2016 JUCO QB recruiting

WarEagleAU

You've seen nothing that suggest SW is some all time great.....you can get mad all you want but yes passing td's has something to do with a qb. And all that you said about a back up qb is just things you're guessing....that kid didn't make up things that he said he was told....here's something that people may have to come to grasp with......SW has to play better as well.....Nobody besides some of these board members are saying don't worry about playing for us we're just looking for back ups... and there's not a hot shot qb that's looking at this situation and saying this guy averages 250 yds a game, I could never beat that out. That's like a of avg 5 points and 4 assists and he supposed to scare other pg's away?? No way in hell

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SW is going to prove a lot of these guys wrong that think he is just average. The kid is getting better every time he walks on the field. It would be a good idea to wait before you criticize him because he will make you look like you don't know what you're talking about. Just MHO

And then that's the funniest part.....Nobody said anything about what he can be just talking about what he has done so far....But people are offended by that....talk about an all time great like Marshall??? Well we can discuss that lol

You've seen nothing that suggest SW is some all time great.....

No, Cole, that's what you have seen. You're making the mistake of representing your opinion as fact.

I absolutely see a kid well on his way to being at least as good as Aaron Murray, who would easily be considered an all time great at Auburn if he had a similar career to what he had at UGA.

Buttom line if a QB protects the Ball and don't throw TDs it still isn't good enough. Name a great QB at any level that didn't throw TDs? Sean white is a game manager I would trade 1 or 2 FGs for a TD and a Pick combined.

No, Cole, that's what you have seen. You're making the mistake of representing your opinion as fact.

I absolutely see a kid well on his way to being at least as good as Aaron Murray, who would easily be considered an all time great at Auburn if he had a similar career to what he had at UGA.

Out of everything I said that's what you pull? Ok. Well the flip side of the coin is saying he'll break all these records and he'll be an all time great is an opinion as well but for whatever reason you didn't correct him. So far his numbers aren't on par with all time great numbers, I haven't looked but I doubt if they're on par with Aaron Murray's either. So my opinion is actually more aligned up with facts. But I'm objective some of Murray's years he was throwing to an all time great named aj Greene (who many on the board tried to compare duke with as well I will add, and of course I was stupid for arguing against that as well) You like to keep using that comparison but I don't see it, I see that kid from Boise st much more than Murray. Murray was a gun slinger, but hey that's my opinion as well.

Out of everything I said that's what you pull?

To be fair, you've said a lot, lol.

Well the flip side of the coin is saying he'll break all these records and he'll be an all time great is an opinion as well but for whatever reason you didn't correct him.

He didn't try to tell you what you've seen. I probably got a little too hung up on semantics, though.

So far his numbers aren't on par with all time great numbers, I haven't looked but I doubt if they're on par with Aaron Murray's either. So my opinion is actually more aligned up with facts. But I'm objective some of Murray's years he was throwing to an all time great named aj Greene (who many on the board tried to compare duke with as well I will add, and of course I was stupid for arguing against that as well) You like to keep using that comparison but I don't see it, I see that kid from Boise st much more than Murray. Murray was a gun slinger, but hey that's my opinion as well.

Murray threw for 235 ypg and 24 TDs (almost 2 per game) as a freshman, which is the only year I'll compare White's performance so far to. His YPA was 8.9 to White's 8.5. 8 picks in 13 games to Sean's 2 in 5. So Sean is definitely lagging behind in the TD department, but he's pretty much even everywhere else. I'd say that's pretty damned impressive considering he didn't get QB1 reps going into the season like Murray did. Btw, Murray went 1-4 in his first 5 games. And he ran a lot more, but he didn't have a hurt leg and he was probably, ya know, allowed to. He doesn't look any more mobile on film at all.

The Boise kid very well could be a better comparison, but I haven't watched as much of his play.

Murray imo would've tried more throws in the redzone and endzone. Imo SW best throw was the one to Stevens in the endzone that just missed, he was looking off at another progression then threw to Stevens almost just blind instinct, I know he saw him but very little time between when he looked and threw. If he plays more off instinct and test defenders without any hesitation then yes I think a tremendous upside is there. But that's still getting off tangent, I don't care what anybody says there isn't a big time qb scared of what SW has done so far as if it's some unattainable level of play and the coaches aren't just looking to sign a qb just to be a back up

But that's still getting off tangent, I don't care what anybody says there isn't a big time qb scared of what SW has done so far as if it's some unattainable level of play and the coaches aren't just looking to sign a qb just to be a back up

Totally agree with you there. And if there's a better JUCO QB than White who wants to play for Auburn, then I'm all for it. I just don't think Franklin is that guy. I think they see a special athlete and that they were honest with him that he'd have a chance to play QB.

I'm much more impressed with Jerod Evans's film, and I agree that it would be really stupid if our coaches told him we're not taking any juco QBs (even if they aren't).

To be honest I was just about to say maybe Franklin will develop with practice and it just hit me that qb development may not be an area we specialize in to put it nicely....for whatever reason I don't know why I'm just now having that hit me and that actually nullifies alot of what I was thinking as far as Franklin

A couple of posters have suggested or even stated outright that they hope AU never signs another Pro-style QB. Well JBentley says hi. I guess we'll have to wait until spring to see if CGM is going back to 100% DT QB. In spite of what our insiders say I've never felt Bentley would sign with Auburn. I just hope he doesn't land with the guys across the state. In which case he would likely he makes us pay and that might be the final nail.

A couple of posters have suggested or even stated outright that they hope AU never signs another Pro-style QB. Well JBentley says hi. I guess we'll have to wait until spring to see if CGM is going back to 100% DT QB. In spite of what our insiders say I've never felt Bentley would sign with Auburn. I just hope he doesn't land with the guys across the state. In which case he would likely he makes us pay and that might be the final nail.

Just my opinion, if Bentley does not sign with AU, I believe he signs with Stanford. Great school, great program. It is beautiful as well. I used to live 5 minutes from Stanford. We had season tickets back in the day. What Bentley will miss if he goes out west is the whole atmosphere surrounding the SEC and the place his dad works. Plus, the ability to have family and friends watch him play often.

Just my opinion, if Bentley does not sign with AU, I believe he signs with Stanford. Great school, great program. It is beautiful as well. I used to live 5 minutes from Stanford. We had season tickets back in the day. What Bentley will miss if he goes out west is the whole atmosphere surrounding the SEC and the place his dad works. Plus, the ability to have family and friends watch him play often.

Could see that happening.....perhaps the kind of kid who makes a "life" decision and going to a school like Stanford or Duke is never a bad idea IMO. He might want to give a look at Duke....Cutcliff is a coach that can develop QBs with his style of play and not so far from his home grounds which is South Carolina. As for his family, coaching is a fluid profession and no telling where his father would be in 3 or 4 years.

I could see Stanford being the perfect fit for Jake. If I had a son with that kind of talent that would be my advice. I'll be an AU fan until my last breath but I would not recommend my son to sign with Auburn.

• 2 months later...

Not a JUCO, but I don't want to start another erroneous thread like I did with Jenkins:

To bad. I'm starting one. And it will not be erroneous as this kid has interest in AU & vice versa. It was never confirmed Eli had interest in AU.

Not a JUCO, but I don't want to start another erroneous thread like I did with Jenkins:

To bad. I'm starting one. And it will not be erroneous as this kid has interest in AU & vice versa. It was never confirmed Eli had interest in AU.

Came for the content, stayed for the hilarity and utter joy.

Archived