the game tonight. . .

LegalEagle

what's a good name for it? I'm thinking along the lines of :

"Also-Ran Bowl"

"Prom Queen Bowl"

"Politician's Bowl"

"Garbage In, Garbage Out Bowl"

I don't want to hog this. I'm sure you'll think of some good ones. Maybe we can send the consensus winner to ESPN for them to use tonight! *grin*

Let 'em have it.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!! HEY!!

Unfortunately it's the BCS MNC game :D

136075[/snapback]

I'm not planning on watching. A crappy showing by one or both teams would just infuriate me that we weren't there instead.

I'll be watching. Auburn's work is done, and this is the last time we'll see college football 'till next fall. OUCH! I'm be leaning toward USC , but I also wanna see what Peterson can do vs the SC Defense.

It's a tircky issue, trying to figure out this NC stuff. It's not like BYU is playing a 6- 5 Michigan team in the Holiday Bowl. Both OU and SC are storied, traditional power houses. Both OU and SC appeared in NC games last year, and now find themslves facing each other. As an objective college football fan....it's not so easy to just dismiss this game just because I want Auburn to at least get its due recognition for going 13-0. One of these teams will lose tonight,and Auburn will leap over that one. Whether Auburn leaps the other team in the AP poll, is anyone's guess.

Well, since y'all won't be silly with me. . . I have heard no talk of the possibility that the yahoos tonight might play a great game, go into 4 overtimes and one win by a 53 yard field goal. The result being AU stays in #3!

It's not my fault - you made me get serious!

USC is going to get smoked.

Same thing that happened to Cal is going to happen to USC. Cal was #4 and complained about how they should have been in the Rose Bowl. Texas Tech smoked 'em. Big XII is just superior in every way to the Pac 10 as is the SEC.

Did UCLA win? Uhhh.... mighty Pac 10?

BTW, no way did AU have the weakest schedule of the three. Weakest OOC schedule, yes. LSU, UGA, Tenn. 2x??? Neither one of the other three played teams as good as any of those three.

I can't watch because I'll be working, (just like last night :angry: ).

I want to see USC up by 24 (or more) with 3 min. to go and they're still

throwing the ball trying to score! Let 'ole BS see how it feels. ;):P

:au: WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!! :au:

OU 31 USC 7 :cheers:

136160[/snapback]

31-7 is a pretty dominating score, huh? ;)

Yeah, yeah, I know.... 10-9.

At least I can relish the fact that LSU gave AU is toughest game in their perfect season.

I was having a conversation with a buddy of mine. We were saying that if we were a Bill Gates that we would make our own bowl that would pay 20 million to each team. The winner of tonight would play Auburn.

Even if that could happen I honestly think whoever wins tonight would refuse to play Auburn. Just because they would be scared of losing after being awarded the BCS championship. If they lost then the BCS would mean nothing just like it does tonight to all Auburn fans.

I was having a conversation with a buddy of mine. We were saying that if we were a Bill Gates that we would make our own bowl that would pay 20 million to each team.

136171[/snapback]

Someone literally did that last year, but it never went through.

How much money did they try to give away? ALso why could it not go through? NCAA or just schools refused to do it. I would have a hard time thinking LSu would refuse. The LSU of last season could beat the USC this year and Oaklahoma.

I still think USC and Oaklahoma would be scared to face Auburn if it got approved and set up.

However I think CBS, NBC, or FOX should set it up because it would be as big as the Super Bowl. Just because of what has happened. The broadcast companies could charge lots for commercial time and then have a huge pay out to the two teams. Not only would it be good but it would be a smack in the face to ABC.

i'm not watching the game tonight.....my national champion played last night

136183[/snapback]

I don't understand this logic. Watch a good football game! I completely agree that AU is the best this year, but not watching probably the best game all year just doesn't make sense.

After being on Bourbon last night until about 3:30, and getting about an hour of sleep before catching a 7am flight this morning, and then working all day, I'll be shocked if I make it through halftime.

I hope the game tonight is settled in 7OTs, with OU winning 3-0. I hope it's the lowest rated bowl game of the year (even lower than the New Orleans Bowl).

Oklahoma: winner

USC: loser

WaReAgLe83: watches any channel but ABC

Both those schools could loan us one NC each and they'd still have plenty of legacy left over. Has Auburn ever played a bowl game with the national title at stake? Have we ever even played a #1 team in a bowl? I'm not sure, but I doubt it. You can't say that about those wonderful Sooners or Trojans. The loser will come out of this game with a Heisman-winning QB. Meanwhile, the real MVP of 2004, Jason Campbell, wasn't invited. This is gonna turn into a long rant if I don't cut it off here. :rolleyes::puke:

WAR DAMN EAGLE - phew, feel better already. :D

I'll watch it, albeit wistfully...

OU 31 USC 7 :cheers:

136160[/snapback]

31-7 is a pretty dominating score, huh? ;)

Yeah, yeah, I know.... 10-9.

At least I can relish the fact that LSU gave AU is toughest game in their perfect season.

136170[/snapback]

Ok, ok, OU 45, USC 7

and USC scores the 7 late in the game when it isn't even going to matter.

How is that?

LSUj, this is by FAR not the best game of the year. OU sucked in the first half

136252[/snapback]

You are correct my friend.

However, it is the last CF game I'll watch until the calling of the 2005 nip, which makes it worth watching. OU gave away 24 points on TO's.

I had an Algebra class with Rufus Alexander, the OU linebacker. We played tic-tac-toe the entire time. He was a tic-tac-toe master.

Been watching the game off and on.

aND sTOOPS AGAIN, DOESN'T GIVE ANY CREDIT TO THE OPPONENT AT HALFTIME. HE BLAMES HIS OWN TEAMS FOR TURNOVERS AND A COUPLE OF BIG OFFENSIVE PLAYS

USC is going to get smoked.

136139[/snapback]

lsuj2006,

Make sure you post predictions here from now on. I want to retire early, so I'll definatly take your picks....and then bet the house the other way! :roflol:

per your sig of Iowa's last play of the game, I noticed there are 2 missed calls, not just one. The hand on the back of the LSU defender(29) to the left of the pic is over shadowed by the OTHER blatent interference - and both directly in front of the ref. Amazing

Amazing.

Archived