Auburn Soccer

AU64

Just to note that the AU soccer team rebounded from the loss to 10th ranked South Carolina to beat 17th ranked TAMU on Sunday by a score of 2-0. A good win and improved performance over their recent loss.

The No. 10 Auburn soccer team put 21 shots on the goal Friday night against No. 21 Ole Miss, but none were able to find the net as the Rebels defeated the Tigers, 2-0, at Ole Miss Soccer Stadium.

Question (because I didn't see the game). Was that 21 shots by AU, or 21 shots by AU "on goal"? That's an extraordinary number of shots but a crazy number if "on goal". Thanks

Auburn beat UK by a score of 2-1....typical AU game this year....got an early lead but gave up a goal in the first 30 seconds of the second half and threatened numerous times ...but unsuccessful until a picture-perfect corner kick play that was headed in for the winning goal.

AU undefeated at home, in 2nd place in the SEC and plays UGa on Sunday at AU.

Support the Tigers.....

Went to the game last night. Couple observations:

Was seriously impressed with the crowd size.

The auburn pace of play is muuuuch faster live than on tv. I can't explain it but the girls look sluggish and plodding on tv but are anything but when you watch them live.

The girls are having fun. It is fun watching women's sports because they have figured out a way to play at a high level and enjoy themselves at the same time. Of course winning never hurts, but even the Kentucky players were talking with friends in the crowd after.

Our girls created a bunch of great chances in front of the other team's goal.

Kayla Faulkner is a beast and is fearless. Her play as a CB was great and she scored.

Casie ramsier is as good as some of the awards she received this year. She and her sister Brooke deserve to play 90 minutes every game. They play hard and are solid in the center.

Quite frankly I could say positives about a great number of the players. There is some talent on this team.

Was great fun to take my kids.

If AU is 2nd in SEC, who is first (USCe?)?

Not a soccer follower before so not sure how the champ is determined. Is it like basketball with season champ and then tournament champ or is there not a tournament?

Found my on answer:

AU (6-3-0) trails Missouri (7-2-1) and Florida (6-2-1) in the current standings (Mizzou already beat Vandy today,

Florida plays arkansas later today). And there is a tournament which starts 2 Nov. AU playing UGA today and then at Miss St for final game.

Turned on the game at MSU with 19 to go in the half with AU up 1-0. They have since gotten 2 more and have enjoyed the ball a lot this half.

Now AU has a free kick just off the side of the 18. AU heads it in but AU was offsides. No replay to verify though. The MSU announcers are sure of it though.

AU using speed to run the ball right up the middle of the pitch right now. A 3-0 lead and AU has their 5th corner of the game.

It goes right to the middle of the 18 to a wide open Tiger but the one timer is well wide.

3-0 AU at the half

Forgot to mention that this is a Quarterfinal match in the SEC Tournament.

Still 1-0 USCe, but AU has had some good opportunities and shots, but no cigar so far

Archived