2016-2017 Basketball Recruiting Board (Updated 11/9/2016)

kwren34

2016-2017 Basketball Recruiting Board (Updated 7/25/2016)
*** ATTENTION: Please do NOT copy/paste to other websites or message boards! This thread belongs to AUFamily forums ONLY! ***

NATIONAL RECRUITING RANKINGS:
247 - #5
Scout - #2
Rivals - #3
ESPN - #5

:largeAU:- Auburn Commit
:starorange: - 247 Composite Star Rating
Height/Weight listed from 247

2 SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE (Additional scholarships possible due to attrition)

PG

Position Needs: 0-1 | Top Priority: Done

:largeAU: Davion Mitchell:starorange::starorange::starorange::starorange:
Height/Weight: 6-1, 185 | Hometown (School): Hinesville, GA (Liberty County) | AAU: Georgia Stars
Commit Date: 10/15/2015 | Offered: Yes | Visited: N/A
Ranking: 247 (4 Star, #8 PG) | Scout (4 Star, #11 PG) | Rivals (4 Star, NR) | ESPN (4 Star, #13 PG)

1543188.jpg?w=240&h=240&fit=crop&crop=faces

Uncommitted Prospects:
Jermaine Jackson, Jr ***

Committed Prospects:

SG:

Position Needs: 0-1 | Top Priority: John Petty

Uncommitted Prospects:
John Petty *****
Terrence Lewis ****
Jamaal Johnson ***

Committed Prospects:
Daniel Lewis (UCF) ***

SF

Position Needs: 0-1 | Top Priority: Done

:largeAU: Chuma Okeke:starorange::starorange::starorange::starorange:
Height/Weight: 6-7, 225 | Hometown (School): Fairburn, GA (Westlake) | AAU: Georgia Stars
Commit Date: 7/24/2016 | Offered: Yes | Visited: N/A
Ranking: 247 (4 Star, #13 SF) | Scout (4 Star, #7 SF) | Rivals (4 Star, NR) | ESPN (4 Star, #8 SF)

photo of Chuma Okeke

Uncommitted Prospects:
M.J. Walker *****
Greg Floyd, Jr ***

Committed Prospects:

PF

Position Needs: 2-3 | Top Priority: Garrison Brooks

Uncommitted Prospects:
Wendell Carter *****
Alex Reese ****
Ira Lee ****
Garrison Brooks ****

Committed Prospects:

CENTER

Position Needs: 1-2 | Top Priority: Ikey Obiagu

:largeAU: Austin Wiley:starorange::starorange::starorange::starorange::starorange:
Height/Weight: 6-10, 250 | Hometown (School): Hoover, AL (Spain Park) | AAU: Alabama Challenge
Commit Date: 9/26/2015 | Offered: Yes | Visited: N/A
Ranking: 247 (5 Star, #7 PF) | Scout (5 Star, #6 C) | Rivals (5 Star, NR) | ESPN (4 Star, #6 C)

AUSTIN%20WILEY-150.JPG

Uncommitted Prospects:
Ikechukwu "Ikey" Obiagu *****

Committed Prospects:

ARCHIVE:
2014-2015 Basketball Recruiting Board
2015-2016 Basketball Recruiting Board

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Latest Update:
7/25/16: Chuma Okeke COMMITS TO AUBURN
11/13/15: Prospects added
10/16/15: Created new thread

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please Pin. Unpin "2014-2015 Basketball Recruiting Board" please. Those players are on the roster and I have it linked in this one. TYIA

• 2 weeks later...

How we looking with Alex Reese?

He visited in late August (Big Cat and took part in the elite basketball camp).

He said Vandy (likes the academics), Bama (Close to home), and Auburn (uncle played football for AU) are his top schools.

It's hard to say if auburn is going to go hard after him, it depends how the numbers (scholarships) shake out in the next year. Without much attrition, there should only be 2 scholarships for this class. If more open up and Alex Reese is still available, then i have all the faith in CBP to land him.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Bryan Matthews,

Auburn 2017 commit Austin Wiley and top 17 target Garrison Brooks are at tonight's game against UAB.

According to Bryan Matthews,

Auburn 2017 commit Austin Wiley and top 17 target Garrison Brooks are at tonight's game against UAB.

