Charles Kelly

RunInRed

Personalities aside who would you rather have? Pruitt or Kelly?

You can't eliminate the personality part. Even so, all things equal, I would take Kelly. He seems to me to be the better coach. Better recruiter too.

Read post above yours. He ain't comin'.

WDE !!!

Read the actual article...all it says is that he wants a 3 year contract and more money, which has already been discussed here. That article had zero new info.

As the title of the article states, Report: Kelly Staying Put at FSU.

The very first sentence states also, Florida State defensive coordinator Charles Kelly will be staying put, according to a report by Noles247.

According to an AUC headline, Kelly ii staying at FSU.

hahaha, you beat me.

That ends it I guess...nobody every changes their minds these days do they....... :dunno:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a shame an Auburn guy doesn't feel the urge to jump at the chance to come home. Im sure he's very comfortable at FSU but dang. So much for momma calling. Next

Iff momma wasn't bipolar he'd come home in a minute.

You can't eliminate the personality part. Even so, all things equal, I would take Kelly. He seems to me to be the better coach. Better recruiter too.

WDE !!!

Read the actual article...all it says is that he wants a 3 year contract and more money, which has already been discussed here. That article had zero new info.

The very first sentence states also, Florida State defensive coordinator Charles Kelly will be staying put, according to a report by Noles247.

hahaha, you beat me.

The article I see after clicking the link has this as the first sentence. Are we seeing different articles?

"Florida State defensive coordinator Charles Kelly unlikely to make a move to Auburn, according to a report by Noles247."

This says unlikely, not staying put...

You're straining at gnats. He's not coming to AU. no link, no post

WDE !!!

Just a shame an Auburn guy doesn't feel the urge to jump at the chance to come home. Im sure he's very comfortable at FSU but dang. So much for momma calling. Next

Iff momma wasn't bipolar he'd come home in a minute.

Isn't that the b_____ of it ?

WDE !!!

Edit: No, I wasn't calling her a b_____. Just using the phrase. lol Didn't think about that until after I posted.

I would like to see Kelly get the job but I think will be the guy from Georgia State. JMO.

You mean the guy from Georgia Southern?

Or do you mean a guy from the state of Georgia....

I would like to see Kelly get the job but I think will be the guy from Georgia State. JMO.

Muschamp?!

Oh sorry, I'm a year late!

Can we end this thread now

Nothing is over! Nothing! You don't just turn it off. It wasn't my war. You asked me, I didn't ask you. And I did what I had to do to win. But somebody wouldn't let us win.

Muschamp?!

Oh sorry, I'm a year late!

LOL

Nothing is over! Nothing! You don't just turn it off. It wasn't my war. You asked me, I didn't ask you. And I did what I had to do to win. But somebody wouldn't let us win.

Nicely done John R.

It was a bad time for everyone, but it's all in the past now. You were part of an elite group. Don't end it like this.

WDE!

WDE !!!

hahaha, you beat me.

The article I see after clicking the link has this as the first sentence. Are we seeing different articles?

"Florida State defensive coordinator Charles Kelly unlikely to make a move to Auburn, according to a report by Noles247."

This says unlikely, not staying put...

You're straining at gnats. He's not coming to AU. no link, no post

WDE !!!

I have no way of knowing if any of this about Kelly is true or not but assuming it is true let him stay in Tallahassee...Auburn does not have to have his services. Bring someone in who wants to be at Auburn. I will be so glad when the "silly season" finally comes to a close.

Does anyone remember when Gus hired Craig? Their Rivals and pretty much every other site reported it was "official"...Craig was NOT leaving FSU for Auburn.

https://floridastate...asp?CID=1449209

We all saw how that turned out. It may not be Kelly in the end but I would not put a tremendous amount of weight into what their "inside sources" say.

Does anyone remember when Gus hired Craig? Their Rivals and pretty much every other site reported it was "official"...Craig was NOT leaving FSU for Auburn.

We all saw how that turned out. It may not be Kelly in the end but I would not put a tremendous amount of weight into what their "inside sources" say.

To bring Kelly to AU would most likely require "crazy" money. Is that justified ? Is he that skilled ? Don't think so. He's just the first we've known to have dialogue with AU which tends to make us put too much expectation in him.

There are other excellent candidates available. We're just getting warmed up to haul one in.

WDE !!!

To bring Kelly to AU would most likely require "crazy" money. Is that justified ? Is he that skilled ? Don't think so. He's just the first we've known to have dialogue with AU which tends to make us put too much expectation in him.

There are other excellent candidates available. We're just getting warmed up to haul one in.

WDE !!!

I am more than ok if we don't get a big name, but an up and coming DC at a smaller school.

WDE !!!

He hasn't shown that he's not skilled. Apparently he just isn't your favorite guy

WDE !!!

He hasn't shown that he's not skilled. Apparently he just isn't your favorite guy

Kelly is my favorite to become our DC. My point is that his resume' doesn't support crazy money. He's not skilled enough for us to throw crazy money at him. Muschamp was a crazy money deal because he had the resume'. Kelly's background is a good, varied career with success. I want him at AU.......and deep down I believe that is where his heart is too ( my conjecture) but I was told that he is committed to Jimbo because he has been good to him and his family. This is in addition to the $ and stability issues he sees that make him cautious about coming to AU.

A man who doesn't chase money but holds to loyalty is the man I want. Maybe in the future he'll be on our roster.

WDE !!!

Archived