Charles Kelly

RunInRed

As for the Carolina fans, I believe that most will defintely be disappointed with Muschamp in 3 years just as Florida found themselves. Great Defensive Coach, but admittedly not very good with his anger management.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the Carolina fans, I believe that most will defintely be disappointed with Muschamp in 3 years just as Florida found themselves. Great Defensive Coach, but admittedly not very good with his anger management.

What did his "anger management" deficiencies cost us other than one penalty all season (or in 3 seasons, if you want to include his previous stint)? Honest question.

What did his "anger management" deficiencies cost us other than one penalty all season (or in 3 seasons, if you want to include his previous stint)? Honest question.

Nothing. His demeanor was much needed for our defense. I hope the next coach is just as intense and doesn't behave as if they're on Valium.

Nothing. His demeanor was much needed for our defense. I hope the next coach is just as intense and doesn't behave as if they're on Valium.

Can't agree more. Gus needs someone who brings some fire to balance out his quiet genius demeanor.

As much as he was a train wreck in many ways, that's what Trooper Taylor did for the 2010 team and part of why they were able to stay positive and excited during the media onslaught. They had Gus and Chizik to provide a solid support and Trooper to get them fired up and help them have fun. Auburn needs that guy, except one who doesn't cross the line while doing it.

I just want to be ranked in the top 25 (nationally) on defense for once. I don't even remember what that is like it has been so long.

Heck I guess I should start small and just hope that we rank in the top 75 nationally... baby steps.

I just want to be ranked in the top 25 (nationally) on defense for once. I don't even remember what that is like it has been so long.

Heck I guess I should start small and just hope that we rank in the top 75 nationally... baby steps.

You mean #90 wasn't good enough for you this year?!! LOL

Can't agree more. Gus needs someone who brings some fire to balance out his quiet genius demeanor.

As much as he was a train wreck in many ways, that's what Trooper Taylor did for the 2010 team and part of why they were able to stay positive and excited during the media onslaught. They had Gus and Chizik to provide a solid support and Trooper to get them fired up and help them have fun. Auburn needs that guy, except one who doesn't cross the line while doing it.

Good point about Taylor. A lot of people have a lot to say about the guy, and a lot of it may be true. And he sure got a lot of dawgie diapers in a twist when Fairley got into that scuffle. But at the end of the day, it was Taylor who actually went out there and got Fairley off the field. Dude connected with the kids. And so do Muschamp and TRob. CDC does, too, but we need to get that back on defense.

I don't think it is the perception of Gus, but the perception of our AD, that we should be worried about.

Seriously...Muschamp was gone regardless of the USC job. He would have made a lateral move. Ask yourself WHY.

I love AU as much as anyone, but unfortunately we are a hot mess right now, and NOT a "premier" job as was stated.

Other than the obvious a Dc coming to AU to coach for a coach on the hot seat. Can you elaborate on the "hot mess"?

Bump... You cannot lay out an accusation like this with out giving some insight...

Dude is this the only thread you've been on? Have you even read most of this one? The evidence of why we are a hot mess is everywhere. We are a hot mess! If Gus doesn't do what it takes to save most of this recruiting class and make some good hires and changes on O, we will be a simmering hot mess soon.

Dude... She is insinuating something in the AD not with Gus yes I aam reading all the threads.

I mean if enough people without any backing info says it, it must true. Right, dude? Pathetic that we have fans repeating rumors and innuendo without any info to back them up. Not 1 single person has brought any info to the table that suggests we are a "hot mess". What's going on at Auburn that's not going on at any other school? Issues with our AD? if so, what exactly are they? We have to replace a DC that took a HC position with another SEC school. So does the turds. THUGA is replacing their entire staff. Someone please explain the "hot mess" with something other than look at the posts on this board.

So our AD is just incredibly unlucky? How about how every football head coaching stint since Dye has ended in a horrible plane crash? No fault of our AD or the PTB? The evidence is in the 25 years of results...meddling when things have a hint of going south. That's not the way to grow a solid foundation.

After watching the same things get repeated over and over again, I can't imagine any great coach wanting to come here, unless it's to stop over and get your golden parachute.

What do you mean unlucky? Most all coaching changes end in a plane crash unless they retire. LSU tried to crash their plane this year. THUGA had been wanting to change for a couple of years and they are getting a lot of backlash from their fans about firing Richt. I'm not defending JJ, but he hasn't been the AD for 25 years. What do you suppose we do with the PTB? Tell them to take their money somewhere else? Are you that blind to how life works? You give money, you get favor. It happens in politics, sports and even in church.

