Staff Changes

fredst

80Tiger, if Gus doesn't replace Lashlee, we'll see another 6-6 record in 2016.

IMO, we need to hire a knew Strength and Conditioning coach. The team has been very weak and they've been pushed around like they were nothing over the past 2 years because their not big and strong enough. Just take a look at the size of Alabama's players. Their OL, DL, DE's & LB's are freakin huge.

I think Yox did a better job then what Ryan has been doing.

of course the turd players are huge. With all the steroids they get it's impossible not to.

You can't tell me that what Scott Cochran is doing is any different than what what were doing at Auburn. What they're taking however...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach Craig as new QB coach, who better. Make him OC so no other school scoops him up. And as for Gus's protégée, well it's time to leave the nest and learn to fly.

80Tiger, if Gus doesn't replace Lashlee, we'll see another 6-6 record in 2016.

IMO, we need to hire a knew Strength and Conditioning coach. The team has been very weak and they've been pushed around like they were nothing over the past 2 years because their not big and strong enough. Just take a look at the size of Alabama's players. Their OL, DL, DE's & LB's are freakin huge.

I think Yox did a better job then what Ryan has been doing.

of course the turd players are huge. With all the steroids they get it's impossible not to.

You can't tell me that what Scott Cochran is doing is any different than what what were doing at Auburn. What they're taking however...

You gotta remember that as long as as Emmert remains the head of the NCAA they can do whatever they want.

Coach Craig as new QB coach, who better. Make him OC so no other school scoops him up. And as for Gus's protégée, well it's time to leave the nest and learn to fly.

Why Craig as QB coach?

I think there are changes coming. Not Lashlee though.

Then, Gus' job will be at jeopardy next season. Lashlee is the one that needs to go. He is the obvious weak-link on this staff.

He doesn't call plays... If he did this season, he needs to go.

He is obviously not a very good QB developer.

He can't recruit worth a dang.

So why are we giving him a paycheck?!?!?

He needs to go!

Sean White says hello.

Hey Sean...

I don't get what you mean here? Are you trying to suggest that Rhett is responsible for Sean? That jury is still out...

But, just so you know, Sean White has individually worked with some of the best QB coaches out there since the 9th grade.

Rhett has nothing to do with Sean...

Absolutely correct.....and Rhett just needs some new perspective about offenses but I doubt he could match AU's money elsewhere....but he ought to try. And Gus is not the fount of knowledge about modern offenses and would help Gus to get some new perspective too by hiring someone from one of the Big12 schools who has had exposure to their offensive styles. IMO, aside from the failure at QB, the AU offense staff has become too predictable....

Why Craig as QB coach?

Because he's an accomplished QB coach (see his 3 1st rounders at FSU). Also, he's a former NFL quarterback. He's worked and learned under some of the best coaching out there.

Maybe staff changes need to be made, maybe they don't. I am not sharp enough to know. But i do know there were instances in all our losses but to lsu where if an individual had made a play or two the outcome of those losses would have been different. Auburn was that close to a successful season.

Coaches teach and lead. but the players still have to make the plays.

Lashlee has had more successes (Marshall, White) than he has had failures (Johnson).

Lest you forget that Marshall threw 20 or so INTS in one year of JUCO.

Ultimately, Malzahn has had successful offenses every year since 2006. Save 2011 and 2015. I'm sure he knows what changes he needs to make. Or else it won't matter after next year anyway.

When did the ncaa drug testing guys suddenly show up and randomly test bama like they did UF?

Those UAT players aren't the only ones that looked bigger and stronger than our guys the last two yrs.

The HC is solely responsible for having great players at every position and having a great backup ready to play if any player gets injured or gets in trouble. He is also responsible for making sure that every player understands his off the field responsibilities.

The OC is responsible for preparing a game plan that works against the current opponent with the ability to adjust when required.

Position coaches are supposed to build better players every practice.

If we had run full contact, full speed scrimmages in the spring a blind man could have seen that JJ wasn't ready for SEC caliber play and would have adjusted the practice schedule to fit, or found a better solution (Jason Smith).

Not in any game did we have a game plan than confused the other team and made them adjust. Our opponents could tell you what we were going to run.

I have not seen any significant development of any offensive player.

We haven't recruited a true WR with ball skills that played in the iron bowl. We should have more than 4.

AU lost a lot of games this year because we settled for FG instead of TD. Gus should have gone for TD in the 1st quarter. Making one TD would have been better than 2 FG. If this coaching staff isn't smart enough to KNOW that you are not going to win in the SEC with FG then they are too stupid to be coaching at this level. Guess what. They are exactly that stupid. AU is last in the west and it is not because of Jeremy or Sean. It is on Gus. As long as the current HC and OC are in charge AU will be 2nd tier at best, no matter how well we recruit. Until the second coming of Doug Barfield is gone we will be the homecoming game for everyone.

