24 Black Missouri Football Players Will Boycott Football Activities

cptau

The Left are eating their own, so that's kinda funny. Larry Summers 2.0

Go BYU !

everyhing isn't based on the right/ left.

And que the dumb 2 cent retort by EMT....

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go BYU !

First of all, universities breed the sort of crap. This is nothing but groupthink mob rule.

Second of all, tell everyone who wins from this turn of events. The president, what did he do that was so egregious? I've yet to hear anyone explain that.

PS This is a left vs more left issue.

Go BYU !

First of all, universities breed the sort of crap. This is nothing but groupthink mob rule.

Second of all, tell everyone who wins from this turn of events. The president, what did he do that was so egregious? I've yet to hear anyone explain that.

Ive been wondering about the latter myself. Doesn't mean this is a right/ left situation. I've been saying this the whole time.

Go BYU !

This one is.

I am not shocked that he resigned. It was best for him and for the University of Missouri. Although, I have yet to see any proof that he is responsible for the reasons of the protests and what he, personally, could do to improve the perceived injustices. So, he resigned. What does that do to improve the situation? The only demand met was he resigned and apologized for not immediately stopping the perceived injustices that he had basically no control over. Some of the demands were being worked out before the protest. Two instances of black students being called n? How many of the black football players protesting have called each other n since this protest began. I can all but assure you that it is more than 2. And how in the heck is the president of the university responsible for people using the n word. He isn't and has no way to control that. Are there injustices at the University of Missouri. I am sure there are. One of them is that this man is the scapegoat for them.

There may actually be a parallel universe in which something the president did to deserve this sort of reaction. Then I could be on board and actually support something like this.

But that's not the world we're living in today.

Wonder if Butler ate a big ass cheeseburger...

I hate that Wolfe gave in.

If they are pissed about the insurance subsidies, blame the feds

If you are pissed b/c some drunk guy called you a name, then good grief, bless your heart

I am not shocked that he resigned. It was best for him and for the University of Missouri. Although, I have yet to see any proof that he is responsible for the reasons of the protests and what he, personally, could do to improve the perceived injustices. So, he resigned. What does that do to improve the situation? The only demand met was he resigned and apologized for not immediately stopping the perceived injustices that he had basically no control over. Some of the demands were being worked out before the protest. Two instances of black students being called n? How many of the black football players protesting have called each other n since this protest began. I can all but assure you that it is more than 2. And how in the heck is the president of the university responsible for people using the n word. He isn't and has no way to control that. Are there injustices at the University of Missouri. I am sure there are. One of them is that this man is the scapegoat for them.

Yes but its their word......They can use it on each other......for profit.....geeeez

Missouri has had other problems getting and keeping presidents. Their previous president was Gary Forsee who prior to becoming the Missouri president had been the CEO of Sprint. He for forced to resign from Sprint after a disastrous merger with Nextel. Once at Missouri he worked a controversial outsourcing deal between the university and Cerner.

Also the president is over the entire University of Missouri system (Columbia, St Louis, Kansas City, Rolla), not just the campus at University of Missouri-Columbia.

I think this has been all about nothing. I still haven't seen any injustices that would require a resignation. I also wonder if the bot put together a severance.

I think this has been all about nothing. I still haven't seen any injustices that would require a resignation. I also wonder if the bot put together a severance.

Yes, The BOT are the ones that probably freaked out over this. Paying him to leave was the out. They pay coaches to leave, by not presidents.

I also heard that the basketball team declined to join the boycott. They apparently have a better chance of winning. The football team will likely lose the last three games no matter what.

Yes, The BOT are the ones that probably freaked out over this. Paying him to leave was the out. They pay coaches to leave, by not presidents.

I also heard that the basketball team declined to join the boycott. They apparently have a better chance of winning. The football team will likely lose the last three games no matter what.

I was being facetious about that before....I guess winning a basketball game is higher priority than race relations. And their team sucked lasts year.

Cleaned up the personal stuff. Stay on subject.

Most of it anyway....nice work.........

Some of the privilege stuff is valid, but some of it is not, and there is less privilege today than in the past.

There has been progress, but less progress than rightfully expected, and other racial groups have seen greater progress than blacks and Hispanics. That is why there is so much racial stress today among the young. Something seems wrong. People feel passed by.

At some point people will wake up and ask why the Civil Rights Act was such an abject failure. Why, fifty years later (two generations), do we still need affirmative action? Or perhaps, more accurately, why doesn't affirmative action work to broadly lift up a class of people? What happened? What went wrong?

The problems and answers are deeper than anything that can be found on a college campus.

Some of the privilege stuff is valid, but some of it is not, and there is less privilege today than in the past.

There has been progress, but less progress than rightfully expected, and other racial groups have seen greater progress than blacks and Hispanics. That is why there is so much racial stress today among the young. Something seems wrong. People feel passed by.

At some point people will wake up and ask why the Civil Rights Act was such an abject failure. Why, fifty years later (two generations), do we still need affirmative action? Or perhaps, more accurately, why doesn't affirmative action work to broadly lift up a class of people? What happened? What went wrong?

The problems and answers are deeper than anything that can be found on a college campus.

Perhaps the depth of the hole we put these folks in is deeper than you realize.

Perhaps the depth of the hole we put these folks in is deeper than you realize.

First of all, there is no " we " here. WE didn't put anyone anywhere. The USA is a country where those straight off a boat, and not a word of English on their tongues, or any govt support system, can come here , work hard, get an education, and make something of themselves.

Those who have been lied to, and told they are OWED this or that, and feel no real particular need to fend for themselves, ...well, sorry, they have themselves to blame. Not any group.

First of all, there is no " we " here. WE didn't put anyone anywhere. The USA is a country where those straight off a boat, and not a word of English on their tongues, or any govt support system, can come here , work hard, get an education, and make something of themselves.

Pretty funny, you telling folks with no boots to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Those who have been lied to, and told they are OWED this or that, and feel no real particular need to fend for themselves, ...well, sorry, they have themselves to blame. Not any group.

That phrase reflects an incurable ignorance of our history.

And you sticking to your false narrative, and claiming others to be ignorant is the real problem of this country.

And BTW - shouldn't the gov of Missouri be forced to resign, and leave office, for the destruction and chaos which took place in Ferguson ? He had a far greater hand in what did / didn't happen, with how he controlled the national guard, didn't he ? I mean, ALL of the state is under his jurisdiction, right ? Unlike the President, who has a say in what happens on the Mizzou campus, but not off of it.

I understand what you are saying but I don't think it was best for him to resign. It sends a bad message.......a few disgruntled students, especially if they are black in a state with a Democratic Gov., can make a lot of noise and bring down the school president. Watch it happen several other places now.

The chancellor of the University of Missouri system has resigned as well.

This has gotten way out of hand. Why not just hand the keys to the university over to the students and let them run it. How long do you think it would last?

Archived