Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fwiw: Muschamp calls Rashan Gary's Mother today. She had called him a "pure liar" after his statements in his 11/30 in home visit. He says USC hadn't contacted him until 12/3. :rolleyes:

http://www.al.com/au...ifer_coney.html

Which could technically be true, even if he or his agent had contacted USCe well before then.

fwiw: Muschamp calls Rashan Gary's Mother today. She had called him a "pure liar" after his statements in his 11/30 in home visit. He says USC hadn't contacted him until 12/3. :rolleyes:

So you think Muschamp is lying? It looked like Kirby Smart was the favorite for South Carolina but then UGA pulled the trigger on Mark Richt and then UGA scrambled to snatch up Kirby. With Kirby out of the picture, Muschamp suddenly becomes a serious candidate for SCarolina.

I'm not a big fan of Muschamp's but I think he's being honest when he said he wasn't contacted by USC until 12/3 about being interviewed.

So you think Muschamp is lying? It looked like Kirby Smart was the favorite for South Carolina but then UGA pulled the trigger on Mark Richt and then UGA scrambled to snatch up Kirby. With Kirby out of the picture, Muschamp suddenly becomes a serious candidate for SCarolina.

I'm not a big fan of Muschamp's but I think he's being honest when he said he wasn't contacted by USC until 12/3 about being interviewed.

And do you think his agent didn't reach out to USCe well before December 3?

But again, he wasn't being offered anything or even being interviewed. Just because you apply for a job and try to find out information about your chances doesn't mean you have a really good chance of getting that job.

I'm sure Muschamp's name was on the list because he applied for the job before December 3, but he wasn't at the top. He was a few spots down. I bet Muschamp is even a little surprised he got the job because he probably knows he wasn't SCarolina's first choice or even second choice.

But again, he wasn't being offered anything or even being interviewed. Just because you apply for a job and try to find out information about your chances doesn't mean you have a really good chance of getting that job.

I'm sure Muschamp's name was on the list because he applied for the job before December 3, but he wasn't at the top. He was a few spots down. I bet Muschamp is even a little surprised he got the job because he probably knows he wasn't SCarolina's first choice or even second choice.

OK, but you don't think it's a bit ... disingenuous ... to say you haven't been contacted by anyone if you initiated the contact?

EXACTLY ! I'm sure it's been on the back burner since last year. Agents don't make their money waiting for the call.

Muschamp is a snake.

OK, but you don't think it's a bit ... disingenuous ... to say you haven't been contacted by anyone if you initiated the contact?

No. SCarolina contacted him on Dec. 3. He had no job offer, interview, or even a high percentage chance of getting the job on Nov. 30. I don't think Muschamp would have still been recruiting for Auburn had he been interviewed or been contacted by SCarolina saying he had a really good chance of getting the job on Nov.29.

I think there's some sour grapes from Auburn fans here. I actually think it's for the best that he's leaving. There's a sizeable segment of two-facedness in the Auburn fanbase that is all sunshine pumping at the start of a coach coming here, but by the end when a coach leaves, they're dogging and saying negative things after the fact.

You can call me debbie downer, pessimistic, etc... but I post negative things when they happen, not after the fact. A lot of Auburn fans wanted Will Muschamp to be hired. I'm sure several in this very thread were in favor of him being hired but are now changing their tune about Muschamp now that he's leaving and the way he's leaving. Suddenly, his behavior is an issue or he's a liar.

I wasn't a fan of Will Muschamp being hired, namely because of the money we were going to be paying him, knowing our defense was going to be tough to fix.

Ultimately, Muschamp leaving isn't the problem. There's bigger problems at Auburn that have been here before Muschamp was hired last year. The fact that a lot of Auburn fans are bashing Muschamp but are tired of hearing other certain names be blamed for Auburn's problems is absurd. Many fellow Auburn fans only see what they want to see when it comes to the problems at Auburn but it just shows the two-facedness that I'm talking about. Oh, when you're not Family like Muschamp wasn't, then it's easy to throw them under the bus or be against them when there's a problem. But when a certain member of the Family is singled out, we've just got to continue to not do anything and continue to be a Family and stop beating a dead horse and move on.

So I think some of you should take your own advice that you give to auburn4ever when he brings up a certain athletic director, and just move on about Muschamp leaving and stop nitpicking about whether he lied. He's gone and likely won't ever coach at Auburn again.

I've already moved on and stopped posting about a certain athletic director because a segment of the fanbase continues to give him cover by emphatically embracing whatever decisions he makes.

I think Muschamp did a very good job getting our D to improve during the season. He went from being a D Coordinator to a Head Coach, both in the SEC. I for one wish him well and thank him for what he did for us during 2015. WDE!

No. SCarolina contacted him on Dec. 3. He had no job offer, interview, or even a high percentage chance of getting the job on Nov. 30. I don't think Muschamp would have still been recruiting for Auburn had he been interviewed or been contacted by SCarolina saying he had a really good chance of getting the job on Nov.29.

I think there's some sour grapes from Auburn fans here. I actually think it's for the best that he's leaving. There's a sizeable segment of two-facedness in the Auburn fanbase that is all sunshine pumping at the start of a coach coming here, but by the end when a coach leaves, they're dogging and saying negative things after the fact.

