Just how bad is Texas football?

gr82b4au

Really, really, really bad.

They had 163 total yards against ND. Only 60 rushing yards on 29 attempts. 103 passing yards - the QB went 8-23.

ND had 527 yards.

Also the fans are starting to give up. this from ESPN this morning:

Max OlsonESPN Staff Writer

Texas defensive coordinator Vance Bedford was informed Wednesday that 15,000 tickets are still available for Longhorns' home opener Saturday against Rice. He offered up this pitch to Texas fans about packing DKR: "If you're a fan of the University of Texas, you're gonna have your asses in those seats. Those players work extremely hard and they want your support. They need your support. That's what it's all about."

Texas is a royal mess, and they have no one to blame but themselves. The arrogance and sense of entitlement from top to bottom, from the fans to the administrators to the boosters is off the charts.

Many of their fans are so consumed with every move aTm makes, and what we are doing in the SEC that they fail to see what their program has become.

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of folks IMO.

Texas is a royal mess, and they have no one to blame but themselves. The arrogance and sense of entitlement from top to bottom, from the fans to the administrators to the boosters is off the charts.

Many of their fans are so consumed with every move aTm makes, and what we are doing in the SEC that they fail to see what their program has become.

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of folks IMO.

We agree on this one for sure. Been to Austin when we played them and was treated like crap. My best friend who played football at Auburn married a UT girl and I still can't stand to be around her.

As for their situation it is a total mess. Strong is just trying to hang on now as well as Steve Patterson their AD.

Just think of these numbers......A total of 152 yards rushing in their last three games . You average 50 yards rushing a game your not going to score any points.

The arrogance and sense of entitlement from top to bottom, from the fans to the administrators to the boosters is off the charts.

As a Horns fan myself, I couldn't agree more. :,(

Additionally, Mack had way too much political power. As a result, they refused to fire him, and he waited until all the desirable candidates (Saban) had signed contract extensions to step down.

Not just football....most of their athletic programs are at the lowest levels in many years.....which a I guess goes back to the AD who has managed the hire or keep bad coaches and alienate most of the other schools in that part of the country. Gonna be a while to get that sorted out IMO.

Also they don't have such an ironfisted control over talent in Texas anymore. Now with the emergence of TCU and Baylor as legitimate top ten programs that takes a number of good players away. Also with A&M being in the SEC, they get better players than they used to and other SEC west teams also can tell a player they'll get to play in front of the home folks at least twice in their career.

Texas is a dumpster fire right now. Strong was a terrible hire for them- not a bad coach but wrong man at wrong time. With A&M on the rise, non traditional teams (Baylor, TCU) being successful consistently, etc. it is going to take awhile to sort out the mess in Austin. Good for them.

The arrogance and sense of entitlement from top to bottom, from the fans to the administrators to the boosters is off the charts.

As a Horns fan myself, I couldn't agree more. :,(

Additionally, Mack had way too much political power. As a result, they refused to fire him, and he waited until all the desirable candidates (Saban) had signed contract extensions to step down.

LOL @ Tommy Wiseau in your sig

I've been lurking the crap out of ShaggyBevo. Place is a riot right now.

Chad Morris to replace Charlie Strong at Texas?

He just took the SMU job not that long ago.....can't see him jumping ship already...and realize that the problems at Texas are much bigger than just the HC job.

Saban to UT rumors to start in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ...

I'd be very surprised to see that happen now. They had their chance.

Agreed. It's not impossible, but it's definitely not likely. I would absolutely LOVE IT if it did though!

He just took the SMU job not that long ago.....can't see him jumping ship already...and realize that the problems at Texas are much bigger than just the HC job.

Gus Malzahn was ONE and DONE at ASU.

Anything is possible but Gus was a unique situation having already been the OC. I doubt he would have taken another job after only one year.

The win/loss record at Texas is hard to comprehend. Even if the entire athletic dept. is a dumpster fire, they have recruited enough top football talent to win most of their games. I do love seeing this but the "why" is very hard to understand.

The win/loss record at Texas is hard to comprehend. Even if the entire athletic dept. is a dumpster fire, they have recruited enough top football talent to win most of their games. I do love seeing this but the "why" is very hard to understand.

Often that's true with any "dumpster fire" program....the basics are usually there but somehow the people in charge manage to screw things up so badly that it's almost impossible to put them back together again in any reasonable amount of time. Like most problems in business....it's all about the people in charge.

Anything is possible but Gus was a unique situation having already been the OC. I doubt he would have taken another job after only one year.

hell yeh he would have. Probably 20-30 other jobs he would have taken. We got lucky.

Charlie strong really needs a QB. No question Charlie is a good coach; he got Louisville back on their feet after the Kragthorpe years - no easy task. But he did fail this off season in bringing in a quality QB. Tyrone Swoopes is clearly not the answer at this level and that was evident last year.

All these problems will just open the bank doors even wider for the next coach. It will make it almost impossible for any coach to turn down, whether it be saban, Malzahn or any other top name coach. A lot of schools should worry if strong is fired.

Archived