The Official Meltdown Thread

thaitopher

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

This season we were supposedly primed to "run the table" with all the seniors coming back and amen corner at home. DAG you talk of teams with new coaches but you know that we are more likely than not to lose a game we're not supposed to to one of those very teams. DAG -gummit don't tell me you're becoming one of them there sunshine pumpers.

Not at all. I expect an SEC championship next year with the talent we potentially have coming back. Anything less is a failure in my eyes.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAG said:

Not at all. I expect an SEC championship next year with the talent we potentially have coming back. Anything less is a failure in my eyes.

WesleyDisappointment.jpg

We have coaches who are learning on the job. Good people, even Auburn people, but who do not have the resume to be position coaches at AU. We have a head coach who thinks we have a great staff. We have money people who have more money than sense when it comes to buying a top notch HC. Its not even a matter of who's available anymore. Is there anybody satisfied with the last 5 years? We are not getting better, we offer all the variations of winning and losing, all in one season. Even if we did manage to compete for championships, (delusional I know) we have the ability to implode on national TV and look embarrassing. In the last two years we have had a winning streak that gave us hope. Then when we convince ourselves to support this staff, again, we revert back to looking like coaching misfits. The OL was not communicating??? After 13 games the OL was not communicating. How do we pay hundreds of thousands of $$$ in salary and the HC finds this acceptable? Scott Frost whose whole staff was doing double duty between UCF and Nebraska simply out coached us. We were not motivated? Is that the excuse we find acceptable? Question, what do we as ALUM and fans find acceptable and when will we be able to count on consistency and getting better as a program? Is beating UGA and UA enough...because that's all we have for this year. At present, we are a laughing stock across the State because we are simply Auburn. Hopefully we get tired of our situation and demand more from our administration because nothing is going to change with this HC.

• 2 months later...

Not sure it works this way, but maybe Gus is getting our annual butt load of injuries out of the way in the Spring instead of going into Amen Corner.?

• 1 month later...

At this point The Official Meltdown thread should just be pinned. As long as Auburn Athletics exists there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth... It's therapeutic almost.

xpectd.gif

Why are we melting today? Is it last night's baseball win or the great recruiting weekend?

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Why are we melting today? Is it last night's baseball win or the great recruiting weekend?

92 degrees and the humidity is 473% in the Low Country today. That's my excuse.

As for Auburn sports, it's a day ending in Y, so...

Image result for freak out gif

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

92 degrees and the humidity is 473% in the Low Country today. That's my excuse.

As for Auburn sports, it's a day ending in Y, so...

Image result for freak out gif

What?  You don't like feeling like you can reach out and touch the sun while we all bitch and moan about our favorite program?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Archived