i am a sixty year old geezer and huge auburn fan

aubiefifty

i will catch total hell for this but i will not be watching the iron bowl this year. i love my tigers but i cannot bear watching another loss. my mom and her family are all from auburn and my played for auburn. i will pray and keep my fingers crossed but i just cannot bear another loss. losses hurt me more than most auburn fans. hell at eight year of age i had the run of the city and i still fell magic whenever i ride to auburn. my life is tough enough right now so that i am in a bad place. i love my auburn tigers win lose or draw but i do not want to watch another heartbreak this year. so blast me all you want. it just hurts my heart . i do not expect anyone to understand. this is a first for me. but i wish us the best............

Can't fault you for it, doesn't make you less of a "fan"

Truth is, our coaching on the offensive side of the ball is horrendous to watch. Not to mention the deciphered play calling issues that seem to continually pop up. I'll watch, but I'm not looking forward to our offense destroying our defense in this match up.

If what you say is true, then you lived through the Barfield years. This current, temporary situation isn't that bad. We have a coaching staff in place that has won big before and will win big again. Watch or don't watch, your choice. I'm older than you and I'll be watching.

actually i started watching with pat and terry and then pat and on. i went through the nine years of hell in an alabam flavored town. but this year i got more heart ache than i can handle. i am sure my father would be upset if he knew. but i gotta help myself first.

I always believe an iron bowl victory is possible. Even in 2012 I did. The rivalry is that heated. Records really do go out the window. Anyone remember in 2008 when AU trailed Bama by only a TD at halftime or something like that? It's possible, and Gus always seems to have some tricks up his sleeve for Bama. I'd imagine we see a lot thrown at the tide. Maybe tune in for a little bit? And if it goes south, we ain't fault you for turning it off

actually i started watching with pat and terry and then pat and on. i went through the nine years of hell in an alabam flavored town. but this year i got more heart ache than i can handle. i am sure my father would be upset if he knew. but i gotta help myself first.

I became an Auburn fan as well watching, but mostly listening on the radio back in those days to Pat and Terry.Being one of only a few AU fans in a high school that was 90% or more bammer was really tough during the Barfield era.Probably why I love Pat DYE so much,and hate bama so bad.So I fully understand you and not wanting to watch,but I have learned in the last few years there is more to life than football after my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer,it put things in the proper perspective.It's just no longer life and death for me.Plus you never know when a 17-16 game will come along,but you can always watch the replay.GOOD LUCK to you in your struggles and WAR EAGLE.

Nobody can blame you. However, remember it is a game. You have no control. Live life as a Tiger. WDE!!!

Fifty I'm right on your heels. We have really seen it all as Auburn men. We know the low of the seventys and the exhilaration of the early eighties. We lived long enough to see our Tigers get back to the NC And win it all and now we suffer through these SEC losses. So it really is all good. Hopefully we will live long enough to see our Tigers on top again, but if not, I'm just thankful we made it until now. It's been a helluva ride.

Well think about the highs of the 50's National Championship and mediocre 60's. I have seen everything that can possibility happen with AU football. Slammer want to back me up??

Makes one want to cry to see our players have to deal with this coaching.

:-\

Archived