The Official Meltdown Thread

thaitopher

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah well, Foundation, give an old man a break, maybe not a meltdown, but, just trying to throw out a bit of encouragement on this topic.

Some of you guys should aspire to sitting at the grown-up's table.

And here I was thinking that you were banned, grumpy.

The grown-up's table is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If they cannot aspire to sitting at the grown-up's table, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

If Gus starts the 2016 at 0-3 or 0-4, he might not even last through the year.

Possibly. I don't think he will, but it is certainly possible.

Okay, worst case scenario. We lose champ and Trob and it hurts our class. Going into 2016 we have Clemson LSU and A&M all in he first 4 games. Wowzers!

Lol we're freaking screwed. It takes Gus 4 damn games to figure out what he has on his roster to begin with. Of the too-many times we've played Clemson in this modern era we just HAVE to play them after their best season EVER during a make or break year for us to start the season. Great.

Ha, some crap timing for sure.

Even worse timing....we've fired the last 2 coaches after losses to Vandy. Guess who's on the schedule NEXT year!

In the last 3 years, Malzahn is 1-2 against Miss. State. 1-2 against LSU. 1-2 against Mark Richt who's no longer at Georgia. 1-2 against Nick Saban and Kirby Smart. This is how yo go 2-9 in your last 11 conference games. This is how you make people believe 2013's SEC title and BCS Championship Game appearance were the aberration. This is how you make people wonder if Auburn hired the wrong head coach three years ago. when it intervied Smart for the top job but chose Malzahn.

The grown-up's table is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If they cannot aspire to sitting at the grown-up's table, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

I love this post so much.

In the last 3 years, Malzahn is 1-2 against Miss. State. 1-2 against LSU. 1-2 against Mark Richt who's no longer at Georgia. 1-2 against Nick Saban and Kirby Smart. This is how yo go 2-9 in your last 11 conference games. This is how you make people believe 2013's SEC title and BCS Championship Game appearance were the aberration. This is how you make people wonder if Auburn hired the wrong head coach three years ago. when it intervied Smart for the top job but chose Malzahn.

ok.. so tell me this.

How can you use this analogy when NO ONE has seen Smart coach one damn game as HC!!

Malzahn has won a NC as a OC, he has WON the SEC and taken AU TO the NC game as a HC. He won in his only year as HC at another school before accepting the HC job at AU.

So how can you say AU made the wrong choice when interviewing Smart and Malzahn?

I understand Malzahn is strugging the last year and a half, and i understand Smart is a great DC, but to say we made the wrong hire back in 2013 is wrong. If Smart in 3 years as HC at GA wins the SEC more than once, WINS a NC, then i will be glad to accept your evaluation, but not now.

Okay, worst case scenario. We lose champ and Trob and it hurts our class. Going into 2016 we have Clemson LSU and A&M all in he first 4 games. Wowzers!

Which would lead to a horrible 2016 season and a coaching change.

Been there, done that. Still proud to be an Auburn Tiger!!!!

1992 disaster ➡️ 20 game win streak 1993-94

1998 disaster ➡️ 2000 SECWest Title

2003 disaster ➡️ 2004 Hard Fighting Soldiers (best College Football Team ever!)

2008 disaster ➡️ 2010 NC team

2012 disaster ➡️ 2013 NCG appearance

We may have seen as much disaster as any team in the country!

But nobody rises from the ashes of defeat like men filled with the Auburn Spirit!!!! We will fall and fall often, but we will get back up stronger, smarter, and more focused and determined than ever! The Auburn Tiger is a rare breed indeed! Take courage my brothers. When the smoke clears, we will be the ones still standing!

ok.. so tell me this.

How can you use this analogy when NO ONE has seen Smart coach one damn game as HC!!

Malzahn has won a NC as a OC, he has WON the SEC and taken AU TO the NC game as a HC. He won in his only year as HC at another school before accepting the HC job at AU.

So how can you say AU made the wrong choice when interviewing Smart and Malzahn?

I understand Malzahn is strugging the last year and a half, and i understand Smart is a great DC, but to say we made the wrong hire back in 2013 is wrong. If Smart in 3 years as HC at GA wins the SEC more than once, WINS a NC, then i will be glad to accept your evaluation, but not now.

Gus has to win 8 games next year or he is gone.

looking at our schedule early on...well.... we come out and take a another beating at home...team spins down...and never recovers....LSU, A&M....Gus is good as gone.

Should have done it this year....after next just that much longer to recover for us....

FD9886CF-E228-4E27-ABFF-019A79841934_zpswwrs5bxc.gif

Hope we don't have any Auburn grads flying a plane right about now.

LMAO!

Archived