You can call me debbie downer, pessimistic, etc... but I post negative things when they happen, not after the fact. A lot of Auburn fans wanted Will Muschamp to be hired. I'm sure several in this very thread were in favor of him being hired but are now changing their tune about Muschamp now that he's leaving and the way he's leaving. Suddenly, his behavior is an issue or he's a liar.

I wasn't a fan of Will Muschamp being hired, namely because of the money we were going to be paying him, knowing our defense was going to be tough to fix.

Ultimately, Muschamp leaving isn't the problem. There's bigger problems at Auburn that have been here before Muschamp was hired last year. The fact that a lot of Auburn fans are bashing Muschamp but are tired of hearing other certain names be blamed for Auburn's problems is absurd. Many fellow Auburn fans only see what they want to see when it comes to the problems at Auburn but it just shows the two-facedness that I'm talking about. Oh, when you're not Family like Muschamp wasn't, then it's easy to throw them under the bus or be against them when there's a problem. But when a certain member of the Family is singled out, we've just got to continue to not do anything and continue to be a Family and stop beating a dead horse and move on.

So I think some of you should take your own advice that you give to auburn4ever when he brings up a certain athletic director, and just move on about Muschamp leaving and stop nitpicking about whether he lied. He's gone and likely won't ever coach at Auburn again.

I've already moved on and stopped posting about a certain athletic director because a segment of the fanbase continues to give him cover by emphatically embracing whatever decisions he makes.

I assure you that I am not approaching this in a way that could be characterized as sour grapes.

I think Gus and JJ didn't live up to some promises they made Will (per WDE).

I think that led to distrust of Gus and JJ on Will's part.

I think Gus and JJ should have lived up to their promises.

I also think Will is being slick as hell suggesting that he wasn't contacted until December 3. That may technically be true. But it is beyond the pale to think that his representatives didn't reach out to express interest in the South Carolina job before that.

I believe that he may not have believed he had a chance at getting the job until later on. But I don't believe he didn't reach out and start pursuing the job after Spurrier retired. I believe that he was doing his job at Auburn while pursuing the job at South Carolina, and that this went on for a while -- and a lot longer than from 5 days ago.

It would be sour grapes if I were saying I didn't want him, anyway. I was generally happy when we hired him. I was excited when he put his staff together. i think the defense improved during his time here. I wanted Gus to name TRob as the new DC, once it became public that Will was pursuing the Carolina job. There is, though, no question in my mind that the best thing for Auburn would have been for Will to have stuck it out here for another year or two and not pursued other opportunities. That doesn't mean I begrudge him other opportunities. But I do think he should be honest about it.

I'd be very interested to see what he'd say if a reporter asked him point blank the following question: Will, you say you weren't contacted by USCe until December 3; but did you or any of your representatives reach out to them before that, and if so, when?

I'm surprised that you don't think he's being disingenuous if the truthful answer to that question is yes, as soon as Spurrier resigned.

You may think it's irrelevant. But I don't see how you can insist he wouldn't be dissimulating, if that turns out to be the truth.

fwiw: Muschamp calls Rashan Gary's Mother today. She had called him a "pure liar" after his statements in his 11/30 in home visit. He says USC hadn't contacted him until 12/3. :rolleyes:/>

Yes I know all the moving parts. Do I think he is ? I couldn't care less if he is or isn't, I just found it interesting. I have no way of knowing for sure at this time but the Mom sure thinks so. I will say this, it usually takes longer than 3 days from the time a candidate is "first" contacted, the school considers everything, they decide to make an offer and it gets to the point you can accept it on the 3rd day. That kind of timeline is usually only reserved for the previously successful hot shot candidates. Let's just say right now I am suspicious, hence the eye roll.

You are over it ? That is quite an over reaction to the comments about his own words, just because some people might wonder if he was being "disingenuous" (as Britt put it) on a very narrow point about the date. Most of your manuscript wanders far from that specific point and of those posting about it in the last couple pages. Even if he did hedge something, and I have no idea if he did, it doesn't make him a bad man.

Yea... I know his agent reached out to them before he was hired at Auburn, and I'm sure his agent has stayed in touch since then. That's what agents do, look for bigger paychecks for their clients so that they can get bigger paychecks. I believe Will completely when he says that he was not contacted until Dec 3 and no intention of moving on until then. I believe all of the mess in the media was created by the media because stories about Auburn get clicks and traction.

As many times as Auburn has been drug through the mud by the media, it amazes me how many people still buy into what they are saying.

So I guess, or at least hope we are off the hook for the 1.6 mill.

Why wouldn't we be?

I think Muschamp did a very good job getting our D to improve during the season. He went from being a D Coordinator to a Head Coach, both in the SEC. I for one wish him well and thank him for what he did for us during 2015. WDE!

Classy post. :thumbsup:

He was paid a salary of $1.6 mill for the 2015 season. That's it!

He was paid a salary of $1.6 mill for the 2015 season. That's it!

I'm still convinced that it was unlikely that he would stay more than one year. We were willing to pay $1.6M to have a shot at a national championship. If the Offense had come through it would have been a good deal. It didn't work out ....not CWM's fault....and that's that.

Well, I haven't commented on the situation until now. I talked to my friend who works with the team. He said the coaches were saying Muschamp has agreed to be the USCe head coach and T-Rob is following him there. Name being mentioned the most for our next DC is Jeremy Pruitt. Things change but I believe him. He is close with the coaches.

I told you guys. Now that Kelly is out, Pruitt is the definite frontrunner.

Archived