2016 JUCO QB recruiting

WarEagleAU

Kendrick Doss, Dual-Threat QB (Former Ole Miss QB)

Northeast Mississippi CC, Florence, AL

6-1 | 205 | JUCO Stats | Hudl | Image

Jerod Evans, Dual-Threat QB (Former Air Force signee)

Trinity Valley CC (TX), Mansfield, TX

6-4 | 225 | JUCO Stats | Hudl | Image

Riley Ferguson, Pro-Style QB (Former Vols QB)

Coffeyville CC (KS), Matthews, NC

6-4 | 190 | JUCO Stats | Hudl | Image

John Franklin III, Dual-Threat QB (Former FSU QB)

East Mississippi CC, Fort Lauderdale, FL

6-2 | 185 | JUCO Stats | Hudl | Image

Kwadra Griggs, Pro-Style QB (Southern Miss commit)

Itawamba CC (MS), Greenwood, MS

6-3 | 225 | JUCO Stats | Hudl | Image

Justice Hansen, Dual-Threat QB (Former Oklahoma QB)

Butler CC (KS), Edmond, OK

6-4 | 220 | JUCO Stats | Hudl | Image

Garrett Kruzcek, Pro-Style QB

Copiah-Lincoln CC (MS), Winter Park, FL

6-2 | 185 | JUCO Stats | Hudl | Video | Image

--------------------

JUCO QB Stats

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep seeing John Franklin visiting AU on the paid sites. I am not sure why we are pursuing him the guy isn't even the starter on his team right now.... This one makes me scratch my head.

I don't know if we need another Juco QB. I think Sean White and Tyler Queen are good options plus we have Woody coming in. All three of these guys can run enough.

TQ is out for close to a year because of Tommy John surgery. This is why we are looking.

I don't know if we need another Juco QB. I think Sean White and Tyler Queen are good options plus we have Woody coming in. All three of these guys can run enough.

TQ is out for close to a year because of Tommy John surgery. This is why we are looking.

He should be back by the spring...

We may be looking because he may not recover fully. TQ isn't going to play for a while anyway.

I think we should always be looking. Given the way this season has gone for JJ thus far I think we may be reading more into this than what is really there. If Gus can find another Cam or Nick then that is just fine with me. I kind of hope JJ progresses and turns this back into what it should be - just another recruiting thread.

I think we should always be looking. Given the way this season has gone for JJ thus far I think we may be reading more into this than what is really there. If Gus can find another Cam or Nick then that is just fine with me. I kind of hope JJ progresses and turns this back into what it should be - just another recruiting thread.

We have two quality QB's committed, one each for the next two years.

We have two quality QB's committed, one each for the next two years.

You never know. Good QB's dont come around every year.

Jeremy Johnson, Kiehl Frazier, Kodi Burns, Zeke Pike, Tyrik Rollison and Neil Caudle were all considered better than "quality QBs" coming out of high school, and Barrett Trotter wasn't all that shabby himself. The list of guys who have succeeded at Auburn in that same time span is much shorter. Not to mention, Gus's three most high profile proteges have both flamed out miserably (don't forget about Mitch Mustain). In fact, Gus has had 6 successful quarterbacks in his college coaching career:

2007- Whichever guy that was at Tulsa, who was an accomplished senior who Gus inherited

2008- The other guy at Tulsa, who was a rising senior and had backed up the previous guy for 3 years

2009- Chris Todd, juco

2010- Cam Newton, juco

2012- Ryan Aplin, senior who had already been highly successful under Hugh Freeze

2013 & '14- Nick Marshall, juco

But yeah, there are some high school QBs who are sure things and we should stop recruiting the position.

We are going to have JJ, Sean, Queen and Woody on the roster in February. If we are that worried about one guy being a bust, there should be three more ready to take the wings. I think that is plenty. Going after a Juco just because he can run is absurd. We already have one of those in Smith anyway.

The fact that JJ is playing this badly and they are not give Sean White a shot scares me. Add to that Tyler Queen is hurt and yes we should be looking at Juco QB's. I am hoping Sean White is good as I saw him in All Star game and was blown away. so I am hoping Gus was just being loyal if not we have real issues at QB.

The fact that JJ is playing this badly and they are not give Sean White a shot scares me. Add to that Tyler Queen is hurt and yes we should be looking at Juco QB's. I am hoping Sean White is good as I saw him in All Star game and was blown away. so I am hoping Gus was just being loyal if not we have real issues at QB.

A to the men, Texas. A to the men.

Maybe Sean was underprepared to make his first career start in Baton Rouge. That was rhetorical.

Jeremy Johnson struggles in last 3 games

They didn't put Sean White on the field against LSU. I guess the coaches don't have any faith in him.

Jonathan Wallace is a senior.

Jason Smith will stay at WR.

Tyler Queen and Woody Barrett needs more time to develop.

-John Franklin will visit AU this Saturday.

-Everyone already knew Auburn used to recruit Kendrick Doss two years ago.

-Look at Jerod Evans' stats. He'll get a ton of D-1 offers soon. Too early but TCU is my logical pick.

I'd say no to everybody but that Evans guy. I'd go to Texas and hand him a scholly personally if I was Gus

I will go with you, and will pack enough peanut butter & jelly sandwiches to feed 25 Juco QBs. This way, we are bound to find a solid Juco QB out there. I have yet to find an excellent QB who did not like P&J sandwiches.

If Gus takes a couple of JUCO running QB's to go along with Barrett in the spring and Narcisse the following year, I would think White will probably get the message. All in for dual threat and read option. That may be what TPTB want to see regardless of whether CGM system works for either QB style. Will be interesting to see what happens with QB recruiting.

We have a heck of a lot more success with JUCO guys than with high school guys. If there are great JUCO QBs available we should be taking them.

Recently we have not given the HS guys a chance to play.....looking for guys with experience I guess though it's interesting that for years our young QBs were held back with limited playbooks and somehow we can bring in a Juco and he can run the team with one spring practice before his career starts. JJ has been here going on 3 years with less than one game of experience coming into this season....and SW has zero experience if he has to take over at some point.

Why have so many of our recent QB recruits been unable to grasp the AU offense? ....or at least that is the excuse we hear.

Archived