Kentucky county clerk jailed on contempt charges until she agrees to issue same-sex marriage licenses

AUDub

@ Ichy - That's not answering the question .

And I wasn't talking to you anyway.

Obviously, there was no attempt to answer your ridiculous question.

Isn't the forum great! You don't have to address me individually.

Do you have a problem with interracial marriage?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's September 9, 2015, and the issue of whether or not two consenting adults can marry one another still needs to be addressed; here in the bastion of freedom.

What if it's 3 ? 5 adults? Same discussion?

It is a separate issue, so I would say separate discussion.

Why is it separate? Some might say that interracial marriage is a separate issue from same-sex marriage. So what's the difference?

Interracial and same sex marriage are legal. Polygamy is not.

I would think someone who constantly claims to have a superior intellect would have instantly recognized the difference. :-\/>

Same sex has been illegal for ever, until recently. Why do you insist on playing the part of the troll or the village idiot on this board? What's it do for you ? How do you get pleasure out of being so dense ?

It's September 9, 2015, and the issue of whether or not two consenting adults can marry one another still needs to be addressed; here in the bastion of freedom.

Why is it separate? Some might say that interracial marriage is a separate issue from same-sex marriage. So what's the difference?

You have a problem with interracial marriage?

Doesn't it fit?

What fits ? I didn't say anything. I ASKED a question. ICHY introduced a red herring & ignored the question. You followed that up with a false premise, to further distract from the point.

You introduced interracial marriage as an "issue". It is an issue? For whom? You?

I think you should answer the question.

Have you stopped sexually molesting the neighborhood pets ?

I would think someone who constantly claims to have a superior intellect would have instantly recognized the difference. :-\/>

Same sex has been illegal for ever, until recently. Why do you insist on playing the part of the troll or the village idiot on this board? What's it do for you ? How do you get pleasure out of being so dense ?

That is only in your head. Here in reality, the "village idiot", the forum fool, is known as AURaptor.

Now, go ahead, get really mad and attempt to hurt my feelings by calling me names. Come on, you can do it. Show us that amazing, remarkable intellectual ability. Show us how a real man handles himself on an internet forum. Show us how a real conservative responds.

LOL!

Conservative intellectual superiority? LOL!

Watching you make an ass of yourself is great sport. Keep it up! You can do much better. Get mad Raptor! Get really mad! You gotta get mean! Come on, turn on that "brain power". LOL!

You have a problem with interracial marriage?

Doesn't it fit?

What fits ? I didn't say anything. I ASKED a question. ICHY introduced a red herring & ignored the question. You followed that up with a false premise, to further distract from the point.

Having a problem with interracial marriage fits with your history of comments regarding race.

But I wasn't talking to you anyway.

That's right. Homosexuality has been illegal in the past. But now it's legal. Homosexual marriage is also legal now.

You didn't know that and you are calling me dense? :rolleyes:

And that's no way to talk to someone who just solved a mystery for you. <_<

You are much better at flinging poo than you are at asking relevant questions.

You are much better at flinging poo than you are at asking relevant questions.

I am sure that is not it.

We just do not understand his superior intellect and, command of basic knowledge. LOL!

What happened to you, Frank? Did you run out of insults? I was hoping for another display of your massive brain power.

Did you run away? Is it time for Rush?

Raptor? "Run out of insults?" HAH!

Now that was a dumb question. :laugh:

Having a problem with interracial marriage fits with your history of comments regarding race.

Clearly you were talking about me, if not to me, or else you'd not have replied as you did.

But I have no history that fits your false narrative.

Clearly you were talking about me, if not to me, or else you'd not have replied as you did.

Yeah, right. I just made it up from nothing. :whistle:

Yeah, right. I just made it up from nothing. :whistle:/>

Thanks for your honesty.

She was imprisoned for disobeying a direct and personalized court order. Same thing would have happened to ANYONE who did the same thing.

She was given ample opportunity to allow other clerks in her office issue them. She told them no. Her last day in court, she was given TWO chances to stay out of custody and do the same thing...

One person put her there. HER.

She is entitled to any belief she would like...She is NOT entitled to withhold a LEGAL government service that ALL taxpayers pay her for.

INCLUDING heterosexual couples....which for some inane reason, you seem to think is a sort of qualifier of some kind....HEY, she discriminated against EVERYONE!!!

This is complete bull**** and you know it. Illegal alien felons walk the streets thanks to the Obama justice department and the democrat party in every sanctuary city in the nation....so no, they don't do this to everyone who violates the law....they chose to do this to her to prove a point...you can kill the citizenry and get away with it..but thou shall not dis the divider in chiefs latest pet project.

Glad you disagree, makes me even more resolute of opinion.....Sorry you can't identify differing subjects.... have that issue often?

So a SCOTUS with a majority R lean, who did Citizens United and Hobby Lobby was rigged for Obama's, "pet project"?

LMAO....speaking of bull****, you have your own shovel. I don't really bother reading a lot of tea billy opinion.....Waste of time.

Uh, maybe you should read my comments again. I made no judgement on the SCOTUS ruling. Before you dismiss an argument; how about actually understanding the argument. I was referring to the treatment of the KY Clerk under the law.

There were 50 different ways to handle this vs throwing her in jail. We make accommodations for just about everything (race, religion, disability, health, etc.)..yes, religion....I see no reason why the judge didn't order the same treatment for a religious exemption like has been made in certain cases even under Obama-care, long standing traditions on conscientious objection, etc....instead, he chose to send her to jail for an opinion that his own party had taken only few months ago...now it must be "heil to the rainbow flag!" or go to jail? Really?. What I am looking for is a return to enforcement of laws on a consistent basis; and a rational basis..you remember "equal protection under the law" right?....and not a picking and choosing of which laws to rigorously enforce based on a political decision for a favored constituency....

Kentucky clerk WAS given a DIRECT and personalized court order....

She WAS given two additional chances to allow for ,"equal protection under the law", the day she was taken into custody of a FED marshall.......and it would have allowed for accommodations that would have protected her claim of personal religious exemption and allowed for legal licenses to be issued...

EXACTLY what you claim you want and she turned it down. She has one person to blame and it is herself. Well and her self serving so-called legal team.

Again, just don't pay attention to the incessant whining of tea tards..

Like one of your first post in this thread. You complain about vitriol and if it wasn't for vitriol, you'd never post. Good day.

What I don't understand is why the left would reserve their righteous indignation for this woman.... when it is absent for real criminals like 1) hundreds of thousands of known illegal alien felons...2) illegal aliens in general; illegal being the operative word 3) rioters that kill and burn hundreds of millions of $$ of private property sparked by a complete lie...(how about "hands up, don't lie") 4) people that call for the murder of civil servants in blue and the countless other "real crimes" committed by their constituencies. Instead; you guys get all worked up over one lowly clerk in KY when real criminals walk the street with your support and backing....keeping her from obstructing licence issue was easily possible without jailing her.

What I don't understand is why the left would reserve their righteous indignation for this woman.... when it is absent for real criminals like 1) hundreds of thousands of known illegal alien felons...2) illegal aliens in general; illegal being the operative word 3) rioters that kill and burn hundreds of millions of $$ of private property sparked by a complete lie...(how about "hands up, don't lie") 4) people that call for the murder of civil servants in blue and the countless other "real crimes" committed by their constituencies. Instead; you guys get all worked up over one lowly clerk in KY when real criminals walk the street with your support and backing....keeping her from obstructing licence issue was easily possible without jailing her.

That's probably because you apparently believe that "righteous indignation" exists in a finite amount of one unit. :-\

Archived