Chicago's Schmid Scholars arrive at AU

auburnphan

While it is not football related, their trip to Auburn is about the game experience. Please contribute what you find out there on the web for all to enjoy how great it is to be a part of this wonderful Family!!! WDE

http://www.auburntig.../091015aaa.html

Red, just noticed all the picks you put up sorry for the extra thread

It's not only about the game experience. Auburn is doing an incredible job of also showcasing the academics side of things to emphasize the importance of education. I'm very impressed with the way our athletics department is handling this.

People have been posting several pictures in the preface sights and sounds thread. If you have Periscope, they have also done a couple streams of the kids. It's very cool to watch. I'm hoping Auburn releases a video recap of their time on the Plains soon!

Our beloved University has never shined brighter than it has in caring for these little children. May God richly bless each young man and young lady who was welcomed into the Auburn Family with open arms. It is truly great to be an Auburn Tiger!

Holy Cow! That was amazing!

How did these kids come to pick Auburn I wonder?

They sure put a lot of work into it. I am glad they are getting a pay back for there efforts.

I believe either their teacher or their teacher's husband graduated from Auburn.

They sure put a lot of work into it. I am glad they are getting a pay back for there efforts.

I believe either their teacher or their teacher's husband graduated from Auburn.

Correct. His grandfather and great grandfather graduated from Auburn. The school's principle also has lived in Alabama and has family in Alabama...can't remember if she was raised in AL or not but the principal was on a radio show this morning stating she's been on campus before and an actual Auburn fan even before all of this occurred.

Yeah, I'd believe that too! ;)

It is really something special, I hope that Red has the time to put all the pictures into this thread and many more can contribute so that we can inform Schmid Elementary that they can go to this link and see their experience plus our response to it

I wonder if Auburn will get them down on the field either before the game or during halftime. That would be really cool for them and for the fans!! Wish I could be there in the stands to cheer for them if it happens!!

They need to be one of the first images on the Aubietron.

By the way, are they officially calling it 'the big, really big, video board'? Because Aubietron is better.

Those kids are having a blast, I'm sure. Wait til they see the game! (I'm sure meeting the professors was also cool.)

They've had camera and videographers following them since they arrived. But certainly can't have too many pictures of this experience.

They're suppose to be leading Tiger Walk and will be on the field tomorrow. Also, they will be shown on the the Aubietron so i'm sure they'll get a huge standing ovation from the AUFamily

Comments from a Schmid Parent.

The Auburn community is one the the most amazing groups of people I have ever met. I'm not sure words even exist to express the gratitude I feel for the life-changing moments you've created, over and over, for our scholars... and us adults. Your hearts are as big as your jumbotron! - Ceece Curtin

Archived