Charles Kelly

RunInRed

I don't think it is the perception of Gus, but the perception of our AD, that we should be worried about.

Seriously...Muschamp was gone regardless of the USC job. He would have made a lateral move. Ask yourself WHY.

I love AU as much as anyone, but unfortunately we are a hot mess right now, and NOT a "premier" job as was stated.

You just don't understand the wrath that is about to come your way.......

I'm not looking to deliver wrath but i'd sure as heck like to know what source/information there is that says Muschamp was gone no matter what? Why would he have taken the DC job at Bama or UGA?

We don't know for certain if that's what would have happened or not. Moving on.......

The more I hear the more I think that was Muschamp exercising leverage for some changes he wanted to occur. Not that Kirby or Saban wouldn't have taken him, I just get the sense that it was a threat to make sure certain things happened had he not gotten the SCe job and came back as our DC.

That sounds reasonable. You sounded like you were mad about him taking Auburn through the ringer earlier though.

I was. And to some extent still am, because that threat could have been communicated privately rather than making Auburn look bad in public. And I don't care for him gutting our coaching staff to build his own either. Mostly, I'm just done with him using Auburn as a step stool for his next job.

Amazing the difference 11 months make. While I was citing those exact reasons for not falling in line with the Muschamp euphoria, you were, one of, if not his most ardent admirer. After leaving Auburn in lateral moves twice before, I had already seen enough of the guy. Oh well, he got his $1.6 mil of Auburn's money, you got your wish and once again Auburn was thrown to the curb. The guy has repeatedly proven himself to be a selfish hot head perfectly willing and capable of doing anything to insure he has his way.

I remember some of that exchange. I was also excited to get Muschamp 11 months ago. I think Mikey and you were two of the only posters that were basically stating: Not so fast on coach hothead.

As it turns out, you two were correct. As it also turns out, (Can't post the pay stuff) it appears Jacobs was involved in this mess once again.

So you think that If JJ had done something different Muschamp would not of gone to SC to be their head coach? This assumes that JJ ticked off a hotheaded coach and sent him running to SC with a coach whom he brought and a native SC off the field coach.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it is the perception of Gus, but the perception of our AD, that we should be worried about.

Seriously...Muschamp was gone regardless of the USC job. He would have made a lateral move. Ask yourself WHY.

I love AU as much as anyone, but unfortunately we are a hot mess right now, and NOT a "premier" job as was stated.

Other than the obvious a Dc coming to AU to coach for a coach on the hot seat. Can you elaborate on the "hot mess"?

Bump... You cannot lay out an accusation like this with out giving some insight...

Dude is this the only thread you've been on? Have you even read most of this one? The evidence of why we are a hot mess is everywhere. We are a hot mess! If Gus doesn't do what it takes to save most of this recruiting class and make some good hires and changes on O, we will be a simmering hot mess soon.

Dude... She is insinuating something in the AD not with Gus yes I aam reading all the threads.

I mean if enough people without any backing info says it, it must true. Right, dude? Pathetic that we have fans repeating rumors and innuendo without any info to back them up. Not 1 single person has brought any info to the table that suggests we are a "hot mess". What's going on at Auburn that's not going on at any other school? Issues with our AD? if so, what exactly are they? We have to replace a DC that took a HC position with another SEC school. So does the turds. THUGA is replacing their entire staff. Someone please explain the "hot mess" with something other than look at the posts on this board.

Other than the obvious a Dc coming to AU to coach for a coach on the hot seat. Can you elaborate on the "hot mess"?

Bump... You cannot lay out an accusation like this with out giving some insight...

Dude is this the only thread you've been on? Have you even read most of this one? The evidence of why we are a hot mess is everywhere. We are a hot mess! If Gus doesn't do what it takes to save most of this recruiting class and make some good hires and changes on O, we will be a simmering hot mess soon.

Dude... She is insinuating something in the AD not with Gus yes I aam reading all the threads.

I mean if enough people without any backing info says it, it must true. Right, dude? Pathetic that we have fans repeating rumors and innuendo without any info to back them up. Not 1 single person has brought any info to the table that suggests we are a "hot mess". What's going on at Auburn that's not going on at any other school? Issues with our AD? if so, what exactly are they? We have to replace a DC that took a HC position with another SEC school. So does the turds. THUGA is replacing their entire staff. Someone please explain the "hot mess" with something other than look at the posts on this board.

So our AD is just incredibly unlucky? How about how every football head coaching stint since Dye has ended in a horrible plane crash? No fault of our AD or the PTB? The evidence is in the 25 years of results...meddling when things have a hint of going south. That's not the way to grow a solid foundation.

After watching the same things get repeated over and over again, I can't imagine any great coach wanting to come here, unless it's to stop over and get your golden parachute.

As it turns out, you two were correct. As it also turns out, (Can't post the pay stuff) it appears Jacobs was involved in this mess once again.

So you think that If JJ had done something different Muschamp would not of gone to SC to be their head coach? This assumes that JJ ticked off a hotheaded coach and sent him running to SC with a coach whom he brought and a native SC off the field coach.

Muschamp had issues with JJ when he left for the Texas DC job too, didn't he?