Alex Reese (17 target), too

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you AUJEFF11 there was a lot to like in the highlight film you provided. You expect a 6'10" player yo be able to dunk which he did, but some of the things I really like is how he used his frame to to block out the opponent and present an easy pass for his teammates. He constantly used his body to get into a good position to catch the ball and to finish. He seemed to have a very nice mid range jumper and was comfortable on the free throw line. Defensively he is a space eater he rebounds well and does a great job of shot blocking. I especially liked his blocks were controlled blocks that he or his teammates could recover as opposed to blocking them out of bounds.

The only thing I didn't see was how he handled double teams down low, especially passing out of them to a cutter or resetting to get better position down low. He may have those skills just didn't see them in this highlight. It is easy to see why he is a 5* player. He appears to be the big man we are still lacking can't wait till he gets here.

Thank you AUJEFF11 there was a lot to like in the highlight film you provided. You expect a 6'10" player yo be able to dunk which he did, but some of the things I really like is how he used his frame to to block out the opponent and present an easy pass for his teammates. He constantly used his body to get into a good position to catch the ball and to finish. He seemed to have a very nice mid range jumper and was comfortable on the free throw line. Defensively he is a space eater he rebounds well and does a great job of shot blocking. I especially liked his blocks were controlled blocks that he or his teammates could recover as opposed to blocking them out of bounds.

The only thing I didn't see was how he handled double teams down low, especially passing out of them to a cutter or resetting to get better position down low. He may have those skills just didn't see them in this highlight. It is easy to see why he is a 5* player. He appears to be the big man we are still lacking can't wait till he gets here.

I would give anything for him to be in the next class. Because when Harris leaves we will need his skills as a big man badly. But I love that we are getting him. He is a "Kentucky" type player that is coming to Auburn. That is pretty big; even if there were obvious connections that led to his commitment to Auburn.

Can anyone explain the BB team has signed so many guards versus forwards for next years class? I noticed the roster has four out of the five forwards on the team to be seniors, on the surface it seems like we will be very short (excuse the pun) of taller players in the future.

I used to work out with Isaac Haas, a 7' big man straight out of Gadsden Alabama that is playing well for Purdue right now. I suggested to him that he should go play for Pearl but he wasn't really into that because Pearl was still on his show cause absence.

He was recently named by NBC sports the tenth best CBB player:

"Haas may be a strange name to have on this list because so few people have heard of him. He's a 7-foot-2 sophomore that only stepped into the starting lineup this season because A.J. Hammons was in Matt Painter's doghouse, but he embraced the role and made it his own. On a team that's winning because of their dominating front line, he's been the best of the bunch: 15.0 points and 6.5 boards while shooting 75.6 percent from the floor and 73.7 percent from the foul line. Here's the kicker: he's doing all of that in just 19 minutes per game! He's averaging an insane 31.6 points-per-40 minutes! He's going to come back to earth eventually, but for now, let's celebrate how utterly dominant the big man has been. (Photo Credit: AJ Mast/AP)"

It's a shame that kids like that have to move away to get utilized but this guy doesn't fit the run the floor role. And Barbee didn't recruit him very hard.

• 4 weeks later...

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Auburn-hosts-four-star-guard-42536725

Jamal Johnson, a 4*SG and teammate of Austin Wiley was at the Auburn-Tennesse game with Wiley.

We own a dominating crystal ball lead over Bama for his services at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched Wiley play last night. He had a nice solid game but I wouldn't call it spectacular. (They lost to Mtn Brook)

2 things stood out with him ... Great composure because he was defended hard and he has a great stoke with FT. Not sure his stats but he had at least 5-6 blocks and completely changed the lane. My guess is he is 80% or better at the line.

Also, by chance, I sat next to Aubrey Wiley. I'm impressed by former athletes ability to stay calm. You could tell he was intensely into his sons game but wasn't freaking out like the rest of the fans. Kudos to Aubrey.

Also ... Mtn Brook has a 9th grader that might be one of the top couple players in the state - at any high school age. Ranked 2nd nationally I was told. Absolutely the real deal. Trendon Watford ... Remember that name peeps. I know Alabama has gone to the school to see him ... Work ur magic CBP!

• 1 month later...

Archived