2017 3* S J'marick Woods (Michigan commit 3/28/16)

cole256

Don't know our interest but he's an incredible athlete that can play safety or linebacker. He just received an offer from Michigan and Harbaugh has been all over him and you have to figure he knows a thing or two about evaluating talent. He's 6'4" and a great basketball player as well. He plays for Florence in Alabama. His dad is an Auburn fan. His uncle played basketball for Tennessee and Florida A&M and won the three point shoot out contest as well. His name is Terrence Woods. I hope we go after him.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if he has or plans to camp at Auburn?

Camp season ended a month and a half ago. Plans for the next year's camps usually are not discussed til January or February.

His dad wrote me today on Facebook and told me about the Michigan offer. I'm going to ask him how Michigan jumped all over him so fast.

His dad wrote me today on Facebook and told me about the Michigan offer. I'm going to ask him how Michigan jumped all over him so fast.

Thanks, Cole. It is odd that they'd be able to find him, unless he camped with them (or maybe one of their satellite camps?).

I know he was all over the country this summer playing with his summer AAU team, maybe that was it. I've heard quite a few stories of football coaches actually going to basketball camps checking out athletes. This guy has been dunking since he was a freshman, he'll probably have some basketball offers too but I think his greatest upside is football. I'm no professional but I said benequez from Florence would be good and he's regarded as the best linebacker for miss st now and kivon coman was not ranked high and he's starting at safety now for miss st as well. Woods is more athletic than Coman. And lastly woods is a great kid with a great family and support system.

High probability Michigan was all over him because they have been scouting Alabama hard as evidenced by the satellite camp Harbaugh did at Prattville early in the Summer.

He wrote me back and said Harbaugh came to a practice to look at a linebacker named Eroll Thompson (miss st commit) and saw J'marick and jumped on him. Invited him to come take a visit there during the summer they did and Harbaugh spent alot of time with their entire family and just been all over him since. He also said recruiting has really picked up and he's been getting letters from everybody. He said Auburn sends alot of stuff. Said when me becomes a senior they'll narrow it down to five schools and it'll be J'marick's decision to make.

He wrote me back and said Harbaugh came to a practice to look at a linebacker named Eroll Thompson (miss st commit) and saw J'marick and jumped on him. Invited him to come take a visit there during the summer they did and Harbaugh spent alot of time with their entire family and just been all over him since. He also said recruiting has really picked up and he's been getting letters from everybody. He said Auburn sends alot of stuff. Said when me becomes a senior they'll narrow it down to five schools and it'll be J'marick's decision to make.

Cole, I hear Florence has an indoor practice facility now. Is that true?

I don't know golf. I have pics on what he posted on Facebook but I'd inbox you but I don't know how to send them.

Actually I thinking so because in May he posted he received his first two offers and they were Michigan and Kentucky. Now he's posting this stuff as if it's different

Idk I live in Augusta now but I texted someone and asked and I'll tell you when they respond

He said yes but they really only use it for lifting.

Idk I live in Augusta now but I texted someone and asked and I'll tell you when they respond

He said yes but they really only use it for lifting.

Ahh gotcha. That really don't count then.

Well I know Coach Khaki Pants wants to get a player from Al. in the worst way to prove his camps are working. Especially after Gus stated he would never get one if Bammer or Auburn wanted him.

I am not saying he offered J'marick for that reason only but I know for a fact he wants a player from the south. I'll try and find out if Auburn is interested J'marick at this time.

Yeah I said that in one of the previous posts so I was thinking this may be a commitable offer today. I wish I knew how to post pics. This link has a nice video of him that you can see his athleticism I'm talking about, and he likes to hit and usually has great form while doing so

Here are some highlights and write up

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2586431/jmarick-woods

FLORENCE, Al. – Sophomore safety J’Marick Woods started yesterday off as a relatively under the radar prospect and ended the day with two big-time division one scholarship offers to his name. Michigan extended an offer to the 6’3”, 187-pound defensive back first before Kentucky offered literally minutes later.

Currently, Woods has set his sights on improving from a physical standpoint before the start of his junior year as perhaps more offers are on the way.

“Its been going well. I’ve been working hard with my team and everything,” Woods said of his offseason. “We’ve been grinding and doing everything we can to get better. I’m working on getting my weight up and my footwork and speed up so I can make solid tackles and solid decisions when I’m on the field.”

Woods, who says his goal this year is to compete for a state championship, uses his length to shut down passing lanes deep in the secondary. He has learned how to play safety from careful examination of a current great at the position.

“I’m a long, rangy safety that can cover well,” Woods said. “I will come up and make the hit when I have to and make a solid tackle. I watched a lot of film on Eric Reid when he was at LSU, and now that he’s on the 49ers I watch a lot of film on him. I try to be the best.”

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived