2017 5 star PG Davion Mitchell Commits to Auburn!!

aujeff11

I thought he was rising in the rankings? Not that it matters, this kid looks to be a baller for us. But everytime I read about him people are mentioning how he's getting better

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he was rising in the rankings? Not that it matters, this kid looks to be a baller for us. But everytime I read about him people are mentioning how he's getting better

He is or was. He was number 36 on the latest Scout update.

Of note from the above article, Davion is helping recruit his AAU teammate, Chuma Okeke

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/3628

He is still rising in the rankings. Most sites now have him in the 30 - 35 overall range. 247, at one point, gave him a massive bump to 13 overall (5 star), but eased up and put him back to 4 star status a few weeks later. They now have him at 31 overall. That's how he went from 5* to 4*.

When it's all said and done, I think some sites will have him 5 star, and some won't. At the least he'll be very close.

He is still rising in the rankings. Most sites now have him in the 30 - 35 overall range. 247, at one point, gave him a massive bump to 13 overall (5 star), but eased up and put him back to 4 star status a few weeks later. They now have him at 31 overall. That's how he went from 5* to 4*.

When it's all said and done, I think some sites will have him 5 star, and some won't. At the least he'll be very close.

He dropped a little more then. He was 28 when I checked 247 the other day.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I wouldn't go that far but it was great.

Compare that move to what Curry did to Chris Paul but yeah slight exaggeration. 

Very nice handle. Don't like him settling for the shot though, but in an interview he mentioned his strength is getting to the free throw line so maybe he's just working on his weaknesses during competition....Which to say the least is super impressive

• 4 months later...

It is hard to score 121 points if the other team doesn't have a player on the court. I realize the other team probably was horrible but that is impressive by any standard.

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is hard to score 121 points if the other team doesn't have a player on the court. I realize the other team probably was horrible but that is impressive by any standard.

The team scored 121, not Davion by himself.

Sorry I didn't go to the link and mis-read it.  After going to the link I understand.

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

lolol not gonna lie the tweet does kind of read like Mitchell put up the 121

Yup. I thought so too originally.

• 1 month later...

I loved watching this. This young man has some serious jumps but the things that impressed me the most was the way he handled the ball in traffic. setup his own shot off the dribble and how he also found teammates.  He did a bunch of pull up jump shots off the dribble both three pointers and two pointers. This year it seemed we were putting up threes or layup/dunks there was very little mid range game. The good teams score in all three areas.

If he can do this at next level with 6 Assists per game with Harper also doing 4-6 assists per game then our offense will be even better next year. I don't expect a Freshman PG to be all world but I think he can help us a good bit next year also being a little taller and with his jumps and speed he should be a better defender than either Harper or Johnson.

On 3/14/2017 at 1:34 PM, AUBwins said:

That guy has a sick crossover.

My exact thoughts watching his video. He's got a good bit of street ball in him as well. Going to be interesting seeing his transition to college. He looks to be able to battle to the basket for points when needed, but it's a whole different level in the ncaas.  Obviously he likely won't look like his highlight tape, but he looks to be a potential great addition

He creates space and separation to get off good shots. He also elevates well on his jump shot. We all of our perimeter players to be able to create their own shots and shots for others. 

He will be a star.  I can't remember the last guy we had at any guard position that has the skill set that this dude has.  And we should expect him to only get better as he goes.  War Eagle!  Sunny days are ahead I do believe...

Archived