Ole Miss Recruitting

JFDTiger80

Any idea why he would leave Florida commitment?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, toddc said:

Any idea why he would leave Florida commitment?

Not the best fit for a Dan Mullen offense.

I'd laugh if a Justin Fields flip to Florida was coming too.

Link

Something fishy here. Doesn't make any sense. It's not his preferred offense, he thinks Oxford is just like California, and he's trusting his future to a team without much talent? That's really.... odd.

Long Beach (Calif.) Poly four-star quarterback Matt Corral has committed to the University of Mississippi.

“A lot played into this. Coach Matt Luke is a family-oriented guy,” said Corral. “I figured I wouldn’t miss a beat if I went there from California. It’s like home. The offense they run, it may not be what I’ve said in the past, but talking to people I trust and those I believe in, I know this won’t be a bad decision for me. That offense will help me show off my talents on the biggest stage. Plus, and to top it all off, this is the SEC West.”

21 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Link

Something fishy here. Doesn't make any sense. It's not his preferred offense, he thinks Oxford is just like California, and he's trusting his future to a team without much talent? That's really.... odd.

Long Beach (Calif.) Poly four-star quarterback Matt Corral has committed to the University of Mississippi.

“A lot played into this. Coach Matt Luke is a family-oriented guy,” said Corral. “I figured I wouldn’t miss a beat if I went there from California. It’s like home. The offense they run, it may not be what I’ve said in the past, but talking to people I trust and those I believe in, I know this won’t be a bad decision for me. That offense will help me show off my talents on the biggest stage. Plus, and to top it all off, this is the SEC West.”

Please put recruit topics in the recruiting forum. Thank you

Wow, obviously FL feels they are going in another direction. Hard to believe he chose Ole Miss as his backup. Seems like other big programs would want this kid that don't currently has NCAA sanctions against them.

Kid seems like a glutton for punishment.  Committed to a dumpster fire offense at UF, then jumps into another dumpster fire at OM...he must be codependent.

The no talent thing is far from true. If he plays next year (and that's up in the air with Jordan Ta'amu returning), he'll share the field with the SEC's best WR group, by far. AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, and DeMarkus Lodge have all indicated they are staying at Ole Miss. No one matches that group in the SEC (or probably the country).

Still, he's making a move similar to Christian Hackenberg is choosing to pilot a team as it bears the brunt of scholarship reductions. Even if Corral stays four years, I'm not sure he'll ever play for an 85-scholarship roster. I'd need to do the math, but I think that's correct.

He is right about one thing though. Matt Luke is a family-oriented, good man.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Why facepalm @WDE_OxPx_2010? Other mods politely ask things like putting topics in appropriate forums or adding articles to links a good bit. I was just following suit.

Facepalm as in "DOH! my bad". I forget about the Rivals recruiting section. I never venture over here. Once they gone, they gone.

And I forgot you are known for literal post reading. I guess that applies to emojis. My bad, E.

20 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Facepalm as in "DOH! my bad". I forget about the Rivals recruiting section. I never venture over here. Once they gone, they gone.

And I forgot you are known for literal post reading. I guess that applies to emojis. My bad, E.

In this format it's hard to know when a poster is emoji-ing themselves instead of a poster they are quoting since that's the norm. No worries and thanks for clarifying.

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2017 at 11:09 AM, mcgufcm said:

The no talent thing is far from true. If he plays next year (and that's up in the air with Jordan Ta'amu returning), he'll share the field with the SEC's best WR group, by far. AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, and DeMarkus Lodge have all indicated they are staying at Ole Miss. No one matches that group in the SEC (or probably the country).

Still, he's making a move similar to Christian Hackenberg is choosing to pilot a team as it bears the brunt of scholarship reductions. Even if Corral stays four years, I'm not sure he'll ever play for an 85-scholarship roster. I'd need to do the math, but I think that's correct.

He is right about one thing though. Matt Luke is a family-oriented, good man.

I think that our recruiting class of WR's plus the young talent we have at the WR position could match OM's receivers down the road.  I see nothing but speed & more speed from our current and incoming class of receivers. Schwartz will be the fastest WR in the country and will likely see the field early and often in 2018.  I think Matt Luke will make a fairly decent  coach in the SEC, but will likely be a 6-6 or 7-5 coach at best for OM.  OM will be a bottom feeder for the foreseeable future.

Archived