Staff Changes

fredst

Bentley promotion, Craig promotion, Lashlee to small D1 school. Horton will probably be gone, so a new RB's coach who is charismatic and a solid recruiter would be needed. Legit WR coach will be needed once Craig gets the promotion. Y'all better hope Grimes stays because he's a helluva recruiter and his OL's have been solid. I have no idea what will happen on the defensive staff. I don't see Muschamp leaving and that means T-Rob is good too for now. Those asking for Rocker I don't agree with in the slightest. Lance Thompson is meh at this point for me.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bentley promotion, Craig promotion, Lashlee to small D1 school. Horton will probably be gone, so a new RB's coach who is charismatic and a solid recruiter would be needed. Legit WR coach will be needed once Craig gets the promotion. Y'all better hope Grimes stays because he's a helluva recruiter and his OL's have been solid. I have no idea what will happen on the defensive staff. I don't see Muschamp leaving and that means T-Rob is good too for now. Those asking for Rocker I don't agree with in the slightest. Lance Thompson is meh at this point for me.

I wouldn't object to Rocker but I'm not sitting here wishing for it to happen. I think RG is a solid DL coach. His DL, like any other DL benefits greatly from good play at the LB and DB spot. We just haven't had the players across the board in any position on defense in recent memory. We've had a few sprinkled in here and there but not at every position and very little, if any, depth.

Georgia's RB coach might be looking for a job!

We know Horton put his name in the hat for a HC job. Anyone know how seriously they're considering him? Any other possibilities for him?

Pretty sure he's actively pursuing a small HC job.

Lashlee has had more successes (Marshall, White) than he has had failures (Johnson).

Lest you forget that Marshall threw 20 or so INTS in one year of JUCO.

Ultimately, Malzahn has had successful offenses every year since 2006. Save 2011 and 2015. I'm sure he knows what changes he needs to make. Or else it won't matter after next year anyway.

You're like an anti Willieguns

Lashlee has had more successes (Marshall, White) than he has had failures (Johnson).

Ultimately, Malzahn has had successful offenses every year since 2006. Save 2011 and 2015. I'm sure he knows what changes he needs to make. Or else it won't matter after next year anyway.

You must be joking...Cam for one year and Nick arrived a few weeks before he played his first game at QB....and his stats in year #2 were about the same as year one except for differences in the offensive style..

Let's instead look at JJ who Rhett has had for 3 years...guy with NFL arm, looks like Cam, etc.....and what's the result? IMO, that is who is the evidence of the success of AU's QB development.

When will more people take into account that perhaps the coaches had no idea JJ would breakdown mentally when it came to playing as starter as opposed to 2nd string? Everyone saw him practice and him play coming off the bench. No one had a clue his mental block was coming.

That's what I've been saying all along. There is just no way to predict that ahead of time. It threw everything off kilter.

Crap like that happens. It is what it is. I think many more people are baffled that we had no backup plan, whatsoever. SW came in and put a band-aid on a gun wound, but even then, it seemed like we still had no clue what we were doing. Like we have no plans.

I look at Baylor who lost two of their QBs with injury, but they never lost their identity or plans. Next guy steps up and follow the blueprint (who was a WR that converted to QB at the end of the season). There is no identity with this team.

I could be mis-remembering, but SW came in and played like a boss. He was no band-aid. Yes, unforeseen crap happens, but SW was a phenomenal backup plan. If he had remained healthy, there wouldn't be a 'coaching change' topic running rampant here.

Baylor went from 65 ppg to 38 ppg to 21 ppg. First, second to third string. Not sure the relevance of this mention.

If SW is solid and healthy next year, we'll have double digit wins. With Lashlee as OC.

Gus needs to run the O. We hired him as HC because of what he did as an OC. Lashlee is simply in the way and wasting time and money. Find a legit WR coach. D Craig should be the QB coach. Find a better than average DL coach. Lawing and (this is pipe dream) Orgeron should be thrown a lot of money. Rocker would also be a huge improvement over what we have although Rocker has coached with Gus and under the Jay Jacobs' administration so I doubt he comes back unless one or both are gone.

wde

Are you stating fact or opinion...that Rocker did not mesh with Gus OT Jacobs? If a change is made on the DL Rocker would be one of the first I would call, and I think with Rocker being an Auburn man that whatever perceived differences JJ has with him will be put aside for the benefit of the football program.

You must be joking...Cam for one year and Nick arrived a few weeks before he played his first game at QB....and his stats in year #2 were about the same as year one except for differences in the offensive style..

