New Williams and Danjel Purifoy

Turd Ferguson

Anybody have anything on the status of New and Danjel?

I know New is nursing a knee. Any indication as to when he will be back?

Danjel is waiting on the NCAA Academic Clearinghouse. Anybody have any clue as to when that ruling will come down.

Seriously, these two cats may be the best players on the team and they are not on the floor, yet the team is looking light years improved from last year. Imagine if we can get both of these guys in the playing rotation as well! Could be a NCAA bubble team or better!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anybody knew this information it would already be posted. However Purifoy is NOT waiting on the NCAA clearinghouse or any other group within the NCAA. This has NOTHING to do with the NCAA. Purifoy is academically eligible by ncaa standards and is practicing AND enrolled in classes. This is an issue with the governing body of the ACT.

If anybody knew this information it would already be posted. However Purifoy is NOT waiting on the NCAA clearinghouse or any other group within the NCAA. This has NOTHING to do with the NCAA. Purifoy is academically eligible by ncaa standards and is practicing AND enrolled in classes. This is an issue with the governing body of the ACT.

Wow. Thanks for clearing that up, and thank you also for looking down your nose at me while you do it. I feel much more informed on the situation and aware of my place. Thanks again.

New Williams may be out for 1-2 weeks. He may see limited time before then, but they're going to let his knee heal completely before he starts contributing.

Wow. Thanks for clearing that up, and thank you also for looking down your nose at me while you do it. I feel much more informed on the situation and aware of my place. Thanks again.

Haha, I love you Turd.

take this with a box of salt, and i am serious about that, but i just read on another forum that purifoy has been cleared to play....i repeat, this is not official and i have no idea how credible the dude is

I hope this is true!

New Williams may be out for 1-2 weeks. He may see limited time before then, but they're going to let his knee heal completely before he starts contributing.

Maybe Gus should ring up Bruce for how to treat players with knee injuries.

Haha, I love you Turd.

Jared52, I probably should have resisted that sarcastic jab, but you know me...I couldn't resist.

Haha, I love you Turd.

Jared52, I probably should have resisted that sarcastic jab, but you know me...I couldn't resist.

Tis what you do best. Good to see you my friend.

High praise for a guy who hasn't stepped foot on a college floor. Plus he doesn't add size which AU desperately needs.

Well some people in the national media and many others believe he is our most talented player, based off what they've seen in practices. Plus Bruce said he was the best player in the recruiting class. A recruiting class where we've already seen the other 4 members play very well.

If Danjel gets cleared it'll be a huge boost for the team. And when you add in the fact that some SEC schools (particularly the mississippi schools) aren't playing as well as some thought right now, the ncaa tournament isn't out of the question at all

High praise for a guy who hasn't stepped foot on a college floor. Plus he doesn't add size which AU desperately needs.

He adds size defensively. He would be vital in pairing him with Taj and canty. Also depending on his skill set he could be like adding a big man if he's good in the post where he'd more than likely have a size advantage. I also read he was a pretty good offensive rebounder

Anyone out there that is younger than me, which would be most. I hear twitter is lighting up, today, with news that Purifoy got cleared today?

Some guy posted a tweet saying that someone told him Purifoy had been cleared. Supposedly the person that told him is a former AU bball player. That's what got everyone excited. Although, that was the only tweet saying anything about him being cleared, and the tweet has since been deleted.

Word is that he'll be cleared when the 1st semester grades are final. Which I think is like Dec. 15 or something like that. Just a rumor right now though. If true, he'd be ready to go against Xavier, which would be huge. Not saying we'll win all our games until then, but we shouldn't need him to win any of our games between now and Xavier.

Thanks, I heard from the guy who sits next to me at the games, that he heard from someone at the athletic dept. he's clear lol

Hopefully he gets in on the 15th that makes the most sense.

Between now and Xavier we have Ga Southern, northwestern state, coastal carolina, MTSU, and Mercer. If we play like we've played in the 1st two, I'd say all of those are very winnable even without Danjel. (If he becomes eligible on the 15th, he should be able to play against Mercer as well)

Anyone out there that is younger than me, which would be most. I hear twitter is lighting up, today, with news that Purifoy got cleared today?

Some guy posted a tweet saying that someone told him Purifoy had been cleared. Supposedly the person that told him is a former AU bball player. That's what got everyone excited. Although, that was the only tweet saying anything about him being cleared, and the tweet has since been deleted.

Word is that he'll be cleared when the 1st semester grades are final. Which I think is like Dec. 15 or something like that. Just a rumor right now though. If true, he'd be ready to go against Xavier, which would be huge. Not saying we'll win all our games until then, but we shouldn't need him to win any of our games between now and Xavier.

It's been said that the holdup is his ACT score and we are awaiting word from the ACT officials. Is there some explanation as to what the end of the semester has to do with the ACT officials?

It's been said that the holdup is his ACT score and we are awaiting word from the ACT officials. Is there some explanation as to what the end of the semester has to do with the ACT officials?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe he's ineligible because he had a big jump from one ACT score to the next, and they're trying to figure out if it was legit. If that's the case, maybe they're just waiting to see how his grades in his first semester of college are. If he makes good grades, then they can assume the ACT score was legit.

Could be dead wrong on all that, but that's how i've interpreted it

If Danjel was eligible we'd be a tourney team no joke.

I have been saying this since he signed. He is a rare talent that will be a game/program changer.

I have been saying this since he signed. He is a rare talent that will be a game/program changer.

His defensive presence is exceptional and he's exceptional at getting the ball to the cup.

His defensive presence is exceptional and he's exceptional at getting the ball to the cup.

I have mentioned this before, but I will repeat it. A friend of mine worked with his AAU team. This guy is a huge UA fan and was absolutely disgusted that UA did not put an all out push to land him. He told me that this guy will be a difference maker in college and the pros. He absolutely hated that AU landed Pearl and Pearl landed Purifoy.

WDE!!

I have mentioned this before, but I will repeat it. A friend of mine worked with his AAU team. This guy is a huge UA fan and was absolutely disgusted that UA did not put an all out push to land him. He told me that this guy will be a difference maker in college and the pros. He absolutely hated that AU landed Pearl and Pearl landed Purifoy.

WDE!!

Probably true, but all that won't matter unless/until he suits up for Auburn. I haven't had a good feeling about Purifoy's academic situation since before we signed him. Of course, I hope I'm wrong but so far he hasn't seen gametime.

I think we need something to get us one additional step better in order to make the tourney. If Purifoy might be able to get us there it sure would be great for our program to get a boost.

Archived