Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

Muschamp should be mad -- at the poor tackling. Coker is a serviceable QB, but he is no Russel Wilson when it comes to quickness & avoiding a sack. And yet, I saw Coker escape certain sacks twice ... once, he faked out Cowart to throw a TD pass. What's up with that?!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Will melted because Carl gets held on the play (no call of course) and then Rudy gets hit for a call that was pretty marginal at best.

Muschamp should be mad -- at the poor tackling. Coker is a serviceable QB, but he is no Russel Wilson when it comes to quickness & avoiding a sack. And yet, I saw Coker escape certain sacks twice ... once, he faked out Cowart to throw a TD pass. What's up with that?!

True. Coker is big and strong but there's no excuse for letting him get away on the 3rd and long that set up a 4th and one.

He's been doing it all year. Oddly evasive.

I think Will melted because Carl gets held on the play (no call of course) and then Rudy gets hit for a call that was pretty marginal at best.

This is why he melted:

The defense has looked better at times. The main problem is Malzahn's offense and his offensive coordinator.

I was more than satisfied with the D by mid season and beyond.

JMO but after the LSU game, and maybe Arky, the D played well enough that with even a semblance of the old Gus-Bus offense, we should have won the rest of the way....including yesterday.

I agree that was a badly missed call on the holding but I feel they got the late hit right. Yes the player dove while still in bounds but coker was 3 to 4 yards out of bounds when his legs get wrapped up and he is actually taken down. Plus there was no need for it since Garrett was forcing him out anyway.

The defense has looked better at times. The main problem is Malzahn's offense and his offensive coordinator.

Malzahn's offense and OC is just like everybody else's. They are only as good as their players. When easy throws are missed, when well-designed plays are run and the passes dropped, there's nothing more the coaching staff can do. When you spend a quarter of time setting up a sure-fire TD and the pass is overthrown by 10 feet, it's on the players not the coach.

I agree that was a badly missed call on the holding but I feel they got the late hit right. Yes the player dove while still in bounds but coker was 3 to 4 yards out of bounds when his legs get wrapped up and he is actually taken down. Plus there was no need for it since Garrett was forcing him out anyway.

Ive seen offensive players work the late hit rule to their advantage by pretending to go out of bounds. I don't blame Garrett for a second. But Reuben Foster is a thug for his late hit. That one screamed malicious intent as both were deep into the sidelines once he slammed the ball carrier.

There was only multiple holdings penalties occurring simultaneously in that play (and pretty much every other play)

Yep. The right guard was holding Lambert. The center was holding Lawrence. The blocking back was holding the blitzing DB. None were called.

A coach has to take up for his players when the calls are as bad as they were.

Maybe .....but like arguing with the ump in baseball, unless it is "reviewable" situation all you are going to do is get tossed or penalized. In this case, he hurt his team at a critical time. He needs to be more subtle about it....no ump or ref is going to let a coach "show him up"....that's just the way it is.

A coach has to take up for his players when the calls are as bad as they were.

Maybe .....but like arguing with the ump in baseball, unless it is "reviewable" situation all you are going to do is get tossed or penalized. In this case, he hurt his team at a critical time. He needs to be more subtle about it....no ump or ref is going to let a coach "show him up"....that's just the way it is.

sometimes a coach in basketball will intentionally get a technical or a baseball manager will allow himself to get thrown out. Nothing was going to work last night. Alabama never gets called for holding. With the supervisor of officials being an Alabama grad you're screwed anyway.

agree

Reuben Foster slammed 2 or 3 of our guys down on their shoulders never got flagged for it. As I said before, Will should know better then to say that to any ref. He should have gotten flagged for what he said.

Archived