***Auburn vs. Jacksonville State - Game Thread***

RunInRed

Some news and notes before kickoff (11:00AM CT - SEC Network) ...

11849823_433528296850171_1057255598_n.jpg

via Christie Stipe/The Auburn Plainsman

Capture.jpg

via @ScottFillmer

COtoWAnVEAARVe8.jpg

via @AUMcKinney

COtmlt0WgAApCj5.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

S Tray Matthews will not play today.

@JayGTate

COtjzR-WwAAxj66.jpg

via @WesleySinor

S Tray Matthews has a uniform on, but no pads or helmet, he is out, last week suffered shoulder injury

DL Carl Lawson is not dressed, appears out, on sidelines with crutches from hip injury suffered in week one

@wareagleextra

COtkd_DW8AAt0c6.jpg

via @LaurenSisler

COtkXRcW8AQ4Gwv.jpg

via @JayGTate

COtpaM8UsAEnWfa.jpg

via @GregO_ESPN

Jovon Robinson and Roc Thomas, however, *are* warming up. So it appears Auburn will have its full stable of running backs.

Raashed Kennion starting at Buck with Carl Lawson out. Nick Ruffin starting in place of Tray Matthews.

@AUBlog

Auburn's starting ILBs are Cassanova McKinzy and Kris Frost ... joins Justin Garrett as starting LBs

@BMattAU

Auburn's starting defensive front: DaVonte Lambert, Dontavius Russell, Montravius Adams, Rasshed Kennion

@AUGoldMine

COtrXLgWoAAE8cZ.jpg

COtw1zSWEAA8kJW.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope everyone's back full strength for LSWho. No more injuries today, guys.

FYI, we're channel 1738 on Comcast - I'm new to XFinity so I had to search... just thought I'd share.

Let the meltdowns begin...

This is all easy enough to dismiss as:

Maybe the coaches really did expect everyone to play today but injuries didn't heal like we'd hoped.

Let's move on and stop hand-wringing.

(Not saying you are, API1957, just a general remark.)

War Eagle. Let's get things fixed today!

JMO but a good day to give them a rest....no point in taking any chances with another tweak or something. I think J'ville might be under-respected but we should beat them easily without those guys.

Did I notice that JJ is starting? Looks like the coaches did not panic after last week.....

I agree, I wouldn't play them either. let them rest and heal up. I didn't expect anyone with an injury from the Louisville game to play, but all but 2 look like they are ready to go. I'm sure they could play, just taking precautions.

So Muschamp was not being truthful when he said all his players were practicing and would be available to play?

Hope Carl and Tray heal quickly.

Doesn't mean they're not available to play if they absolutely HAD to.

So Muschamp was not being truthful when he said all his players were practicing and would be available to play?

Doesn't mean they're not available to play if they absolutely HAD to.

Anyone who asks a stupid question about availability of a player for a game....IMO they deserve to be lied to. No point in helping the opposition.

Let the meltdowns begin...

Melt for what? I expected this and he's on crutches for precaution and to keep weight off his hip. I think it's funny people still believe our staff when it comes to injuries. No way you play either in this game.

Yep and it doesn't surprise me one bit. I didn't believe it when he said it. It's a trend with our staff to do that. Keep teams guessing...idk but i'm not surprised.

Archived