2016 5* DE Marlon Davidson (AU commit 9/4/15)

Browning4AU

This guy could make our class.

He's not a slam dunk to us yet.

He's a layup.

I hope so but there are reports he is listening to the Boom 1 and done mess Bama is spewing.

I think he will listen to his brother a little more. And for the record I think Boom will be at AU for 3 to 4 years. No one and done. IMO.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy could make our class.

He's not a slam dunk to us yet.

He's a layup.

I hope so but there are reports he is listening to the Boom 1 and done mess Bama is spewing.

I think he will listen to his brother a little more. And for the record I think Boom will be at AU for 3 to 4 years. No one and done. IMO.

Agreed. Just posting what they're saying.

We used to use the same tactic about Saban. The only thing that puts an end to the tactic is seeing the guy come back the next year and the year after. Eventually, it loses any effect.

We used to use the same tactic about Saban. The only thing that puts an end to the tactic is seeing the guy come back the next year and the year after. Eventually, it loses any effect.

That's our fans talking. Not sure our staff is used that tactic like Bama's staff is. Not that there is anything wrong with it. Just clarifying.

Possibly. You'll have a hard time convincing me that both Tommy and Gene's staffs stayed away from implying that a nomad would continue to wander. They guy hadn't held down a job for more than 5 years in over 20 years in the profession. I'd be shocked if we never mentioned that fact.

Possibly. You'll have a hard time convincing me that both Tommy and Gene's staffs stayed away from implying that a nomad would continue to wander. They guy hadn't held down a job for more than 5 years in over 20 years in the profession. I'd be shocked if we never mentioned that fact.

I'm not saying or implying we didn't. Just saying it was not reported like now with Bama coaches. In fairness to Nick on the nomad issue, all moves were better jobs except Miami to Bama. 99% of coaches would have made the same moves he did if they were in his shoes except Miami to Bama. And some would have done that. There aren't many college jobs better than Bama. He ain't hopping for another college job.

I think there are a lot of coaches that would've said no to the Dolphins and stayed in Cajun Country, but he made all the money. Ever. So I'd say it worked out for him.

When the dust settles, the 2016 class will turn out to be another very good haul.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Q&A with Marlon from AUC here (free read).

Apparently, he's really into scifi; and he likes to talk. I expect Rednilla and Dom1ni0n to reel him in for the good guys with talk of Star Wars and Doctor Who.

Apparently, he's really into scifi; and he likes to talk. I expect Rednilla and Dom1ni0n to reel him in for the good guys with talk of Star Wars and Doctor Who.

Then let's get him in for a visit, put some chairs on about the 20 yard line and play Star Wars on Aubietron for him.......recruitment over.

Then let's get him in for a visit, put some chairs on about the 20 yard line and play Star Wars on Aubietron for him.......recruitment over.

That's actually a great idea for a summer revenue generator, or just something cool for the students. It would be pretty awesome to watch a good movie in JH, on that screen, on a nice night with 5-10k of your closest friends.

Or, yeah, it would be a hell of a recruiting move to do it just for recruits. Or do both and give the recruits premium seating.

You getting all this, Marlon? I don't have the coaches' ears, but you do. Make it happen, my good man.

This!

That's actually a great idea for a summer revenue generator, or just something cool for the students. It would be pretty awesome to watch a good movie in JH, on that screen, on a nice night with 5-10k of your closest friends.

Or, yeah, it would be a hell of a recruiting move to do it just for recruits. Or do both and give the recruits premium seating.

You getting all this, Marlon? I don't have the coaches' ears, but you do. Make it happen, my good man.

Have Gus to dress like OB1-Kanobe, and CWM as Luke Skywalker. Pick one of the beautiful girls on campus to dress like Princess Leah. As part of Updyke's punishment, have him to dress like Darth Vader. CWM could engage Updyke and slay him with an orange and blue light saber.

Have Gus to dress like OB1-Kanobe, and CWM as Luke Skywalker. Pick one of the beautiful girls on campus to dress like Princess Leah. As part of Updyke's punishment, have him to dress like Darth Vader. CWM could engage Updyke and slay him with an orange and blue light saber.

I would pay to see that, awesome idea!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Commit watch!

In February 2016

Dang! I guess your bored today. Let's hope things are still tracking well for Mr Davidson. He will be a good one.

Commit watch!

In February 2016

Dang! I guess your bored today. Let's hope things are still tracking well for Mr Davidson. He will be a good one.

I'd say 80% at this point. We still lead but Bama really is making a legit push for him.

Commit watch!

In February 2016

I'd say 80% at this point. We still lead but Bama really is making a legit push for him.

Clayton...I just threw up in my mouth a little with that Bama stuff...

Commit watch!

In February 2016

I;m not sure they've EVER made a legit push for someone.

Archived