A Formal Apology and Confession

aubcali

Dear Auburn fans, coaches, and players,

These past few weeks all of the Auburn nation have been scratching their heads about how and why the football team has underperformed. As debates raged on the messageboards and coaches have burnt the midnight oil for solutions, I have known the reason and am ashamed that I have kept it a secret from all.

The reason has not been lackluster QB play, crucial injuries, or that the defense can't stop the run. The reason is simple and obvious -- I lost my lucky Auburn beer hugger. (Some of you call it a beer koozie.)

I had it during the first half of Louisville game, but it disappeared at halftime. My two-year-old snuck away from mom and joined me in the basement watching the game. I got up to get a beer and left the hugger alone for only a moment. That's all it took. My toddler son (who I suspect is a Bama fan, but that's another story) ran off with the hugger off to toddler mayhem land.

The past two weeks I've felt naked without my "State of Auburn" beer hugger. Worst, I have been relegated to using a random Cocoa Beach, Florida touristy hugger.

The good news is that I have found my lucky Auburn beer hugger. It was inside a dinosaur's mouth. Don't ask. Anyway, I will be more careful and as long as I have the hugger by my side, Auburn will have no problem putting Miss. St. away tonight.

War Eagle and my sincere apologies!

Allosaurus maybe? Don't be so quick to blame the child. You've seen Toy Story, I presume. :)

I am deeply concerned about the mental well being of this child suspected of being a bammer. Surely you caught this early enough to rehabilitate him.

Like you, I know this team will be show the rest of the football world that Auburn football is back and is ready to take its place once again among the elite. Ole Miss hit their high last week, and will fall back to earth in a very hard way soon. They are Ole Miss for goodness sakes! They have no business competing for any kind of championship. Mark my word on this one folks. I predicted their fall last season after the bammer win. They will wind up 8-4 regular season. Auburn will finish the season at 10-2.

Like you, I know this team will be show the rest of the football world that Auburn football is back and is ready to take its place once again among the elite. Ole Miss hit their high last week, and will fall back to earth in a very hard way soon. They are Ole Miss for goodness sakes! They have no business competing for any kind of championship. Mark my word on this one folks. I predicted their fall last season after the bammer win. They will wind up 8-4 regular season. Auburn will finish the season at 10-2.

10-2? Who is the second loss?

I share in the blame. My lucky Auburn mug is still packed up somewhere due to my recent relocation to the Gulf Coast. I can't seem to find that #!&@? box anywhere. One of my movers was an obvious bammer fan and I'm sure he dropped that particular box down some stairs and then hid it in the back of the storage unit.

Archived