Golloway's Presser

LIVE on Persicope: https://www.periscop...5932TnrmGugwlI= / https://www.periscope.tv/w/1djGXBoqgbLxZ(via @JamesCrepea)

Sunny Golloway's legal team has provided the media w/ a copy of his terminated contract w/ Auburn & 2 sworn affidavits.

Jenkins' affidavit addresses six different allegations against Golloway that led to his termination with cause from Auburn.

6 allegations: 1) weight room incident that Golloway improperly permitted players to work out that weren't medically cleared.

Allegation 2 - Golloway permitted players, who were not medically cleared, to pitch in bullpen.

Allegation 3 - Golloway improperly arranged/allowed an "all-star" game to take place during a summer baseball camp.

Allegation 4 - Golloway failed to timely remove campers from playing field after being informed of lightning in the area.

Allegation 5 - Golloway knew about a non-coaching staff volunteer assistant participating in coaching activities.

Allegation 6 - Golloway did not keep Auburn's internal investigation about him and his program confidential.

@matthewcstevens

Here in Birmingham for press conference for former Auburn baseball coach Sunny Golloway

Golloway' lawyer: "I think Auburn's athletic department is rotten, and it needs cleansing"

Golloway: I don't want Auburn to be the last place I coached. ... I was absolutely shocked when I was called in

CS1Q43tW4AA6EAU.jpg

Golloway says Jacobs fired him and told him "I don't plan on giving you a dime, brother."

Golloway's attorney provided two signed affidavits from Trent Mummey and Ryan Jenkins

Golloway says he was told he was fired for not reporting NCAA violations. Says he isn't aware of violations and doesn't know how to respond

Golloway says he was told he failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance at Auburn

Golloway says he told Jay Jacobs he was displeased with the investigation. Claims Jacobs told him he wasn't aware of any investigation

Golloway reiterates he was never aware of any NCAA violations

Golloway on "conspiracy" to get rid of him: I believe Jacobs listened to the people around him that wanted me gone

Golloway says he wanted to replace Scott Duval in July and expressed as much to athletic department

Golloway: Do I think Jay had all the facts? I don't. ... I don't think he had all the facts.

Golloway's attorney says on Oct. 22 he received a letter informing him that Golloway would not be reinstated or given severance

Golloway: Those players and I loved each other. It was a far cry from the first team I inherited. I had a lot of cleaning up to do.

Golloway says 39-40 players were at his house by time he got home from Jacobs' office day he was fired

Probably should have cleared more space on my recorder this morning...

@AUBlog

Portion of affidavit of former Auburn baseball strength & conditioning coach Phillip Ryan Jenkins

CS1Ock0WEAElWt3.jpg

Sunny Golloway: "I still don't know of NCAA violations, to this day."

Sunny Golloway claims someone won an informal bet claiming he'd be fired earlier in week he was terminated. "Baffled" person would know this

So far we've talked about hats and green tea. And some baseball, golf and lots more.

@JamesCrepea

Golloway is now on a tangent about the number of caps/uniforms that Auburn baseball worn.

This is damn near painful to watch. Seriously. This is some bad straw-grasping.

"Josh Palacios is a 'Dominican-like player...who is from New York" - Golloway, channeling his inner Collin Cowherd

CSG basically admits that a player pitched when he was not medically cleared, it was taped, and CSG wanted the tape erased.

Now Golloway is throwing Dalton Rentz under the bus.

There's a lot of "this issue was THIS guy's problem/fault and not mine" from Golloway.

"Oh, there was a violation with a pitcher? Well, Tom handles the pitchers. Not me. Not my problem."

Apparently someone bet Joe Beckwith $100 that Golloway was going to be fired. Beckwith lost.

"I don't run our camps" - Golloway Yet he gets a cut from them.

Originally we heard there were 6 specific allegations. We're now on allegation like 13 brought up by Golloway himself.

"The guy running the camp? He was watching a soccer game instead." - CSG

"We didn't have an all-star game. We had a game afterwards that we only selected a few players to play in." - CSG (So, an All-Star Game)

"There wasn't an extra coach there. That guy was just a job shadow. Just some dude. " Paraphrasing Sunny Golloway

Golloway is now accusing Mississippi State of telling recruits that Auburn baseball was under NCAA investigation.

That Joe Beckwith/Golf course thing really go under Golloway's skin apparently.

Golloway has brought up Scott Duval's name again. Essentially to accuse Duval of employer-fraud.

"I don't run our camps. They have my name on them, but I don't run them" -Paraphrasing Sunny Golloway

Golloway says he fired Scott Foxhall after a year of testing him as a coach in the SECt. Foxhall has already coached at Auburn for 3 years

For a coach who "demanded excellence" at all times, Golloway had a lot of things in his program he has no idea about.