So our AD is just incredibly unlucky? How about how every football head coaching stint since Dye has ended in a horrible plane crash? No fault of our AD or the PTB? The evidence is in the 25 years of results...meddling when things have a hint of going south. That's not the way to grow a solid foundation.

After watching the same things get repeated over and over again, I can't imagine any great coach wanting to come here, unless it's to stop over and get your golden parachute.

What do you mean unlucky? Most all coaching changes end in a plane crash unless they retire. LSU tried to crash their plane this year. THUGA had been wanting to change for a couple of years and they are getting a lot of backlash from their fans about firing Richt. I'm not defending JJ, but he hasn't been the AD for 25 years. What do you suppose we do with the PTB? Tell them to take their money somewhere else? Are you that blind to how life works? You give money, you get favor. It happens in politics, sports and even in church.

You just don't understand the wrath that is about to come your way.......

I'm not looking to deliver wrath but i'd sure as heck like to know what source/information there is that says Muschamp was gone no matter what? Why would he have taken the DC job at Bama or UGA?

We don't know for certain if that's what would have happened or not. Moving on.......

The more I hear the more I think that was Muschamp exercising leverage for some changes he wanted to occur. Not that Kirby or Saban wouldn't have taken him, I just get the sense that it was a threat to make sure certain things happened had he not gotten the SCe job and came back as our DC.

That sounds reasonable. You sounded like you were mad about him taking Auburn through the ringer earlier though.

I was. And to some extent still am, because that threat could have been communicated privately rather than making Auburn look bad in public. And I don't care for him gutting our coaching staff to build his own either. Mostly, I'm just done with him using Auburn as a step stool for his next job.

Amazing the difference 11 months make. While I was citing those exact reasons for not falling in line with the Muschamp euphoria, you were, one of, if not his most ardent admirer. After leaving Auburn in lateral moves twice before, I had already seen enough of the guy. Oh well, he got his $1.6 mil of Auburn's money, you got your wish and once again Auburn was thrown to the curb. The guy has repeatedly proven himself to be a selfish hot head perfectly willing and capable of doing anything to insure he has his way.

I remember some of that exchange. I was also excited to get Muschamp 11 months ago. I think Mikey and you were two of the only posters that were basically stating: Not so fast on coach hothead.

lol

It's just a big ole hot mess AU style. Nuff said.

Sadly, that's a part of who we are as a whole...

bama fans - redneck sheep who worship at the feet of a dead football coach and will kill their own mom for not saying roll tide often enough

LSU fans - slightly crazy fans who can get aggressive very quickly and some say smell like corn dogs

Ole Miss fans - old southern snobs who often consider a football game just an excuse to dress up and drink

Auburn fans - perpetually nice guys with below average self-esteem who tend to take the smallest amount of negative news/rumor and blow it up into something of biblical proportions

I feel like people put WAY to much into some of this stuff. Of course Muschamp was going to leave. I was hoping for 2 years but we got one. We wanted T-Rob for DC but he wanted to follow the guy that he has been with for years. Both of these things make sense. Why does everyone freak out like Auburn is a disaster because a guy we knew was going to leave left? I think we should be able to find a capable DC without an issue.

I feel like people put WAY to much into some of this stuff. Of course Muschamp was going to leave. I was hoping for 2 years but we got one. We wanted T-Rob for DC but he wanted to follow the guy that he has been with for years. Both of these things make sense. Why does everyone freak out like Auburn is a disaster because a guy we knew was going to leave left? I think we should be able to find a capable DC without an issue.

yup. yup. yup. yup

bama fans - redneck sheep who worship at the feet of a dead football coach and will kill their own mom for not saying roll tide often enough

LSU fans - slightly crazy fans who can get aggressive very quickly and some say smell like corn dogs

Ole Miss fans - old southern snobs who often consider a football game just an excuse to dress up and drink

Auburn fans - perpetually nice guys with below average self-esteem who tend to take the smallest amount of negative news/rumor and blow it up into something of biblical proportions

This. Is. Awesome.

And I love that you forgot about MSU and Arkansas fans, because that is part of who they are as a whole, too :)

This. Is. Awesome.

And I love that you forgot about MSU and Arkansas fans, because that is part of who they are as a whole, too :)

I don't feel like MSU fans really have an identity... they just kind of blend into the woodwork. Arkansas fans are actually Big 12 fans pretending to belong in the SEC.

We, as in the fans, wanted him, but we, as in the program, wanted him to stay as a better paid Secondary Coach.

Nailed it! This is a 5 star post

This. Is. Awesome.

I don't feel like MSU fans really have an identity... they just kind of blend into the woodwork. Arkansas fans are actually Big 12 fans pretending to belong in the SEC.

Lion got this.

getting back to Kelly from what I read yesterday he made some demands about more money and some job guarantees which is something that always occurrs when hiring somebody. Did Auburn come back with a counter offer?

getting back to Kelly from what I read yesterday he made some demands about more money and some job guarantees which is something that always occurrs when hiring somebody. Did Auburn come back with a counter offer?

Working on a new offer from what some are saying........

Archived