The Official Meltdown Thread

thaitopher

3 hours ago, auskull said:

Yeah, way too many zeros.

Yea Leath was just impressed to get to write a check that big. Felt really good for his inflated ego. Probably never even gave the ramifications to AU any thought whatsoever .

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m on full on meltdown. I’ve followed aufamily for awhile but never thought I’d post.  Stay silent, we’re Auburn, things will get better. No. Having been part of AU since I was a freshman in 1985, I’m done with the football program until SIGNIFICANT changes are made. My soul is crushed. I’ve let this fiasco, in which I have Zero control, destroy a part of me. Whether that’s Gus or Gus and Leath, just do it already.  I’m confident our current assistant coaches would do a better job without Malzahn’s totalitarianism.  

Negotiating down his payout and living another year in misery is not the answer. How are we going to be any better next year with no talent in the trenches?  Leath and Gus are on the verge of destroying Auburn football. Honestly, right now I’d rather be Ole Miss, where at least we’d have an excuse.

Instead, we’re be lapped by uga, a&m, lsu, and uat. Now, we’re being outrecruited by utk. That means players would rather go to a program that’s done nothing in 20 years, other than embarrass us at home this season, than go to a program that won the SECC in 2013 and played in it in 2017. 

Make the pain go away. Give me some shred of hope, please. 

8 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

I’m on full on meltdown. I’ve followed aufamily for awhile but never thought I’d post.  Stay silent, we’re Auburn, things will get better. No. Having been part of AU since I was a freshman in 1985, I’m done with the football program until SIGNIFICANT changes are made. My soul is crushed. I’ve let this fiasco, in which I have Zero control, destroy a part of me. Whether that’s Gus or Gus and Leath, just do it already.  I’m confident our current assistant coaches would do a better job without Malzahn’s totalitarianism.  

Negotiating down his payout and living another year in misery is not the answer. How are we going to be any better next year with no talent in the trenches?  Leath and Gus are on the verge of destroying Auburn football. Honestly, right now I’d rather be Ole Miss, where at least we’d have an excuse.

Instead, we’re be lapped by uga, a&m, lsu, and uat. Now, we’re being outrecruited by utk. That means players would rather go to a program that’s done nothing in 20 years, other than embarrass us at home this season, than go to a program that won the SECC in 2013 and played in it in 2017. 

Well our golf, equestrian and mens baskeball teams are very good with baseball on the rise. Sorry best I could do at the moment. Post more often

On 12/2/2018 at 11:34 AM, auburndkel said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Image result for bourbon gif

Where do I find one of them there bottles of whiskey that endlessly pours?

That would be quite valuable the next few seasons...

I love the meltdown thread. I've always been an optimist when it comes to Auburn football and the hyperbolic nature of the thread is exactly my kind of humor...

But I'm at sick at the thought that the University president and certain board members, as is being reported, have set up Auburn football for a decade of failure.

702998515_1280x720.jpg

21 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

But I'm at sick at the thought that the University president and certain board members, as is being reported, have set up Auburn football for a decade of failure.

DOH! Did they extend Malzahn for an additional 4 years?:P

13 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

DOH! Did they extend Malzahn for an additional 4 years?:P

We may be wishing they did if he doesn't turn things around. How does Butch Jones for AU sound? Because that's the kinda coach we'd be able to bring in if next year's record is a fireable offense...

5 hours ago, beaumak said:

melting statue of liberty GIF

Can you find a similar gif doing that to the WR Bubblescreen?

14 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Can you find a similar gif doing that to the WR Bubblescreen?

this is the closest i could come up with...

film clue GIF

8 minutes ago, beaumak said:

this is the closest i could come up with...

film clue GIF

WRy6wr.gif

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

OMG!!!

We have a Freshman. QB!!

3-9 if we’re LUCKY now!!

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Yes especially since the last two CFP trophy wins were by teams lead by a Freshman QB. 😂

4 hours ago, Scottie said:

Reviving this for everyone that needs to melt over the qb choice today

Not sure why anyone would melt over it. You had two good freshmen QBs that went head to head. They both did great but in the end only one can start. Like I said the story isn’t over yet, we haven’t even played the first down yet. Let’s just watch and root for our team and let history write it’s self. I’m just hoping for 15-0 season. 👍

41 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yes especially since the last two CFP trophy wins were by teams lead by a Freshman QB. 😂

tenor (1).gif

Archived