2017 4* LB Will Ignont (Vols 10/26/16)

McLoofus

The perceived lack of improvement shown during A-day gives more traction to the negative talking points.

Yep. Just need Ignont back on campus.

I think most would agree that the perceived lack of improvement was on the offensive side of the ball. It was hard to come away from ADay and not be excited about the future of the defense.

The negative talking points are that Gus won't be at Auburn much longer. For that to be false, the offense must improve.

^^This^^

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The perceived lack of improvement shown during A-day gives more traction to the negative talking points.

I think most would agree that the perceived lack of improvement was on the offensive side of the ball. It was hard to come away from ADay and not be excited about the future of the defense.

The negative talking points are that Gus won't be at Auburn much longer. For that to be false, the offense must improve.

Yep. Reality at the moment is setting in. Hopefully, Gus and his handpicked staff will created a new (improved) reality once the real games start,.

wde

We can NOT miss on this guy! Especially to UAT or Smart

I agree with you. Ignont may be the best of a terrific group of LB's.

We can NOT miss on this guy! Especially to UAT or Smart

Welp it's looks like that is exactly what is happening. Bama is his official leader & he plans to commit soon.

Yes I would hate to lose him but I ain't gonna feel terrible if we get 3 or the 4... TD, WI, CW and KJ.

Man all 4 would just be sweet!

You don't want Markail Benton?

Yes I would hate to lose him but I ain't gonna feel terrible if we get 3 or the 4... TD, WI, CW and KJ.

You don't want Markale Benton?

Soph Markail yes. Junior Markail not so much.

I see what you're saying, but do you not remember the last 3-4 years? The AU staff sets their sights too high on guys they know they have a slim chance to get, and let the 'under the radar' guys get away.

(example) EMB 'should' be at AU right now... but, in typical AU fashion... we made a mess out of his recruitment. We wouldn't accept his commitment because we were too busy wasting time on Ben Davis.

So my point is... We aren't loaded at linebacker, by any means! So who the heck are we to turn down ANY solid linebacker prospect?!?!?

Y'all wait and see... there's gonna be a lot of "anywhere but Auburn" for some of these instate LB studs... it happens all the time.

Britt, Moultry, Benton, Ingot, and the kid from Carver... I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if we got any of those guys... just sayin

I see what you're saying, but do you not remember the last 3-4 years? The AU staff sets their sights too high on guys they know they have a slim chance to get, and let the 'under the radar' guys get away.

(example) EMB 'should' be at AU right now... but, in typical AU fashion... we made a mess out of his recruitment. We wouldn't accept his commitment because we were too busy wasting time on Ben Davis.

So my point is... We aren't loaded at linebacker, by any means! So who the heck are we to turn down ANY solid linebacker prospect?!?!?

Y'all wait and see... there's gonna be a lot of "anywhere but Auburn" for some of these instate LB studs... it happens all the time.

Britt, Moultry, Benton, Ingot, and the kid from Carver... I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if we got any of those guys... just sayin

My apologies Altima. I was not saying we should not take Benton. I was saying I hope he gets back to his Soph year production of 80+ tackles in the season. He has trimmed back down to his Soph weight but if he has another 32 tackle year like last year then yes I would be concerned at that point about his potential.

My apologies Altima. I was not saying we should not take Benton. I was saying I hope he gets back to his Soph year production of 80+ tackles in the season. He has trimmed back down to his Soph weight but if he has another 32 tackle year like last year then yes I would be concerned at that point about his potential.

No knock on Benton, could be just a JR slump, but if this tells you anything......... uat isn't pushing for a commit from Benton. Damn sure did push Ignont. Why AU didn't push Ignont more has me :dunno: .

Why AU didn't push Ignont more has me :dunno: .

This is the first I heard of that. The impression I got was that we had push but he just would not commit for some reason.

Why AU didn't push Ignont more has me :dunno: .

This is the first I heard of that. The impression I got was that we had push but he just would not commit for some reason.

AU pushed but not near enough. IMO.

No knock on Benton, could be just a JR slump, but if this tells you anything......... uat isn't pushing for a commit from Benton. Damn sure did push Ignont. Why AU didn't push Ignont more has me :dunno:/> .

Honestly, I don't think we can push anyone for a commitment. We are not in a position of power in the SEC right now. We've got an offensive minded coach with porous defense. And, since 2013 we've been on the decline. And most importantly, we only have 1 mainstay on the defensive coaching staff.

So unfortunately, until we 'turn it around'... we're not gonna be in that position of power on the recruiting trail.

But to your point... yes, I would've pushed much harder for a commitment from Ignont!

No knock on Benton, could be just a JR slump, but if this tells you anything......... uat isn't pushing for a commit from Benton. Damn sure did push Ignont. Why AU didn't push Ignont more has me :dunno:/> .

Honestly, I don't think we can push anyone for a commitment. We are not in a position of power in the SEC right now. We've got an offensive minded coach with porous defense. And, since 2013 we've been on the decline. And most importantly, we only have 1 mainstay on the defensive coaching staff.

So unfortunately, until we 'turn it around'... we're not gonna be in that position of power on the recruiting trail.

But to your point... yes, I would've pushed much harder for a commitment from Ignont!

Thanks for the insight gentlemen.

Transferring to IMG, will be interesting to see how this effects his recruitment since he has been so high on AU for a long time.

Been higher on Updyke from what I understand. I actually think it could be to our benefit.

Could be wrong, but don't think that's right. Believe he has always had AU as his leader.

I was told by a member of Buckhorn's staff many months ago that in his opinion, it was gonna be UAT. I think some AU folks thought we were closer to getting a commitment than we really were. JMO.

its ugly out there....negative recruiting

Crap like this happens when the product on the field sucks like our LB play since Tuberville.

wde

its ugly out there....negative recruiting

Crap like this happens when the product on the field sucks like our LB play since Tuberville.

wde

No kidding, especially when we need kids like this!

"Slip-sliding away

Slip-sliding a waaaay

The nearer your destination

The more you're slip-sliding away..."~~~Paul Simon

Archived