We have great players that sit on the bench. Why didn't we ever put Jason Smith (QB), Roc Thomas (RB) and Jovon Robinson (RB) on the field for a series? We play players that everyone knows can't win. This is the exact definition of stupid. "Stupid is as stupid does."

Jason Smith or Jonathan Wallace could have and would have done at least as well as JJ and should have been given a chance. Jason Smith is one of the most dynamic players at AU. Roc is a home run threat every time he touches the ball. Jovon is a beast.

Sometimes I feel like the only republican on a forum of obama supporters.

Maybe staff changes need to be made, maybe they don't. I am not sharp enough to know. But i do know there were instances in all our losses but to lsu where if an individual had made a play or two the outcome of those losses would have been different. Auburn was that close to a successful season.

Coaches teach and lead. but the players still have to make the plays.

I'm not sharp enough either but I think Rhett needs to go or either send the whole "bus" packing. I was on it the first two years but enough is enough. I was so excited when we got Gus back...that excitement is leaving me. I'm tired of getting stomped all the time and Jay and everybody else should be too.

RL's success with White and Marshall are totally about where White and Marshall were as athletes and had nothing to do with RL making them players.

Lashlee has had more successes (Marshall, White) than he has had failures (Johnson).

Ultimately, Malzahn has had successful offenses every year since 2006. Save 2011 and 2015. I'm sure he knows what changes he needs to make. Or else it won't matter after next year anyway.

You must be joking...Cam for one year and Nick arrived a few weeks before he played his first game at QB....and his stats in year #2 were about the same as year one except for differences in the offensive style..

Let's instead look at JJ who Rhett has had for 3 years...guy with NFL arm, looks like Cam, etc.....and what's the result? IMO, that is who is the evidence of the success of AU's QB development.

You must be joking...Cam for one year and Nick arrived a few weeks before he played his first game at QB....and his stats in year #2 were about the same as year one except for differences in the offensive style..

Let's instead look at JJ who Rhett has had for 3 years...guy with NFL arm, looks like Cam, etc.....and what's the result? IMO, that is who is the evidence of the success of AU's QB development.

Not to mention his JUCO offense was completely different than the offense he ran at AU. He was called to pass much more at his JUCO system, rather than at AU. NM was very efficient with the ball at AU, but it doesn't take Bill Walsh to decrease interception rate. Here is an idea! Don't just chunk and run. He was doing that a bunch on his JUCO team because he had to.

When will more people take into account that perhaps the coaches had no idea JJ would breakdown mentally when it came to playing as starter as opposed to 2nd string? Everyone saw him practice and him play coming off the bench. No one had a clue his mental block was coming.

His stats may or may not have been nearly the same, but I submit to you that he was still much improved over his 2013 campaign

His stats may or may not have been nearly the same, but I submit to you that he was still much improved over his 2013 campaign

I accept that he improved ....as any player should in his second or 3 season.....experience is a great teacher....even if the coaches aren't.

I accept that he improved ....as any player should in his second or 3 season.....experience is a great teacher....even if the coaches aren't.

When will more people take into account that perhaps the coaches had no idea JJ would breakdown mentally when it came to playing as starter as opposed to 2nd string? Everyone saw him practice and him play coming off the bench. No one had a clue his mental block was coming.

That's what I've been saying all along. There is just no way to predict that ahead of time. It threw everything off kilter.

That's what I've been saying all along. There is just no way to predict that ahead of time. It threw everything off kilter.

Crap like that happens. It is what it is. I think many more people are baffled that we had no backup plan, whatsoever. SW came in and put a band-aid on a gun wound, but even then, it seemed like we still had no clue what we were doing. Like we have no plans.

I look at Baylor who lost two of their QBs with injury, but they never lost their identity or plans. Next guy steps up and follow the blueprint (who was a WR that converted to QB at the end of the season). There is no identity with this team.

Except we have juniors and seniors on this team that barely show any improvement, or have gotten worse. Personally, I chalk Nick's improvement to coaching and experience.

Crap like that happens. It is what it is. I think many more people are baffled that we had no backup plan, whatsoever. SW came in and put a band-aid on a gun wound, but even then, it seemed like we still had no clue what we were doing. Like we have no plans.

I look at Baylor who lost two of their QBs with injury, but they never lost their identity or plans. Next guy steps up and follow the blueprint. There is no identity with this team.

Sean was playing fine until he got hurt....

Archived