2016 3* JUCO QB/ATH John Franklin III (AU commit 11/4/15)

jskilgro

Updated 11/04/15 - John commits to AU!

The wait is over! Ready to start my new journey and soar with the War Eagles on the Plains come January.

CS_wS1pUcAEK1Tc.jpg

@jf3_5

Former Florida State quarterback John Franklin III is planning to transfer to Auburn, according to ESPN’s Joe Schad.

Franklin, a three-star prospect in the 2013 class, announced he was transferring from FSU in the spring. He spent the past season at East Mississippi Community College.

Franklin spent the majority of his time at Florida State as a backup.

http://collegespun.c...nsfer-to-auburn

Just got officially offered by the University of Auburn. God just keeps blessing me and I am BLESSED!!! #Tigers #JF3

@jf3_5

JOHN-FRANKLIN_150_7_27.JPG

John Franklin III, Dual-Threat QB/ATH

Plantation, FL

Ht: 6'1 | Wt: 171 | 40: 4.38

• Picked up AU offer 10/23/15
  • 247Sports ranks the three-star prospect as the No. 44 junior college player and No. 1 athlete in the nation
  • Franklin is a December graduate from junior college with two years of eligibility left
  • JUCO (EMCC - 5 games) Stats: 40-69 passing, 456yds, 6TDS, 1INT + 145yds rushing on 21 carreis, 1 TD
  • Will be in Auburn for the Iron Bowl

"They say they're missing a run game at the quarterback position and that's what they think I can bring," Franklin told AL.com at the time. "At least with Cam Newton and Nick Marshall, that's what they're missing at the position and I feel like I'd be a great fit in their offense."

"As a quarterback in my situation, that's definitely the type of offense I need to be in," Franklin said. "The quarterback situation they have now is definitely appealing to the eye."

http://www.al.com/au...uarterback.html

Hudl Highlights (JUCO)

18803951-mmmain.jpg

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he is as good as everyone claims why did FSU let him get away? If we sign one (or maybe two) more Junior College Quarterbacks we may become JUCO QBU. Maybe we should just give up on HS signal callers and go JUCO all the way.

He's a great athlete, so sign him. If he can win the QB job it means he's better than the other guys. If he can't win the QB job, put him at WR. We've got room. It's not like we're getting bombarded with 4 and 5* prospects clamoring to fill our 25 slots.

He's a great athlete, so sign him. If he can win the QB job it means he's better than the other guys. If he can't win the QB job, put him at WR. We've got room. It's not like we're getting bombarded with 4 and 5* prospects clamoring to fill our 25 slots.

Agree. Considering how the QB position has played out this year..i say sign all the QBs we can get. For me...it's too early to say if Sean is our future QB or not. Heck we thought JJ was but it didn't play out like that. They want to come...bring them.

Seriously, you guys need to let the SW thing go. I'm starting to get real sick and tired of the worship over him. He's an adequate QB, that's it. I've been harping over this since the beginning of the season. The coaches see it too. We don't win championships without a game-changer at QB. Especially one who runs a 4.3. You guys need to get over SW, he's a filler. Let me ask you this. Do you really think the coaches offer a JUCO QB to ride the bench? An no, this is nothing like the Jason Smith fiasco. The coaches want this guy to be Nick Marshall 2.0. But, I forgot, most of you thought he was a failure, and want someone like Chris Todd...

Seriously, you guys need to let the SW thing go. I'm starting to get real sick and tired of the worship over him. He's an adequate QB, that's it. I've been harping over this since the beginning of the season. The coaches see it too. We don't win championships without a game-changer at QB. Especially one who runs a 4.3. You guys need to get over SW, he's a filler. Let me ask you this. Do you really think the coaches offer a JUCO QB to ride the bench? An no, this is nothing like the Jason Smith fiasco. The coaches want this guy to be Nick Marshall 2.0. But, I forgot, most of you thought he was a failure, and want someone like Chris Todd...

Personally, I get tired of people calling him things like adequate and a game manager when he's only played 3 games since he's been at Auburn. Is he the future? Who knows. He clearly wasn't the coach's first choice, on or off campus. Is he adequate enough to not lose us some games? Yes. But to solely declare him as adequate and basically say he is nothing special is not only an insult to him, but anyone else who watches the game. Know why? Cause he's only played three bloomin games! Neither you nor anyone else can even pretend to know how good he can be. So stop. Am I a Sean worshipper? No, but I'm not a hater and I have the ability to see potential. Apparently others on this board do not.

