Stripe the Stadium..well done

TigerOne

It did look good in person. And I have never heard that stadium that loud. The big screen really bounces the noise around. It was LOUD.

I was there and it was one of the quieter games I've been to. I didn't find it even remotely loud. Try an iron bowl of you thought that was even kind of loud. It gets a whole heck of a lot louder than that. I've left there with hearing issues after the game on multiple occasions.

I really liked the stripe turn out from the ariel view that red gave us. Still proud the fans turned out the way they did despite the momentum of this team.

It did look good in person. And I have never heard that stadium that loud. The big screen really bounces the noise around. It was LOUD.

I was there and it was one of the quieter games I've been to. I didn't find it even remotely loud. Try an iron bowl of you thought that was even kind of loud. It gets a whole heck of a lot louder than that. I've left there with hearing issues after the game on multiple occasions.

I've been to many games. And at times it did get really loud yesterday.

The commentators remarked a few times how loud it was. I imagine it's not quite as loud as an Iron Bowl or a meaningful game vs Florida or Georgia, but the crowd sounded pretty good on TV.

I was there and was very impressed that the stadium was pretty full before kickoff and special props to the students! It didn't rival an Iron Bowl but from my seat in sec 2 it was pretty loud especially with the 11 kickoff. Also, sitting right behind the bench this was the most animation I have seen from the players on the sidelines this year. The stripes looked pretty cool I thought.

I thought the striping was a little lacking...but we'll do better next time, to be positive. It did sound really loud. It also set ESPN record for noon game

I watched it on TV... the crowd did seem louder than usual. I think it even helped to cause a delay of game?

As for orange and white stripes instead of orange and blue, I think it would look too much like Neyland.

I was getting kind of pissed at some of our fans. Some big third downs and these people were not yelling or standing. Guess we are realizing we have nothing to play for except the Birmingham Bowl. Definitely go to an iron bowl when we are actually good, Jordan Hare is LOUD. Hasn't really been terribly loud all season after Jack State exposed us. In 2010 that entire season every single game became bigger and man was that 2013 iron bowl loud.

WDE

I watched it on TV... the crowd did seem louder than usual. I think it even helped to cause a delay of game?

As for orange and white stripes instead of orange and blue, I think it would look too much like Neyland.

And Clemson....

Eh, maybe a 7.5 on a loudness scale. For some reason Auburn/Florida '06 sticks out in my memory as one of the loudest.

I played along, but honestly, the stripe thing is way too gimmicky to me. Very Big 10. If they do it again, I'm won't be participating.

I played along, but honestly, the stripe thing is way too gimmicky to me. Very Big 10. If they do it again, I'm won't be participating.

What was so gimmicky about it?

You are one out of 87,000. It won't matter if you don't.

The striping worked, but there were speckles of white and opposite colors , which gave it a sort of grainy effect. Which was odd, when watching on HD . :laugh:

AU's colors are navy blue and burnt orange. Please make a note of it.

What was so gimmicky about it?

I came to watch football. It just seems like another gimmicky thing to get the fans "involved". I want the fans screaming and making the place loud. I don't care whether you wear orange, blue or anything Auburn at all. There's teams that have this as a part of their tradition (see, Penn State with the white out), but at Auburn it just seems odd and out of place. JMO.

You are one out of 87,000. It won't matter if you don't.

I agree. At our tailgate, I was not in the minority on this opinion. Most played along this time, but basically thought it was rather dumb and said they wouldn't be doing it next time. Even though overall this might be a minority opinion, my guess is the "striping" isn't as successful the next time around.

Wow surprised at the amount "not doing it next time" posts. I think the striping was epic and shows the participation of fans and the pride they have in the team. It's also a reason why kids and families like going to the games. Call it a gimmick if you want, but don't be that guy.

I thought the striping was a little lacking...but we'll do better next time, to be positive. It did sound really loud. It also set ESPN record for noon game

Set a record for a noon game? What record?

Set a record for a noon game? What record?

I'm assuming tv ratings for viewers. Just a guess

My girl was there and she said it wasn't like dead or anything and on 3rd downs it was was loud and intense.

Archived