2017 5 star PG Davion Mitchell Commits to Auburn!!

aujeff11

Will be the starter going in to sec play at PG. Maybe even sooner.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that the people saying he will be the starter at PG going into SEC season are right and that he beats out an improved Harper. That is a lot to ask of a Freshman PG watching his film he has the potential but PG is a really tough position to earn a starters position in your first year. A great PG makes the players around him better and knows when to be unselfish and when to be selfish. 

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I hope that the people saying he will be the starter at PG going into SEC season are right and that he beats out an improved Harper. That is a lot to ask of a Freshman PG watching his film he has the potential but PG is a really tough position to earn a starters position in your first year. A great PG makes the players around him better and knows when to be unselfish and when to be selfish. 

If DM shows team offense awareness & Jared doesn't improve there & in his shot selection then DM starting by SEC play is a very real possibility. Heck Jared started all year as a true frosh over a GT SR even though the team looked in better rhythm overall a lot of times when Ronnie was playing. I know it sounds like I whale on Jared. I really like him a lot though. I just wish the shooting guard mindset in him could be changed to a point guard's mindset.  And it doesn't have to be a traditional Point mindset. He can still be a shooter, but a smart & selective shooter.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

If DM shows team offense awareness & Jared doesn't improve there & in his shot selection then DM starting by SEC play is a very real possibility. Heck Jared started all year as a true frosh over a GT SR even though the team looked in better rhythm overall a lot of times when Ronnie was playing. I know it sounds like I whale on Jared. I really like him a lot though. I just wish the shooting guard mindset in him could be changed to a point guard's mindset.  And it doesn't have to be a traditional Point mindset. He can still be a shooter, but a smart & selective shooter.

Nobody on our team takes particularly smart shots lol but it hurts us even more when Harper does it because it's mostly a "run down the court, nobody is set up yet, lemme launch this thing!" And because long shots mean lots of long rebounds all of a sudden the other team is running the other way and we trade being forced to play anywhere from 5-30 seconds of defense with not forcing the other team to even get in their stance lol

"Imagine the Auburn basketball program where high profile recruits are being turned away?" it would be nice, but it won't ever happen.

Archived