Dinson done for the year.

tomtomwde

Poor kid... Sending prayers...

@JayGTate: CB Jeremiah Dinson tore three ligaments in his left knee, dislocated his knee and dislocated a shoulder. On the same play.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a posterior cruciate ligament injury...much like chubb's

Maybe dislocated the knee initially. Dinson is a fighter. Prayers for his recovery.

Also, terrible call then non-call. If that's not targeting, I don't know what is. Made me sick.

I would be more than willing to bet he tore multiple ligaments.

Yes

https://twitter.com/...130308074160128

@JayGTate: CB Jeremiah Dinson tore three ligaments in his left knee, dislocated his knee and dislocated a shoulder. On the same play.

Really hate to hear this.

Dang. Hope to read a story about how Seals-Jones reached out to him and showed concern, but not holding my breath after how he acted on the sideline while Jones was being tended to. Also hope the NCAA takes note of that kind of over the top blocking.

Dang. Hope to read a story about how Seals-Jones reached out to him and showed concern, but not holding my breath after how he acted on the sideline while Jones was being tended to. Also hope the NCAA takes note of that kind of over the top blocking.

:angry:LINK

1a3d07_df319afa6a1146d5bb98ce6ba2fdb12f.png1a3d07_c462ac299eb54cbb96623ba3a4c43530.png

I think the SEC Network did a horrible job with this during the telecast. They showed the replay over and over. I knew it was bad from the first replay. both Palmer and Brett had no idea what was going on. both were analyzing if it was targeting or not on Murray. then they brought out the air cast and put him on the cart and one of them said something to the likes of "i hope its not bad and he can come back later". it made me so mad as I was watching Prayers for the kid.

:angry:/> LINK

1a3d07_df319afa6a1146d5bb98ce6ba2fdb12f.png1a3d07_c462ac299eb54cbb96623ba3a4c43530.png

dont hate on RSJ because Countess did the same thing.

I think the SEC Network did a horrible job with this during the telecast. They showed the replay over and over. I knew it was bad from the first replay. both Palmer and Brett had no idea what was going on. both were analyzing if it was targeting or not on Murray. then they brought out the air cast and put him on the cart and one of them said something to the likes of "i hope its not bad and he can come back later". it made me so mad as I was watching Prayers for the kid.

And then spoke their concern for Murray over and over again for the rest of the telecast. Unreal.

This was countess' post game trash talk

http://collegespun.c...-after-big-game

I have a feeling that Countess is going to be in Gus's dog house this week.

After all the stupid crap that has gone on this season, doghouse better be a penthouse.

I was not talking about Countess. My point is --- RSJ didn't wish Dinson (Not Countess) a speedy full recovery.

I was not talking about Countess. My point is --- RSJ didn't wish Dinson (Not Countess) a speedy full recovery.

Oh I got your point and, yes, Seals-Jones is currently coming across like a thug, no doubt. I would think that the SEC/NCAA could figure that out now that he's blindsided 2 defenders.

I was just saying that since Countess kind of started it on Twitter and Gus is all about winning with class, he's probably going to have some repercussions to deal with.

I guess I am going to play devils advocate but when there is a picture of an opponent standing over his teammate's body, a true freshman's body, I wouldn't either. And Countess knocked out Murray on what WarTiger called an illegal hit. I didn't see any remorse there either.

And truly, when people play football, a violent sport, is the opponent wishing another opponent a successful recovery a norm or an exception to the norm? I didn't realize that it was required now.

Oh I got your point and, yes, Seals-Jones is currently coming across like a thug, no doubt. I would think that the SEC/NCAA could figure that out now that he's blindsided 2 defenders.

I was just saying that since Countess kind of started it on Twitter and Gus is all about winning with class, he's probably going to have some repercussions to deal with.

Countess didn't post a picture of him targeting at Kyler Murray and RSJ posted a picture of him and Dinson with a tragic injury. Different reaction.

And truly, when people play football, a violent sport, is the opponent wishing another opponent a successful recovery a norm or an exception to the norm?

It's the norm when and Auburn player does it, even when it isn't intentional. See the Arkansas game.

countess made a good, textbook hit

He did not put that dude out for the rest of the reason (possibly more) and then celebrate the hit on the sideline while the injured player was getting carted off of the field

Not even comparable

Looks like a posterior cruciate ligament injury...much like chubb's

Maybe dislocated the knee initially. Dinson is a fighter. Prayers for his recovery.

Also, terrible call then non-call. If that's not targeting, I don't know what is. Made me sick.

Does the athletic dept. have any avenue to file a complaint with the referee organization?

countess made a good, textbook hit

He did not put that dude out for the rest of the reason (possibly more) and then celebrate the hit on the sideline while the injured player was getting carted off of the field

Not even comparable

I was talking about the trash talk; I thought that was obvious but maybe not. The only thing that isn't comparable is the amount of rehab between Dinson and Murray because they both resulted from blows to the head.

That was a brutal injury to Dinson...watched one replay and that was more than enough for me. He's got a tough road ahead...good that he is young and will have some first class medical assistance.

The intent of the rule is to protect defenseless players...the call on the field should have stood as called. If the intent of the rule is to protect a defenseless player and deter head shots, then the review part of this should go away and the call on the field should be the only call...this would certainly cause players to stop this type of tackle/block. If you truly want to change behavior, do away with the review. Seems simple to me...

Hate it for Dinson. He was really coming on, and he has a long recovery in front of him.

I have a sneaking suspicion this game is going to be chippy as hell next year in light of both Countess' post-game trash talking, RSJ's cheap shot, and his responsive trash talk glorifying the injury. This one might be nasty next year.

At the end of the broadcast, Musberger commented further on Murray and had the gall to suggest they didn't talk enough about his injury when it happened. Zilch about Dinson who had to be carted off the field.

Archived