Let me ask you this. Do you really think the coaches offer a JUCO QB to ride the bench?

This guy wasn't even the starter on his JUCO team until the last game. And you're here pigeon holing White as a game manager 3 games into his career with s*** play-calling. ******* joke.

Saying you know what SW's potential is already is ridiculous. Saying why offer a juco qb because SW appears to be improving and hating the thought of offering a juco qb because of SW may be even more ridiculous....reminds me of the people that didn't want cam cuz he was a juco and the people who didn't want Russell Wilson because of trotter and Mosley because they were Auburn men and he wasn't...

So much fail in one post. Why is SW just an "adequate QB?" Is it because he doesn't have 4.4 speed! He can hit every throw that our last two or three couldn't. What more do you want from a QB!

I hope Franklin III takes the Auburn offer. Cam was a JUCO QB when he signed us and so was Nick. I think both of those signees turned out pretty well.

I with Mikey, sign him up and see how it plays out. Appears to be a great athlete and we need those guys.

I don't know how you watch the Kentucky game and then say White is just adequate. He played a heck of a game and was awesome on 3rd down. He flat out won that game for us. Our running game produced sqadush. We'll see how the rest of the year goes but I'm excited to see how he comes along.

With speed like that you can't turn this option down if you are Auburn. He can play somewhere....

Kind of how we are getting real sick and tired of your agenda? Your lack of depth of knowledge is glaring.

I think we're just going to have to have a DT QB struggle before people believe a QB that can run isn't the panacea for Gus' offense. Either that or we're going to have to have a mediocre QB that can run take us to a 10+ win season for the rest of us to believe that it is.

This guy won't even be on the field til next year, if Sean continues progressing at the rate he is then he won't need to keep looking in the rear-view mirror at this guy. By the time the spring rolls around he will be firmly entrenched as the starter or we will need another QB. A lot of the back and forth about the QB is really unnecessary and makes me wonder what the motive is (if it really is just opinion or an attempt to create controversy.

Kind of how we are getting real sick and tired of your agenda? Your lack of depth of knowledge is glaring.

Agree

Thank you Bird

I think we're just going to have to have a DT QB struggle before people believe a QB that can run isn't the panacea for Gus' offense. Either that or we're going to have to have a mediocre QB that can run take us to a 10+ win season for the rest of us to believe that it is.

I would prefer the latter to the former

Just wanted to post this here, especially what the coaches told him when they visited him and offered him. Either the coaches are completely lying to him, or the coaches might agree with what I've been saying about needing a Dual--threat QB in Gus' system to be elite. But, yea, attack me all you want, I know nothing about football, even though the coaches are telling Franklin the exact thing I've been saying our offense needs. War Eagle...

John Franklin III put up a monster performance in what was likely his last game of the season, and earned an offer from Auburn the next day.

Franklin rushed for 172 yards on 10 carries with five touchdowns and hit 10-of-16 passes for 119 yards in a score for East Mississippi Community College in a 48-0 road victory over Mississippi Delta Community College on Thursday.

EMCC was then removed from the MACJC playoffs because of a bench-clearing brawl. But the 6-foot, 183-pound Franklin made the most of his performance in front of Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee, and earned an offer on Friday.

"After the game, (Lashlee) talked to my coaching staff and my coaches said they were going to offer me," Franklin said. "I talked to him late last night after they got out of meetings."

Franklin started his career at Florida State, playing the role of former Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall on the scout team prior to the FSU-Auburn BCS national championship game in Jan. 2014. He transferred to EMCC over the summer.

"They say they're missing a run game at the quarterback position and that's what they think I can bring," Franklin said. "At least with Cam Newton and Nick Marshall, that's what they're missing at the position and I feel like I'd be a great fit in their offense."

Franklin, whose only other offer right now is Buffalo, said that the Tigers are atop his list.

"Auburn is definitely my No. 1 school for right now," Franklin said. "I don't plan on making any decisions for right now, but as far as being my top school, they're up there in my No. 1 spot."

He made an unofficial visit to Auburn for its Oct. 3 game against San Jose State.

RELATED: Could Auburn turn up heat on QB John Franklin?

"I liked the atmosphere," Franklin said. "As a quarterback in my situation, that's definitely the type of offense I need to be in. The quarterback situation they have now is definitely appealing to the eye."