Nope, not even a close to accurate view of reality. The Richt departure went pretty smoothly all things considered, and that was after he'd been there how long? Spurrier departure went pretty smoothly. Many coaches leave schools or are fired without said school crashing and burning. AU is not capable of such a scenario. Coaches leave AU in total disarray....it's a pattern. At some point you have to point your finger at yourself.

Ok Mr. Reality, if you are changing coaches, it's because the disarray has already occurred. You must not live in Georgia and hear the mad fans in the Richt firing. I quess you didn't hear Smart's press conference yesterday when he said Georgia was short on talent. Spurrier QUIT! What reality are you living in? How has AUBURN crashed and burned and how/which firing would you handle differently? Just because you keep saying it doesn't mean that it's true.

If you have legitimate answers then let's take it to private messages....if not then War Eagle!

You've escalated this quickly. Are you tied into the Auburn AD or BOT? I'm just going to do a quick list of actual train wrecks...UGA's situation is in no way a train wreck. It could have been, except that cooler heads prevailed at certain points throughout his tenure.

These are what I, and most people, consider down-in-flames seasons:

3-8: Bowden

5-7: Tuberville (also survived a nasty coup after an 8 win season)

3-9: Chizik

Gus? We don't know, but it looks like we're headed down the same path.

You can keep blaming the coaches, but at some point AU has to look inward and how it handles football coaches, because EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM ends the same way.

You can keep blaming the coaches, but at some point AU has to look inward and how it handles football coaches, because EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM ends the same way.

Even crazier? Except Tuberville, every single one of them begins the same way.

As a coordinator you can do that. As a head coach you can't. We'll see if he's learned the difference.

I don't think it is the perception of Gus, but the perception of our AD, that we should be worried about.

Seriously...Muschamp was gone regardless of the USC job. He would have made a lateral move. Ask yourself WHY.

I love AU as much as anyone, but unfortunately we are a hot mess right now, and NOT a "premier" job as was stated.

Other than the obvious a Dc coming to AU to coach for a coach on the hot seat. Can you elaborate on the "hot mess"?

Bump... You cannot lay out an accusation like this with out giving some insight...

Dude is this the only thread you've been on? Have you even read most of this one? The evidence of why we are a hot mess is everywhere. We are a hot mess! If Gus doesn't do what it takes to save most of this recruiting class and make some good hires and changes on O, we will be a simmering hot mess soon.

Dude... She is insinuating something in the AD not with Gus yes I aam reading all the threads.

I mean if enough people without any backing info says it, it must true. Right, dude? Pathetic that we have fans repeating rumors and innuendo without any info to back them up. Not 1 single person has brought any info to the table that suggests we are a "hot mess". What's going on at Auburn that's not going on at any other school? Issues with our AD? if so, what exactly are they? We have to replace a DC that took a HC position with another SEC school. So does the turds. THUGA is replacing their entire staff. Someone please explain the "hot mess" with something other than look at the posts on this board.

So our AD is just incredibly unlucky? How about how every football head coaching stint since Dye has ended in a horrible plane crash? No fault of our AD or the PTB? The evidence is in the 25 years of results...meddling when things have a hint of going south. That's not the way to grow a solid foundation.

After watching the same things get repeated over and over again, I can't imagine any great coach wanting to come here, unless it's to stop over and get your golden parachute.

What do you mean unlucky? Most all coaching changes end in a plane crash unless they retire. LSU tried to crash their plane this year. THUGA had been wanting to change for a couple of years and they are getting a lot of backlash from their fans about firing Richt. I'm not defending JJ, but he hasn't been the AD for 25 years. What do you suppose we do with the PTB? Tell them to take their money somewhere else? Are you that blind to how life works? You give money, you get favor. It happens in politics, sports and even in church.

Nope, not even a close to accurate view of reality. The Richt departure went pretty smoothly all things considered, and that was after he'd been there how long? Spurrier departure went pretty smoothly. Many coaches leave schools or are fired without said school crashing and burning. AU is not capable of such a scenario. Coaches leave AU in total disarray....it's a pattern. At some point you have to point your finger at yourself.

Ok Mr. Reality, if you are changing coaches, it's because the disarray has already occurred. You must not live in Georgia and hear the mad fans in the Richt firing. I quess you didn't hear Smart's press conference yesterday when he said Georgia was short on talent. Spurrier QUIT! What reality are you living in? How has AUBURN crashed and burned and how/which firing would you handle differently? Just because you keep saying it doesn't mean that it's true.

If you have legitimate answers then let's take it to private messages....if not then War Eagle!

You've escalated this quickly. Are you tied into the Auburn AD or BOT? I'm just going to do a quick list of actual train wrecks...UGA's situation is in no way a train wreck. It could have been, except that cooler heads prevailed at certain points throughout his tenure.

