it was Benton that we had the best chance for.

Not sure about that. I just know the staff expected WI to be committed months ago. I have never been told that about Benton.

well Ignont just tweeted his top ten. Auburn incredibly jumped up two spots in less than a day. (Yellow font needed). Let's get him back on campus and that will change again.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we don't sign him it's a blow, we were out recruited if we don't sign him plain and simple

If we don't sign him it's a blow, we were out recruited if we don't sign him plain and simple

Yup!

He stated UGA now leads and AU #2. Here we go again with the LB position.

https://auburn.n.riv...list-new-leader

“I got to see coach Kirby Smart and the rest of the coaches. Me and Coach Smart have a really good relationship. We have had a good relationship since he was at Alabama. I know he’s a great coach and has a great staff. I think they are going to do really big things at Georgia in the future.”

Auburn, which had long been Ignont’s top school, slid to the No. 2 slot.

Looks like UGA and AU are recruiting the same 5 or 6 LBs. I believe Pups are leaders or co-leaders for the whole bunch right now. But obviously they won't sign all of them. Looks like these kids are messing with us.

Will got an offer from UGA today, along with 16 others from IMG that they offered the same day.

Will got an offer from UGA today, along with 16 others from IMG that they offered the same day.

It would be really depressing to play for IMG then and NOT get an offer from UGA.

That IMG train will be @ A Day FWIW.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting CBs to bama. I thought we had a big leed for this guy?

Who knows. He seems to pick a new leader every few weeks. Definitely a roller coaster recruitment with this guy.

Actually UGA was though to have the lead recently.

E, any insight into this? Saw that Ignont now has 3 CBs to Bama. JC Shurburtt just switched his over from Auburn I believe.

I see that Ignont will be headed back to his old high school. Guess IMG wasn't a good fit.

E, any insight into this? Saw that Ignont now has 3 CBs to Bama. JC Shurburtt just switched his over from Auburn I believe.

Just visited Bama's A Day. It was his 2nd time there in a month. The Bams are confident they lead after A Day. This different but interesting story just came out.

Ignont goes back to Buckhorn

Four-star linebacker Will Ignont, a top Auburn target, has transferred from Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, he told 247Sports on Monday.

Ignont, the No. 5 inside backer and No. 147 overall recruit in the 247Sports Composite, is back at his old school, New Market (Ala.) Buckhorn.

Ignont is a top target of Auburn, along with programs such as Alabama and Georgia. He recently named the Bulldogs his official leader but the Tide also is very much a contender.

According to Ignont, he hopes to visit Auburn again "soon." That's the program he has been to more than any other.

Ignont enrolled at IMG Academy in January. However, because that program is loaded at linebacker, he was expected to play running back there.

We did. The affects of last years season again rearing it's ugly head.

Last season has been there all along. What changed to make it so important right now when a few months ago it didn't matter?

The perceived lack of improvement shown during A-day gives more traction to the negative talking points.

The perceived lack of improvement shown during A-day gives more traction to the negative talking points.

I think most would agree that the perceived lack of improvement was on the offensive side of the ball. It was hard to come away from ADay and not be excited about the future of the defense.

I think most would agree that the perceived lack of improvement was on the offensive side of the ball. It was hard to come away from ADay and not be excited about the future of the defense.

The negative talking points are that Gus won't be at Auburn much longer. For that to be false, the offense must improve.

The negative talking points are that Gus won't be at Auburn much longer. For that to be false, the offense must improve.

^^This^^

Archived