2017 5 star PG Davion Mitchell Commits to Auburn!!

aujeff11

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings

(I know it's early but) We now have the top committed player and #2 class overall for 2017 :hellyeah:/> :Sing:/>

I think that calls for a we are basketball school celebration.

In 2017 we have the possibility of having a 5* Center Wiley, a 5* SF Heron, a 5* PG Mitchel, Bryce Brown as SG, Spencer as PF as starters. In addition we will have depth at multiple positions McLemore PF, Lang SG/SF, New Williams SG, Harper PG. Now actual starters could be different but the lowest rated player in this group would be a 3* in previous years a 3* would have been our highest rated player.

No Purifoy?

In 2017 we have the possibility of having a 5* Center Wiley, a 5* SF Heron, a 5* PG Mitchel, Bryce Brown as SG, Spencer as PF as starters. In addition we will have depth at multiple positions McLemore PF, Lang SG/SF, New Williams SG, Harper PG. Now actual starters could be different but the lowest rated player in this group would be a 3* in previous years a 3* would have been our highest rated player.

No Purifoy?

I left Purifoy and Reed off as they are both up in the air. I hope we have both as that will make us even better but the others currently look like they should all be here in 2017 but that is 2 years so who knows for sure.

:bananadance:/> :bananadance:/> :bounce:/> We are a basketball school!!! :nanner:/> :nanner:/>

No Purifoy?

I left Purifoy and Reed off as they are both up in the air. I hope we have both as that will make us even better but the others currently look like they should all be here in 2017 but that is 2 years so who knows for sure.

There's also a chance Purifoy could get a good draft rating and go pro without ever playing college. Not extremely likely, but possible. Several options for Purifoy to not be at AU for the 2016-17 season and/or the 2017-18 season. Hope he plays for us, but as said it's an unknown.

• 3 months later...

Despite how bad the overall season was, it seems like basketball is headed in the right direction. Fact is we did beat KY and were ravaged by injuries all season. I have a certain amount of confidence in the program.

Baseball, on the other hand...

This kid looks really good. Reminds me of the dude who played st Illinios (I believe) and went top 5 to the Magic recently, can't recall his name.

Of course I don't know what kind of defense he plays but still.

Looks like Bruce is definitely on the right path. Never really imagined thinking Auburn may have multiple potential one and done players on the same team.

WDE Bruce

This kid looks really good. Reminds me of the dude who played st Illinios (I believe) and went top 5 to the Magic recently, can't recall his name.

Of course I don't know what kind of defense he plays but still.

Looks like Bruce is definitely on the right path. Never really imagined thinking Auburn may have multiple potential one and done players on the same team.

WDE Bruce

Oladipo that went to Indiana?

Probably talking about Payton, but I hope he plays better or at least different from that

Probably talking about Payton, but I hope he plays better or at least different from that

Lol Elfrid can be frustrating to watch

Getting back to Mitchell the more I watch film posted on him and read about him the more excited I get about Auburn's future. He is the type of PG that you see leading teams to NCAA and he will have a solid backup PG with a years experience, We will have a True 5* Center Wiley coming in with him, Spencer will be a Junior and I predict will be stud by then, plus Herron a 5* SG and Purifoy SF who many on this board said they thought was the best player on the team last year and a future NBA player. Add to that the depth we will have and the future is very bright for Auburn Basketball.

Next year we will start seeing the true beginning of the Pearl era and in 2017 it will blossom.

Getting back to Mitchell the more I watch film posted on him and read about him the more excited I get about Auburn's future. He is the type of PG that you see leading teams to NCAA and he will have a solid backup PG with a years experience, We will have a True 5* Center Wiley coming in with him, Spencer will be a Junior and I predict will be stud by then, plus Herron a 5* SG and Purifoy SF who many on this board said they thought was the best player on the team last year and a future NBA player. Add to that the depth we will have and the future is very bright for Auburn Basketball.

Next year we will start seeing the true beginning of the Pearl era and in 2017 it will blossom.

May have to do some reloading after the 2017-2018 season. I could see some of the 5*s high 4s going pro by then.

• 2 weeks later...

Davion visited Auburn with his family and they loved it. Davion said he is done listening and visiting other schools so, in return, other programs have stopped going after him. He is locked in. Huge because this guy is rising fast through the rankings.

https://auburn.n.rivals.com/news/rivals150-pg-family-solid-to-au

IMO this season will be a slight step up from last season. But the following year we are going to start morphing into a team that will give our SEC counterparts problems. Hopefully we stay healthier this year and can see an improvement in our record.

Archived