Golloway says after the "bad camp" that he said he wasn't going to pay Duval/Hunter Vick for the camp. That's cold-blooded.

"Was I there? I don't remember. I mean...maybe I was. I don't remember. I could have been" -Paraphrasing CSG

Golloway can't remember if he watched Dalton Rentz pitch, but he remembers the 1st time he drank green tea. This is absurd now.

The "waving a hand in a cutting motion around your neck" means "no one is hitting" and NOT "stop recording". -Paraphrasing CSG

"I don't know of any violations that occurred...but I did self-report some things" -Paraphrasing Sunny Golloway

Golloway says there is confusion as to what's an "NCAA Violation" and "What's a School Policy Violation" and "What's sexual harassment"

FYI, Golloway's last check from Auburn was for $21,875 on September 30th.

So Golloway was fired on September 27th, but was still paid 3 days later and paid a good amount.

The best part of the press conference right now is the TV camera guy who just said "screw it" and started packing up.

"There are always 2 side to the street" - Sunny Golloway

Golloway is now bringing up: A Basset Hound Coach Toby Keith (Proud 'Merican) Joe Simpson (the Braves color guy)

@AUPPL

Claimed to not be hiding anything but then states he told his coaches to delete film? Alright Sunny...

Someone take the shovel from Sunny. He continues to dig himself a hole in this presser...

"Couple players whispered some things to me that I won't repeat"

"[insert man's name], but this isn't name dropping"

Now we're talking about Sunny's dog? Where the heck have we gone in this last hour??

@Clintau24

Golloway is showing, by bad example, how much a coach needs to keep up with from a compliance perspective. Part of the job.

Golloway: 40 of 47 players came to his house after he was fired.

Moments like that press conference are why you get into sports journalism, folks.

@John_P_Carvalho

Allegation number 5 is true, also, who in the hell advised him to hold a press conference? It was truly painful to watch.

Sunny Golloway is now talking about the rumor of an affair. This is truly a fascinating press conference.

We just had our first Toby Keith name drop from Sunny Golloway

@bmarcello

:blink:

My previous support of him is leading to some serious self reflection........ :abmbu:

:blink:

My previous support of him is leading to some serious self reflection........ :abmbu:

Yep, I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt most of the way....but someone is really giving him bad advice IMO.

No matter what JJ allegedly said about "no money"....there is always the chance to negotiate some kind of settlement that is not disclosed. AU not looking good perhaps but he has hurt himself quite a bit by going public with this stuff. Coaches are "hired to be fired" ...and to be hired again by someone else. That's just the way it is ...as long as the coach goes about it the right way....look at Kiffin's trail of coaching slots.

JMO but he's screwed himself with this presser....and will scare off schools that might have given him another shot.

Auburn Athletic Dept releases a statement:

"Coach Golloway was dismissed for violating rules and the terms of his contract. Auburn Baseball has moved on."

Haha. Like a bause.

Auburn Athletic Dept releases a statement:

"Coach Golloway was dismissed for violating rules and the terms of his contract. Auburn Baseball has moved on."

Haha. Like a bause.

SNAP....

I love it. No need to address anything Golloway said in his presser. Just we've moved on....I'm sure Auburn has an attorney handling things if something should arise.

Will be interested if csg has new council in the next day or 2 ... My guess is his old council may fire him???

I bet he did this presser against the advice of his legal advisers. Nothing good could have come from this for him. His ego may have gotten the best of him.

Know nothing here....but it seems interesting that the ones presiding over this also preside over the roller coaster football program. Far too much drama and lack of consistency in the premier athletic programs....

Know nothing here....but it seems interesting that the ones presiding over this also preside over the roller coaster football program. Far too much drama and lack of consistency in the premier athletic programs....

Have you seen USEw or UT Longhorns programs lately. Talk about a cluster/drama

I think we need to let Jerry Springer decide this.

For sure. That would be entertaining. Imagine the $$$$ that could be generated. :)

Truly painful to watch

Well hello Jonesy. Miss your posts hope you are doing OK.

All is well. Trying to enjoy the season in its current state

I can't believe that Coach Golloway's attorney would let him just stand there and ramble like that. He is not helping the case (if there is one) at all. Best of luck to him. Auburn Baseball has moved on and in a more positive direction.

Whoa, easy now.

There was never any indication that this particular coach might not be qualified (unlike Chizik) or a good fit (unlike Barbee). Certainly this caught Jacobs straight out of left field.

Jethro.gif

Archived