Kentucky county clerk jailed on contempt charges until she agrees to issue same-sex marriage licenses

AUDub

It's September 9, 2015, and the issue of whether or not two consenting adults can marry one another still needs to be addressed; here in the bastion of freedom.

Yeah...amazingly, some folks still think words mean something - that "marriage" actually has a real definition, rooted in millennia of human experience, that goes beyond merely "consenting adults" or better yet "whatever we have decided to call it this week."

Does the concept of divorce compromise the sanctity of marriage? Or, is divorce rooted in millenia of human experience?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's September 9, 2015, and the issue of whether or not two consenting adults can marry one another still needs to be addressed; here in the bastion of freedom.

Yeah...amazingly, some folks still think words mean something - that "marriage" actually has a real definition, rooted in millennia of human experience, that goes beyond merely "consenting adults" or better yet "whatever we have decided to call it this week."

Does the ability of two homosexuals to marry change what it means to you?

BRB got to go tell my wife that traditional marriage has been destroyed by the homogays.

Aye. How's your marriage doing a few months later?

Surprisingly well considering the constant assault it's been under by the homogay menace.

It's only a matter of time though. Any day now, our marriage will be forever changed because the gays wanted their "fair" (actually making air quotes with my fingers here) share.

BRB got to go tell my wife that traditional marriage has been destroyed by the homogays.

Surprisingly well considering the constant assault it's been under by the homogay menace.

It's only a matter of time though. Any day now, our marriage will be forever changed because the gays wanted their "fair" (actually making air quotes with my fingers here) share.

Pics or ban.

Pics or ban.

qs6ev2pm8g9dS.gif

Pics or ban.

qs6ev2pm8g9dS.gif

You can't really appeal to the gay marriage enthusiasts with such an appearance. Put on some decent clothes at least.

You can't really appeal to the gay marriage enthusiasts with such an appearance. Put on some decent clothes at least.

I'm hoping my repulsive appearance will scare them off.

Your marriage MUST be destroyed. They will not be deterred by such simpleton tactics.

Your marriage MUST be destroyed. They will not be deterred by such simpleton tactics.

I'm buying time the best I can!

01216C78-4416-4BCD-8175-CA42B39C2C02_zpspoepqppv.png

I'm buying time the best I can!

01216C78-4416-4BCD-8175-CA42B39C2C02_zpspoepqppv.png

Now you're getting the picture. The Gayroller will only be satisfied once every heterosexual is replaced with a homosexual counterpart.

Does the concept of divorce compromise the sanctity of marriage? Or, is divorce rooted in millenia of human experience?

It does. I'm no fan of quickie weddings and no fault divorces either.

Hogwash.......marriage has been redefined....biblical marriage was often represented among many female partners with one man....even purchased at times...

It was not that way from the beginning. Nor was any arrangement other than one man and one woman in the Bible ever presented as something to pursue, or aspire to. Every place it isn mentioned in the Bible, the negatives and complications it causes are shown.

Words aren't defined as "what they mean to each individual."

Yet homosexuals do not appear to apply the same definition to marriage as you do, and the court appears to agree with them. When the legal definition changes, does that affect what it means to you?

Yet homosexuals do not appear to apply the same definition to marriage as you do, and the court appears to agree with them. When the legal definition changes, does that affect what it means to you?

The definition didn't change. A legal fiction was created.

Those plural marriages were still there in text. Discouraged or not, they existed. Still not a marriage defined as modern Christians would define it.......REDEFINED.

Again, bottom line. We aren't a theocracy...you are entitled to your belief and others are free from it.

Those plural marriages were still there in text. Discouraged or not, they existed. Still not a marriage defined as modern Christians would define it.......REDEFINED.

Not a marriage as marriage was originally defined.....NOT REDEFINED, simply not followed.

Again, bottom line. We aren't a theocracy...you are entitled to your belief and others are free from it.

Ah yes, the "you can't impose morality on others" canard. One of my faves.

Your argument is that the Supreme Court of the United States created a legal fiction?

Your argument is that the Supreme Court of the United States created a legal fiction?

Yes.

Yes.

So you've lost faith in an integral part of our system of checks and balances?

Canard? Horse muffins, exactly what you are trying to do...Some people do not see the denial of a life of love as a moral thing...Maybe you do, I don't and never will. If that is morality to you, keep it. Wouldn't be interested in any.

She was imprisoned for disobeying a direct and personalized court order. Same thing would have happened to ANYONE who did the same thing.

She was given ample opportunity to allow other clerks in her office issue them. She told them no. Her last day in court, she was given TWO chances to stay out of custody and do the same thing...

One person put her there. HER.

She is entitled to any belief she would like...She is NOT entitled to withhold a LEGAL government service that ALL taxpayers pay her for.

INCLUDING heterosexual couples....which for some inane reason, you seem to think is a sort of qualifier of some kind....HEY, she discriminated against EVERYONE!!!

This is complete bull**** and you know it. Illegal alien felons walk the streets thanks to the Obama justice department and the democrat party in every sanctuary city in the nation....so no, they don't do this to everyone who violates the law....they chose to do this to her to prove a point...you can kill the citizenry and get away with it..but thou shall not dis the divider in chiefs latest pet project.

Canard? Horse muffins, exactly what you are trying to do...Some people do not see the denial of a life of love as a moral thing...Maybe you do, I don't and never will. If that is morality to you, keep it. Wouldn't be interested in any.

Almost every law on the books imposes the morality of some on everyone else. It is a complete worthless canard to try and act as if having laws that restrict what marriage is or isn't is some imposition of morality while virtually everything else on the books isn't.

And no one is denying anyone of love.

Long ago. I've lost faith in our ability to reason.

Based on?

Based on?

Other than this?

Roe v. Wade and Citizens United are two of the most egregious. I really don't see the trend heading in a good direction overall.

Archived