SEC just flat out sucks this year.

boisnumber1

Yeah bama won it blah blah blah but the conference is terribly weak this year. In most years this bama team would have been no better than 3rd in the west. Thing is college football overall is down imo. Not one team is a wow team. Not even close.

Flat out sucks is harsh. The SEC has 5 teams in the top 25. We'll see after the bowls but we may have the national champ and 6 top 25 teams in the end.

Yeah bama won it blah blah blah but the conference is terribly weak this year. In most years this bama team would have been no better than 3rd in the west. Thing is college football overall is down imo. Not one team is a wow team. Not even close.

"I may be slow, but I'm ahead of you." [brother Dave]

...but, yeah, downer season

Flat out sucks is harsh. The SEC has 5 teams in the top 25. We'll see after the bowls but we may have the national champ and 6 top 25 teams in the end.

An above average defense would smoke UAT I think, and a above average offense would score just enough to beat em.

I agree. Ive been singing this song since Memphis beat OM. The conference is really weak. I think we get killed (conference wise) in the bowls. The qb's in the SEC are pretty bad. I can't name one who could put a team on his shoulders and win a big game.

An above average defense would smoke UAT I think, and a above average offense would score just enough to beat em.

Clemson?

I agree. Ive been singing this song since Memphis beat OM. The conference is really weak. I think we get killed (conference wise) in the bowls. The qb's in the SEC are pretty bad. I can't name one who could put a team on his shoulders and win a big game.

hope so, except Auburn of course. Would be nice to see the sec lose every game

I agree, I think our bowl games will go about like last year and SEC overall will be down. From what I am seeing in the conference games tonight is the Iowa or MSU defense can probably stop Bama, not sure their offense is enough to beat them. Clemson has the offense, not sure if their defense is enough. But I think OU from what I saw during the season has enough of both.

If all stands pat in the CFP ranks, I think Clemson beats Iowa/MSU and OU beats Bama (again), making a championship match of Clemson - OU which should be a great game, probably have to go with OU in that case.

I agree, I think our bowl games will go about like last year and SEC overall will be down. From what I am seeing in the conference games tonight is the Iowa or MSU defense can probably stop Bama, not sure their offense is enough to beat them. Clemson has the offense, not sure if their defense is enough. But I think OU from what I saw during the season has enough of both.

If all stands pat in the CFP ranks, I think Clemson beats Iowa/MSU and OU beats Bama (again), making a championship match of Clemson - OU which should be a great game, probably have to go with OU in that case.

Uggh. I live in Oklahoma City and OU fans are nearly as walmart and annoying as turd fans. However, I would rather any of the remaining 3 win it instead of the turds.

I look at it a different way. The SEC is cannibalizing itself in the quest for championships.

Competition in the SEC has grown by leaps and bounds. Gone are the days of one or two teams being substantially better than everyone else. The talent pool has grown. Everybody has players now a days. I suspect that this year is merely a glimpse of what the future holds. If I'm right, it will get harder and harder to go undefeated in this league. The conference champion will likely have at least one or two losses in years to come.

And, with the playoffs almost guaranteed to expand to 6 or 8 teams in the years to come, the SEC will probably continue to lose its grip on the national championships as time goes by.

I look at it a different way. The SEC is cannibalizing itself in the quest for championships.

Competition in the SEC has grown by leaps and bounds. Gone are the days of one or two teams being substantially better than everyone else. The talent pool has grown. Everybody has players now a days. I suspect that this year is merely a glimpse of what the future holds. If I'm right, it will get harder and harder to go undefeated in this league. The conference champion will likely have at least one or two losses in years to come.

And, with the playoffs almost guaranteed to expand to 6 or 8 teams in the years to come, the SEC will probably continue to lose its grip on the national championships as time goes by.

Alabama is clearly the best team in the conference but they are not anywhere near as good as past sec championship teams, The level of qb play this year has to be the worst I can remember. Defense is decent at several places vut even that is down. The league just isn't what it was. Those dominant teams don't exist its a matter of the top coming back down instead of the bottom coming up.

Uggh. I live in Oklahoma City and OU fans are nearly as walmart and annoying as turd fans. However, I would rather any of the remaining 3 win it instead of the turds.

Sorry for you then. I guess we call all agree, no turds, no OU for you and I don't dabo to get it. I guess I wouldn't mind Michigan State since they helped us back in 2013.

Archived