Staff Changes

fredst

This isn't meant as a flame. Glad this season is mercifully over. Now, what do we hope and realistically think will happen as far as staff changes moving forward? I think that Gus has to move on from Lashlee and hope his personal loyalties don't prevent him from making the necessary changes. Changes have to occur on O; the D is trending up over the second half of the season so I'm fine leaving that side of the ball intact (if that's what Muschamp wants-let him decide).

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been speculation that Bentley will be an on field coach next year and possibly coaching the qbs. It was discussed in a thread recently. I believe that a change will be made. Lashlee needs to step out from under Gus and Gus needs some fresh perspective from someone new.

(Disclaimer: I'm one of those Alabama fans that roots for Auburn unless they're playing Alabama & actually likes seeing Auburn do well overall)

From my outsider vantage point, it seems like Gus would be well served to transition into a CEO-type role and let his OC run his own system (whoever that may be). I watch AU from a distance so I can't say whether Lashlee needs to stay or go, but it seems that the offense needs more variety. Variety keeps you from being locked into a certain scheme and keeps other teams from being able to scheme against the system (my A&M Bulldogs are going through similar, yet different situations).

A production mananger cant manage the production if he's constantly on the assembly line.

(Disclaimer: I'm one of those Alabama fans that roots for Auburn unless they're playing Alabama & actually likes seeing Auburn do well overall)

From my outsider vantage point, it seems like Gus would be well served to transition into a CEO-type role and let his OC run his own system (whoever that may be). I watch AU from a distance so I can't say whether Lashlee needs to stay or go, but it seems that the offense needs more variety. Variety keeps you from being locked into a certain scheme and keeps other teams from being able to scheme against the system (my A&M Bulldogs are going through similar, yet different situations).

Gus has an offensive philosophy and even if he's not making the actual calls whoever is doing that will be running the system Gus wants. The situation at quarterback just threw a monkey wrench into the works and it just never got to where things could function smoothly as a result.

WDEWDE stated that Gus was advised at the changes he needed to make. I wish he would let us know what changes were suggested. We know that Horton is looking around.

I am not convinced Horton or Grimes were part of any offense issues this year. Personally, Coach Craig should be QB coach, and get a proven WR coach. Lashlee needs a lower level HC job to get on his own track.

If Horton gots a HC job, and / or Grimes retires we should fill with best available that fits scheme, good recruiter. I know that is obvious, but I am not aware of who we would target.

I am not convinced Horton or Grimes were part of any offense issues this year. Personally, Coach Craig should be QB coach, and get a proven WR coach. Lashlee needs a lower level HC job to get on his own track.

If Horton gots a HC job, and / or Grimes retires we should fill with best available that fits scheme, good recruiter. I know that is obvious, but I am not aware of who we would target.

Rhett isn't going to get any offers after this season. What Gus decides to do I have no idea. He can't let personal loyalties get in the way or he'll be looking for a new job too.

The D only improved during the year. At the beginning of the season all were calling for Garner's head. But by the end of the year, I thought the D line was playing OK. I've felt that our LB'ers have been the make or break group this year and the last 4 years. If they make the plays by filling the holes it would make the whole group look like all stars. I'm glad that there is only one more game to watch Frost chase down RB's from behind. ( I've seen him fall back to a safety position some this year and wondered if he has been playing the wrong position all along. He proved he could catch too.!)

The O definitely needs some variation in play calling. That's the only position I think needs to change.

Need WR's who can catch..... Is that a coaching thing?

80Tiger, if Gus doesn't replace Lashlee, we'll see another 6-6 record in 2016.

IMO, we need to hire a knew Strength and Conditioning coach. The team has been very weak and they've been pushed around like they were nothing over the past 2 years because their not big and strong enough. Just take a look at the size of Alabama's players. Their OL, DL, DE's & LB's are freakin huge.

I think Yox did a better job then what Ryan has been doing.

Gus needs to resume sole play-calling responsibilities and there needs to be a new QB coach. Not sure I'd care to see any other changes except maybe entertain the idea of a new DL coach and move RG to a off field position.

If Horton gots a HC job, and / or Grimes retires we should fill with best available that fits scheme, good recruiter. I know that is obvious,

but I am not aware of who we would target.

I agree that WR were underperformers at blocking and catching. So from a coaching standpoint that falls on DC. Not sure why move him to QB coach. He coached Winston 1 yr. If we give him credit for "developing" Winston in 1 yr , then we must give Gus the same credit for 1 yr with Cam and 2 years with Nick. I say that because many on here do not give Gus that credit.

i don't agree with that at all. It does seem they changed the game flow and play calling setup from '13 and '14. Just simply need to revert back to that and get the passing game going again.

I think there are changes coming. Not Lashlee though.

Then, Gus' job will be at jeopardy next season. Lashlee is the one that needs to go. He is the obvious weak-link on this staff.

He doesn't call plays... If he did this season, he needs to go.

He is obviously not a very good QB developer.

He can't recruit worth a dang.

So why are we giving him a paycheck?!?!?

He needs to go!

Then, Gus' job will be at jeopardy next season. Lashlee is the one that needs to go. He is the obvious weak-link on this staff.

He needs to go!

Sean White says hello.

He needs to go!

Sean White says hello.

Hey Sean...

I don't get what you mean here? Are you trying to suggest that Rhett is responsible for Sean? That jury is still out...

But, just so you know, Sean White has individually worked with some of the best QB coaches out there since the 9th grade.

Rhett has nothing to do with Sean...

He needs to go!

Sean White says hello.

Hey Sean...

I don't get what you mean here? Are you trying to suggest that Rhett is responsible for Sean? That jury is still out...

But, just so you know, Sean White has individually worked with some of the best QB coaches out there since the 9th grade.

Rhett has nothing to do with Sean...

Why don't we just ditch the football team and open a passing academy? Lashlee has had pretty successful offenses,when he has had a QB. If all we need is a JUCO QB every year to field an elite offense, then I'll take Lashlee every year. That being said Sean White has been at Auburn since his freshman year and he threw 3 250 yard games in a row and he doesn't throw picks. so... I'm not sure what more you were expecting from him...

He needs to go!

Sean White says hello.

You honestly think Rhett needs to stay? Look at our offensive ranking, that's all I need to see.

IMO, we need to hire a knew Strength and Conditioning coach. The team has been very weak and they've been pushed around like they were nothing over the past 2 years because their not big and strong enough. Just take a look at the size of Alabama's players. Their OL, DL, DE's & LB's are freakin huge.

of course the turd players are huge. With all the steroids they get it's impossible not to.

I doubt we see any changes unless someone moves on to a better job such as Horton or retires due to health. I can see him keeping Lashlee strictly because that is his confidant & protege. I think the changes will be more in philosophy letting QB's go to summer clinics etc....

Responses don't have to mean one thinks he should or should not stay but what we think may happen!

of course the turd players are huge. With all the steroids they get it's impossible not to.

I completely agree. I don't understand this though as we keep changing and our kids do not seem to be getting bigger and stronger. It may be a philosophy in what type of traing we are doing.

Archived