Major terrorist attack in Paris happening now.

AURaptor

Developing. Over 30 known dead. Bombs exploding, automatic weapons, and over 100 hostages known.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Praying for the french people.

Hostages using social media to communicate with officials. They are begging officials to raid the theater because terrorists are killing the hostages one by one. Hundred or so hostages and 8 terrorists in the theater.

Hostages need to storm the attackers now. The cops won't just come in their guns blazing without a plan. It'll take time for them to set up and get ready to do something.

Hostages need to storm the attackers now. The cops won't just come in their guns blazing without a plan. It'll take time for them to set up and get ready to do something.

Absolutely. Let's Roll!!!

Concert hall seems to have been breached by authorities, but no official report yet.

Doesn't sound promising.

* Update - 1 arrested by French authorities claims to be Syrian, and that he and others involved were sent by ISIS.

Concert hall seems to have been breached by authorities, but no official report yet.

Doesn't sound promising.

* Update - 1 arrested by French authorities claims to be Syrian, and that he and others involved were sent by ISIS.

They must have been responding to a video.

Doesn't sound promising.

Which no one has yet seen, or heard of ?

I'm gonna steer clear of any more commentary, for tonight. Just the facts.

Doesn't sound promising.

Which no one has yet seen, or heard of ?

I'm gonna steer clear of any more commentary, for tonight. Just the facts.

Agreed. Continuing to Pray for the People of France tonight.

Thread topic side bar - Just a brief break from the events to comment on media coverage. Shep Smith at FOX, I hate to say, is such a drama queen. And by that, I mean he keeps repeating, in slow, dramatic voice,... ' this has never happened - EVER ' , ' for the first time in history ' ... ' not since World War 2 has Paris - the city of Lights - been under a curfew ', etc... Yeah, we get it ! It's a big , serious event, we get that, but enough already w/ the repetition ! FOX got in a quick 10 second video , of the aftermath of the attack at a major mall, and they kept showing it , over and over again. There wasn't much TO see, just folks on the ground, being tended to, one lady in pain, but nothing ( thankfully ) gruesome, or graphic. But what the hell, if it bleeds, they lead w/ it, and of course it was their EXCLUSIVE video... so what ?

Oh, and a quick click over to MSNBC was literally unbelievable. Down playing the attack, claiming it was " just a few, random individuals ". Such was their denial at what literally just took place, even after the arrest of 1 attacker and his confession..

Attacker " I'm Syrian. I am from ISIS. We did this "

msnbc - " Just because ISIS claims to have done this, doesn't mean it was ISIS ".

... but I digress.

Now back to the thread.

Thread topic side bar - Just a brief break from the events to comment on media coverage. Shep Smith at FOX, I hate to say, is such a drama queen. And by that, I mean he keeps repeating, in slow, dramatic voice,... ' this has never happened - EVER ' , ' for the first time in history ' ... ' not since World War 2 has Paris - the city of Lights - been under a curfew ', etc... Yeah, we get it ! It's a big , serious event, we get that, but enough already w/ the repetition ! FOX got in a quick 10 second video , of the aftermath of the attack at a major mall, and they kept showing it , over and over again. There wasn't much TO see, just folks on the ground, being tended to, one lady in pain, but nothing ( thankfully ) gruesome, or graphic. But what the hell, if it bleeds, they lead w/ it, and of course it was their EXCLUSIVE video... so what ?

Oh, and a quick click over to MSNBC was literally unbelievable. Down playing the attack, claiming it was " just a few, random individuals ". Such was their denial at what literally just took place, even after the arrest of 1 attacker and his confession..

Attacker " I'm Syrian. I am from ISIS. We did this "

msnbc - " Just because ISIS claims to have done this, doesn't mean it was ISIS ".

... but I digress.

Now back to the thread.

Yes.......Shep made me think of Nancy Grace.......Not sure I agree with Shep showing graphic photos from cafe....

Yes.......Shep made me think of Nancy Grace.......Not sure I agree with Shep showing graphic photos from cafe....

That's not his call, it's the network's. Megyn Kelly also showed the pic, of bloodied bodies outside a small cafe, with all sorts of warnings and such.

I look at such images as ISIS recruiting material, and don't care for it myself.

Had there been a couple dozen armed, honest citizens scattered around in there, the damage could have been severely limited.

This is just another case of the Mohammedan doing what the Mohammedan has been doing for 1,326 years now. Until we admit this, no matter how unpopular that sort of thinking has become, we will not find the solution.

I've been at the AU Basketball game but been keeping up when I can. The fight we have with terrorism will be a long one. Prayers for the people of Paris, France and everyone involved.

Are they saying death toll upwards of 140?

Makes you wonder when people will understand that bringing boatloads of Muslims from Syria into the US is a recepie to increase the likelihood of this crap happening here.

I hate to sound so "non PC", but I really don't care, but the Muslim lifestyle just isn't compatible with life here and we have to stop thinking that we can " win them over"....

Muslim Extremists want to kill you and all infidels

Moderate Muslims want Muslim Extremists to kill you and all infidels.....

Makes you wonder when people will understand that bringing boatloads of Muslims from Syria into the US is a recepie to increase the likelihood of this crap happening here.

I hate to sound so "non PC", but I really don't care, but the Muslim lifestyle just isn't compatible with life here and we have to stop thinking that we can " win them over"....

The good and honest muslims are not responsible for these attacks. Why do people always lump the good and honest muslims in with the extremist muslims? I know many that are not even close to being extremist. And to say that the Muslim lifestyle isn't compatible here is absurd.

The good and honest muslims are not responsible for these attacks. Why do people always lump the good and honest muslims in with the extremist muslims? I know many that are not even close to being extremist. And to say that the Muslim lifestyle isn't compatible here is absurd.

We'll agree to disagree. Of course you may have some decent individuals, by and large the Muslim religion is the problem. Answer this simple question - why do you never see anything more than a token statement from the "good and honest" Muslims? My biggest issue with "moderates" is the lack of hard line stance against the jihadis. This religion is lead by "Extremists". By and large they don't come to countries like ours to join our culture, they come here to try and change our culture.

As for your last sentence, how does Sharia Law jive with our law? Ask most devout Muslims which takes priority.

Had there been a couple dozen armed, honest citizens scattered around in there, the damage could have been severely limited.

This is just another case of the Mohammedan doing what the Mohammedan has been doing for 1,326 years now. Until we admit this, no matter how unpopular that sort of thinking has become, we will not find the solution.

We seem to have observed a slight uptick over the past 60 or so years, though, no? Wonder what might have brought that about?

Archived