Franklin said he will talk it over with his family and decide which one of Auburn's final three home games he'll officially visit for.

He wants to make a decision by December so he can enroll in January. Franklin expects more offers to come.

"My junior college coaches say that a lot of schools will come in November," Franklin said. "It's toward the end of the season and I'm healthy and a lot of my offers will start coming in now like they did last year with (former EMCC, current Ole Miss quarterback) Chad Kelly, when they came in mid-November or late October."

Auburn has a commitment from Woody Barrett of West Orange High School near Orlando. Both Franklin and Barrett would bring a dual-threat dimension to the quarterback position that Auburn does not have on its roster.

EMCC was removed from the playoffs after this brawl on Thursday, which ended the game right before halftime because of numerous ejections.

"It was one of those things that happened," Franklin said. "I felt like it was planned from the get-go. A couple of things happened in pregame that were really uncalled for from their side. Our coaches are appealing the decision from the commissioner so hopefully we get a chance to continue playing but we'll just have to figure it out when we get back on Sunday what direction we'll be moving in."

Just wanted to post this here, especially what the coaches told him when they visited him and offered him. Either the coaches are completely lying to him, or the coaches might agree with what I've been saying about needing a Dual--threat QB in Gus' system to be elite. But, yea, attack me all you want, I know nothing about football, even though the coaches are telling Franklin the exact thing I've been saying our offense needs. War Eagle...

John Franklin III put up a monster performance in what was likely his last game of the season, and earned an offer from Auburn the next day.

Franklin rushed for 172 yards on 10 carries with five touchdowns and hit 10-of-16 passes for 119 yards in a score for East Mississippi Community College in a 48-0 road victory over Mississippi Delta Community College on Thursday.

EMCC was then removed from the MACJC playoffs because of a bench-clearing brawl. But the 6-foot, 183-pound Franklin made the most of his performance in front of Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee, and earned an offer on Friday.

"After the game, (Lashlee) talked to my coaching staff and my coaches said they were going to offer me," Franklin said. "I talked to him late last night after they got out of meetings."

Franklin started his career at Florida State, playing the role of former Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall on the scout team prior to the FSU-Auburn BCS national championship game in Jan. 2014. He transferred to EMCC over the summer.

"They say they're missing a run game at the quarterback position and that's what they think I can bring," Franklin said. "At least with Cam Newton and Nick Marshall, that's what they're missing at the position and I feel like I'd be a great fit in their offense."

Franklin, whose only other offer right now is Buffalo, said that the Tigers are atop his list.

"Auburn is definitely my No. 1 school for right now," Franklin said. "I don't plan on making any decisions for right now, but as far as being my top school, they're up there in my No. 1 spot."

He made an unofficial visit to Auburn for its Oct. 3 game against San Jose State.

"I liked the atmosphere," Franklin said. "As a quarterback in my situation, that's definitely the type of offense I need to be in. The quarterback situation they have now is definitely appealing to the eye."

Franklin said he will talk it over with his family and decide which one of Auburn's final three home games he'll officially visit for.

He wants to make a decision by December so he can enroll in January. Franklin expects more offers to come.

"My junior college coaches say that a lot of schools will come in November," Franklin said. "It's toward the end of the season and I'm healthy and a lot of my offers will start coming in now like they did last year with (former EMCC, current Ole Miss quarterback) Chad Kelly, when they came in mid-November or late October."

Auburn has a commitment from Woody Barrett of West Orange High School near Orlando. Both Franklin and Barrett would bring a dual-threat dimension to the quarterback position that Auburn does not have on its roster.

EMCC was removed from the playoffs after this brawl on Thursday, which ended the game right before halftime because of numerous ejections.

"It was one of those things that happened," Franklin said. "I felt like it was planned from the get-go. A couple of things happened in pregame that were really uncalled for from their side. Our coaches are appealing the decision from the commissioner so hopefully we get a chance to continue playing but we'll just have to figure it out when we get back on Sunday what direction we'll be moving in."

That's great and all, but it doesn't change the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Sean White, so you should just admit it instead of pretending that you do. That is where everyone's beef is with you at the moment.

