2016 5* DE Marlon Davidson (AU commit 9/4/15)

Browning4AU

Great film on Marlon. Thanks for posting E. He looks very powerful against the run. Since he went to Carver, maybe JJ is helping us.

He is but so is SDH from Bama.

Ah, forgot about SDH.

Don't think he played with SDH so not to worried about him. Pretty sure SDH was gone before Marlon got to Carver. More worried about L. Wilson since he from what I understand is Bama's to lose. Another big time player here.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its early, of course, but AU has 100% of the CBs for Davidson at this point (including Niebuhr and Hoke). Gotta like that.

It's early but we'll take it

• 4 weeks later...

Reminds me of the Shea Patterson thing

Except Shea Patterson's brother never played for the school he has been hired at and that is recruiting his brother.

Carver's 5-star Marlon Davidson transfers back to Greenville

G.W. Carver's Marlon Davidson, the nation's No. 2 player in the 2016 class, has transferred to Greenville following his mother's death two weeks ago.

His mother, Cynthia Carter, passed away Feb. 23 after suffering a head injury.

Davidson transferred from Greenville to the Wolverines last July. He transferred back to Greenville on Tuesday to live with his aunt.

"It was a family choice. He was telling me that he didn't want to go, that he wanted to at least finish out the school year," teammate and fellow 5-star Lyndell "Mack" Wilson said. "He really didn't want to leave at all, but he really had to because his family wanted him back at home."

"It could be one of those situations where they felt he needed to come back and get the family in order, as far as with his mom passing," Carver basketball coach James "JJ" Jackson said. "I don't know the particulars, but he is enrolled at Greenville. I can confirm that. Any reasons, I don't know."

"It hurts me a lot, because not only did we lose someone from the school, we lost someone off our defense for this upcoming football season. Without having him, it's going to be hard to fill Marlon's place," Wilson said. "I just told him, 'You're the face of your family, so might as well go back home and keep making them proud.' And if it's God's will, he'll get to come back to Carver."

http://www.montgomer...ville/70169680/

• 2 weeks later...

There is plenty of good news. We are in the Top 3 for almost all of our Major Targets. We lead for some of them. I realize that unless a kid says "War Damn Eagle, and screw those other guys!", that some will be disappointed, but come on.

Marlon will not wind up at bama.

There is plenty of good news. We are in the Top 3 for almost all of our Major Targets. We lead for some of them. I realize that unless a kid says "War Damn Eagle, and screw those other guys!", that some will be disappointed, but come on.

Broussard was sporting AU gear. Dixie, I understand the concern though, as it looks as though we

are experiencing some downward trending on several elite recruits. This can change as we all hope it does.

Broussard was sporting AU gear. Dixie, I understand the concern though, as it looks as though we

are experiencing some downward trending on several elite recruits. This can change as we all hope it does.

With the staff Gus has put together, I expect we'll end up with a great class. It's waaaaaay to early for anyone to worry about what these kids are wearing, IMO.

I think we are sitting much better than the current momentum with recruits shows. Including Davidson.

This is what I am getting at. We are getting many more "updates" on these kids than we ever did in years past. It is going to drive folks crazy if they try to gauge a player's interest based solely on post visit/camp interviews. Yes, what a kid says matters, but where are they when they say it, and who are they saying it to? This applies to our writers as well.

The best way to gauge a kids interest is still to "Follow the visits" over their recruitment. Where are they going the most, and when? That will tell the tale.

I think we are sitting much better than the current momentum with recruits shows. Including Davidson.

This is what I am getting at. We are getting many more "updates" on these kids than we ever did in years past. It is going to drive folks crazy if they try to gauge a player's interest based solely on post visit/camp interviews. Yes, what a kid says matters, but where are they when they say it, and who are they saying it to? This applies to our writers as well.

The best way to gauge a kids interest is still to "Follow the visits" over their recruitment. Where are they going the most, and when? That will tell the tale.

I couldn't have said that any better.

Who are we currently trending down with now?

No one really.

EJ Price? We were co-leaders and now we're not even in his top 5.

Like I said he has a different top 50 just about every week. Watch the next time he visits AU. Bet we are back towards the top.

Is AU now leaning more toward Hamm and is this one of the reasons Price has dropped us like a bad habit?

AU had always wanted both. I expect Price to have AU in is top 3 after his next visit to AU. The kid changes his top 5 once a week.

These kids are getting attention now like never before. Some kids stay the course and some get caught up in the "now". He is one of the kids in the "now". This will change when all of this starts getting "old" to him and his list will be more consistent.

Is AU now leaning more toward Hamm and is this one of the reasons Price has dropped us like a bad habit?

1 Tackle target will not make a difference right now. He has dropped us because we dropped him.

This is Marlon's thread. Let's return the conversation to him. I surely hope we lead for him.

Archived