Ole Miss Recruitting

JFDTiger80

I guess Ole Miss beating Bama two years in a row made the REC have enough. The REC took it upon themselves to restore the worlds natural order.

REC > Ole Mi$$

Disclaimer It's just humor. No need in having an argument

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess Ole Miss beating Bama two years in a row made the REC have enough. The REC took it upon themselves to restore the worlds natural order.

REC > Ole Mi$$

tumblr_inline_npe1jvtMkM1sqgfba_250.jpg

OK, so the NCAA has formally notified Ole Miss today of 30 or so football violations. I wonder how many are on the recruiting front. This will be very interesting to follow.

People are saying this was pre-Freeze and encompasses all sports. If true, it could be meaningless in terms of this year's recruiting. But if serious enough, reduction of scholarships could be impending, but I doubt the punishment will be handed down anytime soon.

OK, so the NCAA has formally notified Ole Miss today of 30 or so football violations. I wonder how many are on the recruiting front. This will be very interesting to follow.

People are saying this was pre-Freeze and encompasses all sports. If true, it could be meaningless in terms of this year's recruiting. But if serious enough, reduction of scholarships could be impending, but I doubt the punishment will be handed down anytime soon.

True about the timeline. The only way it affects this years recruiting is if they had any kids who weren't quite sure they wanted to go there. A story like that could certainly scare them into choosing their other favorite. The have been trending up for several players who might have second thoughts, now. The fact that they aren't immediately making the details known, to soften the blow, tells me the details are going to not be good for football.

I bet the football offices phones are blowing up with concerned calls from recruits parents.

3 football infractions, all pre-dating Freeze

Where did that come from? All I've seen is the AD state that they are bound by confidentiality agreements to not disclose any details at this point.

REC > Ole Mi$$

tumblr_inline_npe1jvtMkM1sqgfba_250.jpg

The pattern of the timing is too consistent and has been for years. Those that want to scoff, scoff away. Coach Jordan knew it was real and what was going on back then. Nothing has changed since then except the names of those pulling the strings.

Yeah I think it was a yahoo article that mentioned other SEC schools had supposedly been calling the NCAA to complain about Ole Miss, and that the author surmised that they had had enough. Either they haven't had enough of Bama's cheating yet, they think they stand a chance to beat them on the field every year and end their dynasty, or they know it's pointless to try to hold Bama accountable while Emmert is there; but you have to wonder why nothing is being done about it. Or...do you?

3 football infractions, all pre-dating Freeze

Where did that come from? All I've seen is the AD state that they are bound by confidentiality agreements to not disclose any details at this point.

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2016/1/29/10872546/ole-miss-charged-with-ncaa-violations-per-report?utm_campaign=redcuprebellion&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

5/32 football related.

This is beside the point, but it really hurts to see guys who do better with NFL evaluators than they did with Auburn. Brandon King couldn't get on the field, but he contributes significantly for the Patriots. Jonathan Jones was all-world as a freshman but then seemed to be kind of average -- Davis outplayed him this year. Now he's showing up the Senior Bowl. Corey Grant is still in the league, as are Therezie and Whitehead. All contributed for Auburn, but who saw them as NFL based on their Auburn performances? I might even add Slade into that mix.

This Ole Miss recruiting business is just hard to believe. I just don't see how in the world Hugh Freeze is doing it there.

A program that is historically pitiful lands top flight recruiting class after being under NCAA investigation for a litany of allegations in numerous sports resulting in an official NOA from the NCAA.

While the lenghtly investigation was underway, one of their top football players finds himself in hot water over loaner cars resulting in a brief suspension and the NCAA has to commence a completely seperate NCAA investigation. Said football program still lands a top 5 (FIVE) class a few days ago and the AD at Michgan publically alludes to the fact that Michgan's 5* DT was "given incentives" from a school during his recruitment; basically insinuating that something fishy went on with the other schools that recruited him. Did he mean Ole Miss, Auburn, or Clemson as those were the 5*'s top choices?

I'm sure everything at OleMiss is above board.

Ole Miss cheats. Everyone knows this. The NCAA knows this. Other teams know it. Recruits know it. It's not a secret, nor is it profound or conspiracy. It's also not new. What it is, is incredibly hard to prove.

The difference is not the cheating - this has been going on forever in big time college athletics. The difference is Hugh Freeze, Ross Bjork, and the fact that Ole Miss is now "putting out" like the rest of the big time programs. Let's not go and start calling the kettle black.

Ole Miss cheats. Everyone knows this. The NCAA knows this. Other teams know it. Recruits know it. It's not a secret, nor is it profound or conspiracy. It's also not new. What it is, is incredibly hard to prove.

The difference is not the cheating - this has been going on forever in big time college athletics. The difference is Hugh Freeze, Ross Bjork, and the fact that Ole Miss is now "putting out" like the rest of the big time programs. Let's not go and start calling the kettle black.

The mic drop meme is tired, but it absolutely applies here.

They have a fun O to play in.

They have beaten bama two years in a row.

They are on the rise.

They are an SEC school.

They have a slew of hot girls that go there.

It's a good school.

Girls girls girls

Yep! Those Mississippi women are beautiful, I married one. :thumbsup:/>

I married one some 30 years ago, and had to kick her out the door for cheating on me. She did the best thing in the world for me that allowed me to meet my sweet angel from NC, and has been with me going on 29 years! I guess this is one reason why I despise OM. Freeze is a good coach that will likely be the next coach at Texas after Strong is let go after next season.

My son's wife is a UT graduate and comes from a family of Texas alums who have lots of $$$$$. I talked extensively with her dad during Thanksgiving in San Antonio, and he pretty much told that Strong has to win 11 games next season and beat Oklahoma to stay on the job. Texas is likely the richest school with regard to alumni base. They make bammer and the REC-TAL look like rejects at the Goodwill store.

Texas alums want Freeze in a bad way and will pay him far more than OM could ever dream of coming up with. Saban could be at UT right now and be earing $8 + million per year. Freeze will leave OM at the drop of the hat for UT and the opportunity to earn $8 plus million and a far better chance at winning at NC. This is one prediction that the Doc will stand by with a 99% guarantee on this one!

Still think this will blow over. It will be interesting to see how many of those are tied to Tunsil, and how many are secondary violations, which Ole Miss likely self reported anyway.

I'm thinking Death Penalty Barn.............................

Still think this will blow over. It will be interesting to see how many of those are tied to Tunsil, and how many are secondary violations, which Ole Miss likely self reported anyway.

Ole Miss assistant director of recruiting resigned. U of Texas fired a former Ole Miss coach who has his name attached to this. There sure is a lot of fire.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, there is definitely something going on that is shady. Freeze isn't that charismatic.

bump

Archived