The Official Meltdown Thread

thaitopher

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

You're my dude, but...

ColdImpressionableDikkops-size_restricte

I don't get it either....But a question I am in dire need for an answer to...........Biscuits or Cornbread?

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

I don't get it either....But a question I am in dire need for an answer to...........Biscuits or Cornbread?

Marty and McGee fan?

I love both cornbread and biscuits.

I mean biscuits with breakfast...saw mill sausage gravy, tomato gravy, butter and homemade jelly or preserves, or table syrup (thats the super thick stuff for you city slickers, sugar cane or sorghum) I can do it all. Plus, they are very versatile for dinner pairings as well.

Cornbread goes well with a mess of beans, peas, soups, greens, gumbo, or just by itself. Cornbread dressing, oooooh lawd have mercy! You can change it up with cracklin cornbread or mexican cornbread.

Still feel like I missing something...

18 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Marty and McGee fan?

I mean biscuits with breakfast...saw mill sausage gravy, tomato gravy, butter and homemade jelly or preserves, or table syrup (thats the super thick stuff for you city slickers, sugar cane or sorghum) I can do it all. Plus, they are very versatile for dinner pairings as well.

Cornbread goes well with a mess of beans, peas, soups, greens, gumbo, or just by itself. Cornbread dressing, oooooh lawd have mercy! You can change it up with cracklin cornbread or mexican cornbread.

Jelly has to be homemade Red Plum soak the biscuit with churn butter and slap the jelly on

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

They both have their place. Meal composition dictates the appropriate carbohydrate medium. Chili? Cornbread(jalapeño/Mexican) Bacon and eggs? Biscuit.

One of my absolute favorite things to eat at the Mississippi State Fair is fresh biscuits and hot molasses...free of charge. They have a mule powered sugar cane mill on site. Defreakinglicious.

49 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Jelly has to be homemade Red Plum soak the biscuit with churn butter and slap the jelly on

Never had it, but I like red plums. My favorite jelly is homemade muscadine or scuppernong (I call them scufflins).), yum. I was introduced to mayhaw jelly here in Louisiana, it's good. I love some pear preserves, too.

15 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

One of my absolute favorite things to eat at the Mississippi State Fair is fresh biscuits and hot molasses...free of charge. They have a mule powered sugar cane mill on site. Defreakinglicious.

Sounds like my kinda gathering. Have you ever been to the Syrup Soppin Festival in Loachapoka?

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

Never had it, but I like red plums. My favorite jelly is homemade muscadine or scuppernong (I call them scufflins).), yum. I was introduced to mayhaw jelly here in Louisiana, it's good. I love some pear preserves, too.

I’ve been searching for a couple years now for fig preserves at the local markets. My grandmother used to have a fig tree and and she introduced fig preserves on butter biscuits to me as I was growing up. Yum

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’ve been searching for a couple years now for fig preserves at the local markets. My grandmother used to have a fig tree and and she introduced fig preserves on butter biscuits to me as I was growing up. Yum

Not sure where you're located jeff, but if you can find an amish market anywhere nearby they'll have that kinda goodness. Like you said farmers markets aka curb markets and flea markets are other good bets. 

That's kinda like my wife loves green plums, it's not popular around here in Louisiana apparently so she can't find them. She has to put in an order from East Central Alabama/West Georgia. 

1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

Marty and McGee fan?

Yes! Cornbread broke up into a glass of milk is good too. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Yes! Cornbread broke up into a glass of milk is good too. 

:slapfh:Doh, that's it! Yes sir, absolutely. I pour "sweet" milk tho, can't hang with the buttermilk crowd.

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

Not sure where you're located jeff, but if you can find an amish market anywhere nearby they'll have that kinda goodness. Like you said farmers markets aka curb markets and flea markets are other good bets. 

That's kinda like my wife loves green plums, it's not popular around here in Louisiana apparently so she can't find them. She has to put in an order from East Central Alabama/West Georgia. 

I’m going bave to check into the Amish markets possibly nearby.  I literally miss them. Green plums hmm...she might be onto something.

30 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Sounds like my kinda gathering. Have you ever been to the Syrup Soppin Festival in Loachapoka?

I have not. However, with both “syrup” and “soppin” in the name, it sounds like my kind of party.

51 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I'm with you on the muscadine jelly and the pear preserves. Good stuff right there. 

1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

You just listed all my favorite jellies. I also hadn’t had mayhaw jelly until I moved here to Louisiana. 

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

I bet 17 straight runs up the middle on first down tomorrow will end this thread derailment.

Nope. We will just bring a safety down to stop it from derailing.

4 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Marty and McGee fan?

Alaga Syrup ?Also Jiffy Cornbread

2 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

:slapfh:Doh, that's it! Yes sir, absolutely. I pour "sweet" milk tho, can't hang with the buttermilk crowd.

My Granddad used to drink buttermilk by itself. No way I could do that. Funny story my cousin once mistook it for egg nog and my uncle made him finish the whole glass.

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

My Granddad used to drink buttermilk by itself. No way I could do that. Funny story my cousin once mistook it for egg nog and my uncle made him finish the whole glass.

Yeesh, that's straight green face. ?

I can't believe people mess up good bourbon with egg nog either.

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

WTH is wrong with you. Damn some of Mama Joy's, my Mom, biscuits are to die for..........................................

i went to cooter browns in jacksonville yesterday to pick up a slab of ribs and they had pbr on special for a buck seventyfive. that sounded kinda high golf. i figured you being the expert you would know.......

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I have not. However, with both “syrup” and “soppin” in the name, it sounds like my kind of party.

I testify, it's amazing!

Archived