Let's instead look at JJ who Rhett has had for 3 years...guy with NFL arm, looks like Cam, etc.....and what's the result? IMO, that is who is the evidence of the success of AU's QB development.

When will more people take into account that perhaps the coaches had no idea JJ would breakdown mentally when it came to playing as starter as opposed to 2nd string? Everyone saw him practice and him play coming off the bench. No one had a clue his mental block was coming.

That's what I've been saying all along. There is just no way to predict that ahead of time. It threw everything off kilter.

Crap like that happens. It is what it is. I think many more people are baffled that we had no backup plan, whatsoever. SW came in and put a band-aid on a gun wound, but even then, it seemed like we still had no clue what we were doing. Like we have no plans.

I look at Baylor who lost two of their QBs with injury, but they never lost their identity or plans. Next guy steps up and follow the blueprint (who was a WR that converted to QB at the end of the season). There is no identity with this team.

I could be mis-remembering, but SW came in and played like a boss. He was no band-aid. Yes, unforeseen crap happens, but SW was a phenomenal backup plan. If he had remained healthy, there wouldn't be a 'coaching change' topic running rampant here.

Baylor went from 65 ppg to 38 ppg to 21 ppg. First, second to third string. Not sure the relevance of this mention.

If SW is solid and healthy next year, we'll have double digit wins. With Lashlee as OC.

Baylor plays in the Big 12. JJ would have looked ok against Big 12 defenses. Baylor is a poor example.

Gus needs to run the O. We hired him as HC because of what he did as an OC. Lashlee is simply in the way and wasting time and money. Find a legit WR coach. D Craig should be the QB coach. Find a better than average DL coach. Lawing and (this is pipe dream) Orgeron should be thrown a lot of money. Rocker would also be a huge improvement over what we have although Rocker has coached with Gus and under the Jay Jacobs' administration so I doubt he comes back unless one or both are gone.

wde

Are you stating fact or opinion...that Rocker did not mesh with Gus OT Jacobs? If a change is made on the DL Rocker would be one of the first I would call, and I think with Rocker being an Auburn man that whatever perceived differences JJ has with him will be put aside for the benefit of the football program.

Based on what I have been told by the guy who is in charge of Jay Jacobs security. Is that fact or opinion?

Horton is at least in the running for the North Texas job. If he leaves who would we even look to in a RB coach? Any ideas?

If we do make a change at D-line, and don't take Rocker back, I would go after the DL coach from Mizzou Kuligowski. That guy has had some great line play under him.

Horton is at least in the running for the North Texas job. If he leaves who would we even look to in a RB coach? Any ideas?

If we do make a change at D-line, and don't take Rocker back, I would go after the DL coach from Mizzou Kuligowski. That guy has had some great line play under him.

If Grimes retires and Garner slides to OL, Fountain could move to RBs.

Oh great. Garner would coach the OL. From bad to worse. Our DL would be better, but our OL would be just as bad as our DL from this year.

Oh great. Garner would coach the OL. From bad to worse. Our DL would be better, but our OL would be just as bad as our DL from this year.

Tell me what experience you have coaching football to make these massive assumptions. Just curious

Tell me what experience you have coaching football to make these massive assumptions. Just curious

You don't have to have any experience to understand that Rodney Garner is at best an average coach on the field. We need and pay for better than average.

wde

I'm gonna go out on al limb and ask: Is Gus the best coach money can buy today in college football? If not, I suggest we start there.

I'm gonna go out on al limb and ask: Is Gus the best coach money can buy today in college football? If not, I suggest we start there.

No. That is obvious, but Gus deserves one more year to prove his incompetence as a HC.

wde

He's not going anywhere this year, so you can drop that line of thinking right now. His buyout is tremendous and he needs the chance to see if he can fix the problems.

I'd love to see what White could do if his coaches had confidence in him to not be a bandaid considering he was able to get 250 yards three games in a row with bad coaching and half a playbook. Imagine the possibilities :rolleyes:

He's the quarterback Auburn deserves...

Really to those who think the win-loss column is the reason Sean White shouldn't be our guy are not looking at the big picture. And I ask, what more could he have done? Tossed one up and catch it himself? Because Lord knows no one else has wanted to catch a ball except the running backs...

I agree with you, with Sean White we have a confident passing threat as long are receivers are a threat to catch the dadgum ball. Do that and the running game opens wide up without the need of a dual-threat quarterback.

Just gotta get him healthy.

Archived