Name me one other D1 Coach...

boisnumber1

Yes. A bad joke. Ive lost ALL respect for Gus. Every bit of it. Was a huge fan. I dont care who the backup is. JJ has had his chances. Make a change for crying out loud.

I try not to make rash judgements. But I couldn't agree more.

I genuinely do not understand how CGM could have had the foresight/intuition to have pursued/groomed our previous two quarterbacks and then fail so miserably with JJ. He has to change quarterbacks. And I do not see that really winning the game but just give the team a positive spark.

The only thing I can say is that the coaches see Sean white in practice daily and must feel that jj is still much better. But, even with White, this offense is not the same without a running qb which JJ & White are not.

The only thing I can say is that the coaches see Sean white in practice daily and must feel that jj is still much better. But, even with White, this offense is not the same without a running qb which JJ & White are not.

Doesn't necessarily mean that.

Stubbornness is going to cost him his job. Period. Jeremy Johnson does not have it in the head. Jason Campbell had to be benched when he got that "deer in the head lights" look. Sit Johnson down and let him learn from the sidelines

Other than Malzahn, there isn't a DI head coach out there that would stick with Jeremy Johnson during the game. All other coaches would give their backup QB some a lot of playing time.

Other than Malzahn, there isn't a DI head coach out there that would stick with Jeremy Johnson during the game. All other coaches would give their backup QB some a lot of playing time.

Example....Urban benched his starter today during the first half after a couple INTs....no QB should think he is entitled to keep his job without earning it every play. JMO

They want SW to get his first experience in mop up duty. But looks like the only mop up duty this year is after we'd had our hind ends handed to us. Even SJSU will be a 4Q struggle. We know White is our best passer. Impossible for a D1 QB to be worse. Haiftime adjustment was to change our entire offensive game plan rather than change QB. To use JJ in running game. Caught LSU napping a bit. Johnson will be new look QB in MSU game. Ditch the pass. Maybe 4 or 5 to keep defense honest. War Eagle!!

I thought we would see White as well, but the more I thought about it, I don't think you have a redshirt frosh take his first snaps of the season in Death Valley. Maybe we see him next week or possibly start at San Jose St.?

Also, I think they have to go back to the zone read. I think Gus thought we didn't need it anymore because JJ seemed to be the best passing QB we've ever had. However, now that it's been shown that's not the case, we need to reinvent ourselves, and quick.

What's amazing is he takes Duke off the team for a couple of weeks for some things he did wrong during practice, yet won't pull JJ for throwing 6 interceptions. In JJ's defense, he's thrown one fewer int each game. But still. Damn.

I thought we would see White as well, but the more I thought about it, I don't think you have a redshirt frosh take his first snaps of the season in Death Valley. Maybe we see him next week or possibly start at San Jose St.?

Also, I think they have to go back to the zone read. I think Gus thought we didn't need it anymore because JJ seemed to be the best passing QB we've ever had. However, now that it's been shown that's not the case, we need to reinvent ourselves, and quick.

If White had gotten some time in the first 2 like he should have, that wouldnt be an argument but its water under the bridge now. Im sure we will hear this one from the coaches as well.

If White had gotten some time in the first 2 like he should have, that wouldnt be an argument but its water under the bridge now. Im sure we will hear this one from the coaches as well.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think you pull a new starter in the first two games of the season. The Ohio State situation was different because Jones won a natty last year. If you pull a guy in the first two games and the backup isn't much better, your season is over.

I think after 3 games we have a good idea of where JJ is. He's had enough chances to turn it around, but hasn't, which is why we will see White soon.

What's amazing is he takes Duke off the team for a couple of weeks for some things he did wrong during practice, yet won't pull JJ for throwing 6 interceptions. In JJ's defense, he's thrown one fewer int each game. But still. Damn.

An LSU player dropped what would have likely been a pick 6, thrown right to him. The drop was on the defender, JJ delivered him a great throw.

Archived