Three coaches and 3 different ADs.....so what's the point?

It's as if nobody else ever had ups and downs in their programs.

I'm just going to do a quick list of actual train wrecks...UGA's situation is in no way a train wreck. It could have been, except that cooler heads prevailed at certain points throughout his tenure.

It is a bit telling that Auburn's most consistently successful coach was also the one who the board hated the most and who they tried to get rid of twice before being successful.

AU is not capable of such a scenario. Coaches leave AU in total disarray....it's a pattern. At some point you have to point your finger at yourself.

I'm going to have to disagree here... The last two major departures we had were 2008 and 2012. The first ended up with a decent season in 2009 and a National championship in 2010. The second ended up with us in the National Championship Game in 2013.

Based on that, the only thing I can surmise from our coaching changes is that maybe we pull the trigger to fire a bit too easily, because it seems surprisingly easy for the new staff to make things happen, which tells me that the previous staff probably want the dumpster fire it was made out to be.

in 2012 it was a dumpster fire as far as mentality and structure. but the pieces were there. they needed a qb, offensive plan and an attitude change. 2008 they needed a coach that wanted to be there and a staff that got along. this year we need a qb and two talented WRs that are not psychopaths. i hope gus finds them.

I'm just going to do a quick list of actual train wrecks...UGA's situation is in no way a train wreck. It could have been, except that cooler heads prevailed at certain points throughout his tenure.

It is a bit telling that Auburn's most consistently successful coach was also the one who the board hated the most and who they tried to get rid of twice before being successful.

There you go people. That just happened to Mark Richt at UGA and damn near happened to Les MIles LSU-except the PTB decided at halftime of the TA&M Game that a $30 million price tags for all the buyouts was just off the charts (So exhorbitant in Total that it may have fallen into the "Institutional Control" Arena). If you look just over the horizon a liitle bit, seems like others have experienced some illogical Dumpster Fires themselves.

I'm sorry that I was part of the thread being hijacked! Let's get back to Charles Kelly. I would like to see him as our DC, but he's not the only one out there. I hope that we have the DC position resolved soon.

Amen!

I'm sorry that I was part of the thread being hijacked! Let's get back to Charles Kelly. I would like to see him as our DC, but he's not the only one out there. I hope that we have the DC position resolved soon.

Amen!

Well...we don't know anything about whether Kelly is even a candidate .....and needed something to keep the tread open....so that's OK...meanwhile will this search extend beyond the bowl game for FSU or is there any need for CK to worry about waiting?

Sadly, that's a part of who we are as a whole...

bama fans - redneck sheep who worship at the feet of a dead football coach and will kill their own mom for not saying roll tide often enough

LSU fans - slightly crazy fans who can get aggressive very quickly and some say smell like corn dogs

Ole Miss fans - old southern snobs who often consider a football game just an excuse to dress up and drink

Auburn fans - perpetually nice guys with below average self-esteem who tend to take the smallest amount of negative news/rumor and blow it up into something of biblical proportions

Why do Ole Miss fans need an excuse to drink?

I think it's more the dressing up while they drink.

Sorta like people of Walmart. Right?

Personalities aside who would you rather have? Pruitt or Kelly?

You can't eliminate the personality part. Even so, all things equal, I would take Kelly. He seems to me to be the better coach. Better recruiter too.

You can't eliminate the personality part. Even so, all things equal, I would take Kelly. He seems to me to be the better coach. Better recruiter too.

Read post above yours. He ain't comin'.

WDE !!!

Just a shame an Auburn guy doesn't feel the urge to jump at the chance to come home. Im sure he's very comfortable at FSU but dang. So much for momma calling. Next

WDE !!!

Read the actual article...all it says is that he wants a 3 year contract and more money, which has already been discussed here. That article had zero new info.

WDE !!!

Read the actual article...all it says is that he wants a 3 year contract and more money, which has already been discussed here. That article had zero new info.

As the title of the article states, Report: Kelly Staying Put at FSU.

The very first sentence states also, Florida State defensive coordinator Charles Kelly will be staying put, according to a report by Noles247.

According to an AUC headline, Kelly ii staying at FSU.

hahaha, you beat me.

WDE !!!

As the title of the article states, Report: Kelly Staying Put at FSU.

The very first sentence states also, Florida State defensive coordinator Charles Kelly will be staying put, according to a report by Noles247.

According to an AUC headline, Kelly ii staying at FSU.

hahaha, you beat me.

The article I see after clicking the link has this as the first sentence. Are we seeing different articles?

"Florida State defensive coordinator Charles Kelly unlikely to make a move to Auburn, according to a report by Noles247."

This says unlikely, not staying put...

Archived