Having said that, it's clear Gus would rather have a DT qb to run his system. You only need to look at his play calling from yesterday to see that. I honestly feel like Gus only calls a pass play when he feels like he has to, because he is way more in favor of running the ball, like on every single first down. If he doesn't check his stubborn @ss, we'll keep losing games. Personally, I'd rather see us be more of a pass first team with a DT qb that can run if need be, but Gus clearly doesn't see it that way. I believe Sean White is proving that you don't need a DT qb to be elite in Gus's system; you just need a coach that can put his ego aside and change things up when his plays aren't working, receivers that can catch, and a defense.

That's great and all, but it doesn't change the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Sean White, so you should just admit it instead of pretending that you do. That is where everyone's beef is with you at the moment.

Having said that, it's clear Gus would rather have a DT qb to run his system. You only need to look at his play calling from yesterday to see that. I honestly feel like Gus only calls a pass play when he feels like he has to, because he is way more in favor of running the ball, like on every single first down. If he doesn't check his stubborn @ss, we'll keep losing games. Personally, I'd rather see us be more of a pass first team with a DT qb that can run if need be, but Gus clearly doesn't see it hat way

Admit what? Not once have I degraded SW or said something bad about him. I think because I'm not on his bandwagon like all of you guys makes it appear that I'm bad-mouthing him, but in reality I'm not. I've said in the beginning SW is a decent QB who would be great in a UAT or Stanford type of pro-style offense, or heck, even Texas A&M. But, as you said and I have said time and again, that's not our offense, and pass first is not what's made Gus' offense nearly unstoppable. That's been my point this whole time. I think SW would be a perfect fit if we had a top-20 defense and playmakers all around him on offense, but he doesn't, and with what we have RIGHT NOW, SW is only adequate in this type of offense. Drop passes happen all of the time. However, SW is a pocket-passer, and pocket-passers rarely make plays when things break down, and have to rely on others to make it for them. That's where a DT QB makes a difference. They see their first or second option is not there, and they run, which is what makes it so hard to defend. Defenses can't simulate a QB who has speed or power like our past two DT Qbs. All I'm saying is, I see what has kept us in games and what has won championships, and what has made our offenses nearly unstoppable. That's not a knock on SW. Just like JJ, he's not a fit for our type offense Gus wants..

Having said that, it's clear Gus would rather have a DT qb to run his system. You only need to look at his play calling from yesterday to see that. I honestly feel like Gus only calls a pass play when he feels like he has to, because he is way more in favor of running the ball, like on every single first down. If he doesn't check his stubborn @ss, we'll keep losing games. Personally, I'd rather see us be more of a pass first team with a DT qb that can run if need be, but Gus clearly doesn't see it hat way

Admit what? Not once have I degraded SW or said something bad about him. I think because I'm not on his bandwagon like all of you guys makes it appear that I'm bad-mouthing him, but in reality I'm not. I've said in the beginning SW is a decent QB who would be great in a UAT or Stanford type of pro-style offense, or heck, even Texas A&M. But, as you said and I have said time and again, that's not our offense, and pass first is not what's made Gus' offense nearly unstoppable. That's been my point this whole time. I think SW would be a perfect fit if we had a top-20 defense and playmakers all around him on offense, but he doesn't, and with what we have RIGHT NOW, SW is only adequate in this type of offense. Drop passes happen all of the time. However, SW is a pocket-passer, and pocket-passers rarely make plays when things break down, and have to rely on others to make it for them. That's where a DT QB makes a difference. They see their first or second option is not there, and they run, which is what makes it so hard to defend. Defenses can't simulate a QB who has speed or power like our past two DT Qbs. All I'm saying is, I see what has kept us in games and what has won championships, and what has made our offenses nearly unstoppable. That's not a knock on SW. Just like JJ, he's not a fit for our type offense Gus wants..

Just so we're clear, saying, "Seriously, you guys need to let the SW thing go...He's an adequate QB, that's it...he's a filler," is degrading Sean and saying something bad about him. It completely discounts his skills and potential.

Though I mostly agree with the rest of your post. If we had a better supporting cast we'd be killing it. But a good pocket passer like Sean can buy us time and yardage just like a DT can, but in a different way. He can sit in the pocket (if his o-line is good enough) and stall until a receiver gets open ( if the receivers are good enough). Since we don't have that kind of support, we aren't really able to make things happen. So yes, it seems we need a DT guy until that sort of thing does start to happen.

I'll say this too though, if we have to continually rely on DT QBs to overcome these types of deficiencies, we will struggle for years to come.

Archived