why No tight End plays?

shabby

Because we have beasts that should be playing tailback wasting away at hback/tightend.

Who? Where?

Pettway.

what have you seen to say he should be playing tailback?

6'0" 235, physical beast, great receiver out of the backfield, and ran over a couple of guys against Arkansas. Remember when we ran three straight running plays in one of the OT

periods against Arky? He was the one that blew up Arky's dline on those plays. He should be given a shot.

Based on those parameters Braden Smith should be playing tailback. he is even bigger and better blocker

Don't know about running back but wish we could clone him and put his athleticism on DL as well.

What TE? Seriously? Harris and Laye (both freshmen) are the only scholarship TEs on the team.

Yep, and our two fullbacks (or H-backs) are also freshmen and have only been targeted a few times. The last time that we had our FB/HB get a bunch of touches was Eric Smith, who had great hands, and Mario Fannin.

One of many questions about things missing from Malzahn Offense lately. The Wheel Route, Bubble Screen, Quick Slant and Jet Sweep have all but disappeared.

Isn't it interesting that all of these plays were seen tonight and the offense clicked. Good job by Coach Malzahn and Coach Lashlee.

One of many questions about things missing from Malzahn Offense lately. The Wheel Route, Bubble Screen, Quick Slant and Jet Sweep have all but disappeared.

Exactly!!! I wish a reporter would ask him why these plays have been shelved!!!!

never mind that two of the four plays were executed brilliantly tonight :-\

Exactly!!! I wish a reporter would ask him why these plays have been shelved!!!!

never mind that two of the four plays were executed brilliantly tonight :-\

Actually we ran all four of them an executed brilliantly at the perfect times.

never mind that two of the four plays were executed brilliantly tonight :-\/>

we certainly did

Because we have beasts that should be playing tailback wasting away at hback/tightend.

Who? Where?

Pettway.

Who would you suggest he take carries away from?

Roc.

Who? Where?

Pettway.

Who would you suggest he take carries away from?

Roc.

Roc has had 1 carry in the last 3 games. I don't see many opportunities for Pettway to carry the football right now.

never mind that two of the four plays were executed brilliantly tonight :-\/>

we certainly did

I was elated to see that quick slant used.

This is when I wonder is it a height arm strength thing. Seems like the slants are called for JJ, seem as if sideline throws are more called for SW. But that's just my opinion I could be wrong

This is when I wonder is it a height arm strength thing. Seems like the slants are called for JJ, seem as if sideline throws are more called for SW. But that's just my opinion I could be wrong

Great point. Marshall had a ton of trouble with balls getting batted (well, except that one time...) and sometimes I wonder if it's still affecting how Gus calls the game.

I think it also has to do with Jeremy having a quicker release. Jeremy is definitely a better option in the quick-release timing pattern game. Sean is better at stepping up in the pocket and picking his target.

I wish I could say it was a stroke of genius on Gus's part to play Jeremy on Saturday, considering we needed to negate a stellar pass rush, but I'm pretty sure the injury made the decision.

I'm glad they didn't announce the QB situation until right before game time. It seemed like A&M was completely unprepared for the offensive game plan and we capitalized on it.

Possibly, our backfield has guys w/ WR-caliber hands suited for passing routes usually reserved for TE's - plus (as previously mentioned) our TE's are young. That Calhoun, GA TE comes in next year but he looks ready for prime time IMO. The Jet sweep may have temporarily disappeared until our WR's become more consistent at holding a block without "holding".

hieght, absolutely. arm strength and quick release no.

I was thinking that but then I think on the one td pass, if it wasn't slung in there as fast as it was does he score because he barely got in when he did

I think it also has to do with Jeremy having a quicker release. Jeremy is definitely a better option in the quick-release timing pattern game. Sean is better at stepping up in the pocket and picking his target.

I wish I could say it was a stroke of genius on Gus's part to play Jeremy on Saturday, considering we needed to negate a stellar pass rush, but I'm pretty sure the injury made the decision.

I agree 100% it was the injury why jj played. But I also think about you know how SW has a little wind up on long throws and he has a tendency to hold the ball a little long. That could've been bad this particular game. There's hardly any side stepping Garrett once he's there it's a problem

I agree 100% it was the injury why jj played. But I also think about you know how SW has a little wind up on long throws and he has a tendency to hold the ball a little long. That could've been bad this particular game. There's hardly any side stepping Garrett once he's there it's a problem

Yes, exactly my point. The injury may have been a blessing in disguise. Sean's methodical style has a lot to do with why he is so accurate, but it could be a nightmare when he's facing a top pass rush. Hopefully he'll get faster as he progresses.

Archived